+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Yeah! 2nd time applying, first time was 2019- denied. Basis is establishment and hardship:

Application received: December 12th, 2021
AoR: January 10th, 22
Started processing: April 3rd, 22
AIP: Nov 2nd, 22
Portal email: January 19th, 23

I was happy but I'm kinda worried now because: a) Ecas disappeared b) It normally takes 1 week or less to get credentials. It's been more than a month for me. Please help if anyone knows what's going on
Don't worry, it could be a technical bug, you can try the Automated telephone service

Sandeepgill83

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
How long does it take to receive the portal invitation? I received the email that asks for info confirmation and I replied back on Jan 19th. I haven't gotten the invitation + credentials yet.
Also for some reason my ecas profile disappeared. It just says: "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided." It was 'Decision Made' before.
This week you have received email invitation + credentials, you can not create sign up portal by self, ircc create and give you password after you can change your password. All the time check ecas iff you have decision made means congratulations.
You can click decision made and cheack you have new Masage invitation + credentials also when you receive ecopr +pr card ecas change decision made to complete option,

Reactions: Taweda

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Finally received my PR card last week Monday.... The journey is officially over.

Please Note : I did my application myself.

Below is my timeline

*Permanent Residence*

1) We received your application for permanent residence on October 4, 2021.

2) We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 12, 2021.

3) We started processing your application on December 14, 2021.

4) We sent you medical instructions on September 8, 2022. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

5) Medical results have been received.

6)You entered Canada at the HM Niagara Falls office on February 2, 2023 and became a Permanent Resident.

tony4454

Nov 20, 2020
Finally received my PR card last week Monday.... The journey is officially over.

Below is my timeline

*Permanent Residence*

2) We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 12, 2021.

4) We sent you medical instructions on September 8, 2022. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

6)You entered Canada at the HM Niagara Falls office on February 2, 2023 and became a Permanent Resident.
Congrats, so happy for u

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa

Below is my timeline

*Permanent Residence*

Congratulations

Reactions: bella12

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Could anyone please explain how IRCC evaluate the establishment in Canada? I mean the most successful factors.
List of "combination" of factors immigration officer considers when demonstrating your establishment in Canada.

1) The duration of your stay in Canada. The longer the years of your stay in Canada, the better. However, there are exceptions to this rule in certain situation.

2) List and present evidence of things you have accomplished in Canada that is of benefit to yourself and to Canada as a whole. For example, did you complete your university education in Canada ? This accomplishment would immensely benefit Canada and the economy in the long run.

Another example could be that you brought a house or started a business that you are able to employ Canadians . This is would be seen as a huge benefit to Canada and economy.

3) You need to provide evidence that demonstrates that you have integrated into society ( especially in the area you reside). The way to demonstrate this is to provide letter from all friends you have been able to make in your area. It can be letter from your neighbors, landlord , co-workers at work, letter from charity organizations you have volunteered with in the area you live, letter from church or Mosque religious leader....the letter MUST state their relationship with you and how long they have known you for.

Pls, ensure that if any letter coming from friends, neighbors in the area you live in should ONLY com from people with Canadian citizenship or PR...avoid using anybody on visa. .... secondly, attach a copy of their official ID to each letter such as Driver license, OR PR card or Passport. This is very important because it add lot of CREDIBILITY to each letter....lastly, make sure you take pictures with each person writing this letter for you. Let the picture show activities you doing with each other.

If the letter will be coming from institution like your work place, or church or mosque or charity organization in your area, ensure the letter is on a LETTER HEAD PAPER..very important....they need to state how long they know you.and what you have done aka duties for them.

4) In the area you live, there are ICONIC BUILDINGS or locations that are like tourist buildings /areas . For example, the local government buildings, museum buildings, MP office, and any place that you know is a ICONIC place in that area. Take pictures of yourself in those locations.... On each pictures, describe the place so that immigration officer can know more about your community....

These move help to demonstrate to an immigration officer that you know a lot about your community and it's history.

5) Provide evidence of all your tax return in your application. This demonstrate that you have been contributing to the Canadian economy since you have been to Canada.... pls, ensure you provide all the copy of all tax assessment copy since you have been in Canada.

6) Are there projects you have done for your community ? If so, provide the evidence . In my case, as a computer science and math graduate from a Canadian university, I provided evidence of all the IT projects I have done for all the local business in my area. They all wrote me very good supporting letter that I am a good person and that they will like me to remain in Canada PERMANENTLY and that I have contributed a lot to their business . Keep in mind that people depend so much on these businesses in my community. For example, I created an ecommerce website for them during the pandemic since they were not getting customers come into their stores due to lock down.

7). Submit evidence of your criminal record to your application....if you have NO criminal record, It demonstrates that you are a good person who deserves to be part of the Canadian society.

8)...This is very important

When you have your friends and neighbors writing you a supporting letter, the core thing an immigration officer is looking for in all of those letter is IF WHETHER YOU HAVE ESTABLISHED A STRONG BOND ALL OF THEM.....

This is why it is important they state that they have a strong bond with you and that you have been of great help to them and that there is nobody to help them other than YOU and that if ask to go back your country, there will be nobody available to help them and they will become vulnerable.

In my case, one of my neighbor happen to be a senior. He is in his 70s. He wrote that I have been helping him when he needed help such as helping him run errands, taking him for medical appointments, helping clean his apartment. He stated that he too frail to do all this thing's that he needs me around. He said he have known for about 7years and have MAINTAINED A STRONG BOND with me and that if immigration ask me to go back my to my country, he would not be able to do all things by himself.Hence , leaving him venerable in the community. I took pictures with him while wee were eating, while we went out etc.

Above are combination of way you can demonstrate your establishment in Canada to an immigration officer.

Always remember, anything you claim, Always back up with evidence no matter how little it is. It adds credibility to any your say.

It is important NOT to do this when demonstrating establishment in Canada. ( PARTICULARLY FOR 1ST STAGE OF YOUR APPLICATION)

1) Do NOT submit a copy of your bank account statement showing Large amount of money in it for the FIRST STAGE of your application. .....trust me , am talking from personal experience. I learnt the hard way about this.

The immigration officer would argue that since you have lot of money in your account, you could as well use that money to ESTABLISH yourself in your home country.....Yes, the officer that worked in my application said this . What I had to do is take out all the money in my bank account and leave just about 1000 dollars in it. I stated that I am fast running out of money and that I have no means to establish myself in my home country and that REMAINING PERMANENTLY in Canada is my last hope of survival.

It is important to note that h and c application is about you demonstrating that CIRCUMSTANCE BEYOND YOUR CONTROL IS REASON WHY YOU Want TO REMAIN PERMANENTLY IN CANADA...You don't want to give them impression that you are rich or have so much money. If not, they will ask you to use your money to establish yourself in your country.

Last edited:

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Nope dont know if irs in process or no
Just curious.... Why didn't you pick.the paper application option ?

From my observations, paper application have a higher success rate than online application. One thing people need to know is online application have so many limitation. Keep in mind that the system is still new to SOME immigration officers ...For clients, there are things you which you have done in your application but can't do it due to the online limitation.

If I have chosen the online option for my application, there are so many I would not have been able.to.do.that have helped my paper application.

Reactions: tony4454

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016

Below is my timeline

*Permanent Residence*

Congratulations. Well deserved