+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Jambol

Jun 24, 2021
I’m hoping somebody can help answer my question. About a year and a half to two years ago I applied for my grandmother as a refugee claimant long story short she was denied as a refugee a year after the negative decision we received a letter to report for her removal during this time, we also applied for a humanitarian and compassionate claim this happened in July 2022. At the meeting we were able to apply for PRRA we just got a letter in last week to report to them for her decision in the next few days. In the last three weeks or so, we have been receiving some letters from the humanitarian and compassionate claim. They have asked at my grandmother go do a medical which has been done, and I was wondering if anybody has any insight as to an approval. Does medical mean that she would be approved for the humanitarian and compassionate claim? Does anybody know what happens if the PRRA gets denied? Does she have to leave even though the humanitarian Claim seems to be moving along now??? Please help I’m so nervous for what’s to come. My grandmother has been here for about 25 years. She’s in her late 70s and for her to have to return back to her country of birth. It’s just horrifying to me any insight would be helpful. Thank you.
I’m hoping somebody can help answer my question. About a year and a half to two years ago I applied for my grandmother as a refugee claimant long story short she was denied as a refugee a year after the negative decision we received a letter to report for her removal during this time, we also applied for a humanitarian and compassionate claim this happened in July 2022. At the meeting we were able to apply for PRRA we just got a letter in last week to report to them for her decision in the next few days. In the last three weeks or so, we have been receiving some letters from the humanitarian and compassionate claim. They have asked at my grandmother go do a medical which has been done, and I was wondering if anybody has any insight as to an approval. Does medical mean that she would be approved for the humanitarian and compassionate claim? Does anybody know what happens if the PRRA gets denied? Does she have to leave even though the humanitarian Claim seems to be moving along now??? Please help I’m so nervous for what’s to come. My grandmother has been here for about 25 years. She’s in her late 70s and for her to have to return back to her country of birth. It’s just horrifying to me any insight would be helpful. Thank you.

If i may ask, how long does your PRRA takes before they asked you to come for decision?

Kary1

Feb 11, 2023
Mid July I had the first interview at that interview we applied for the PRRA my final submission for the PRRA was due August 11, 2022 and was submitted by that date and I just received a letter four days ago requesting us to come in on 14 February 2023 in person to receive our decision

Jimmy2000

Star Member
Dec 14, 2022
Mid July I had the first interview at that interview we applied for the PRRA my final submission for the PRRA was due August 11, 2022 and was submitted by that date and I just received a letter four days ago requesting us to come in on 14 February 2023 in person to receive our decision
[/Q
If they ask her to go for medical reports that means her H&C is approved

Kary1

Feb 11, 2023
I asked a few people that have been in similar situations, and they said they received a approval in principal letter or something along those lines yet she has never received one, which is why I am confused. And now I’m panicking because we have the decision PRRA

Reactions: Singh navi

Jambol

Jun 24, 2021
I asked a few people that have been in similar situations, and they said they received a approval in principal letter or something along those lines yet she has never received one, which is why I am confused. And now I’m panicking because we have the decision PRRA
I sent you a msg.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For people who have higher risk of deteriorating health (like elders), medicals may be requested before AIP. So the fact that medicals were requested is not yet indicative of approval. They are trying to assess potential cost for Canadian healthcare system before approving. Also, if PRRA is denied CBSA will have to proceed to removal, however if you fall on a compassionate officer they are unlikely to enforce the removal order given her age and ties to Canada, and may let her wait here until HC is decided. Try to go to your appointment as a family, be calm and cooperative, and hope for the best. Good luck

Reactions: lonesheep93

Mahisharm

Jan 4, 2022
Hello all, Pls how do I send additional doc for my H&C online application? I tried the IRCC webform but the only option for type of application was for “ Express Entry” and because of that, it’s not accepting my UCI number. I don’t also have an application number yet for my H&C. Thanks
You can call and ask your application number to agent. I did the same.

MPMG

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
Hey good morning!

how long after decision made we get email for the pr portal to up load the photo?

thanks
Blessed week for all of us!