+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Guys، today IRCC refunded me the biometric fees ! Even if my child should according to their website give his biometric !
My lawyer said that I should just wait until they request it again.
Should I contact the officer who informed me that they will send me biometric fees ? Because I have his email and his phone number.
This is the letter :
This refers to your application for permanent residence from within Canada on humanitarian and
compassionate (H&C) grounds.
A public policy came into effect on September 10, 2020 which exempts foreign nationals from the
biometrics collection requirement if they have a pending or new application for permanent residence and
they previously provided biometrics within the last 10 years. A review of your application indicates that
you / you and your dependents are exempt from providing a new biometric enrolment in support of your
their application for permanent residence on humanitarian and compassionate grounds.
A refund in the amount of $225 has been initiated for the biometrics fee you submitted. This refund will
be issued in the near future to the person identified as the payer on the fee receipt.

The real amount is 170$, he corrected the number in his email @Bornlucky any help please ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Taweda

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
Guys، today IRCC refunded me the biometric fees ! Even if my child should according to their website give his biometric !
Should I contact the officer who informed me that they will send me biometric fees ? Because I have his email and his phone number.
This is the letter :
This refers to your application for permanent residence from within Canada on humanitarian and
A public policy came into effect on September 10, 2020 which exempts foreign nationals from the
biometrics collection requirement if they have a pending or new application for permanent residence and
they previously provided biometrics within the last 10 years. A review of your application indicates that
you / you and your dependents are exempt from providing a new biometric enrolment in support of your
their application for permanent residence on humanitarian and compassionate grounds.
A refund in the amount of $225 has been initiated for the biometrics fee you submitted. This refund will
be issued in the near future to the person identified as the payer on the fee receipt.

The real amount is 170$, he corrected the number in his email
I had a refund for my son too as he already had it when he renewed his study permit. So, the refund letter was attached with the biometric request.

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
I had a refund for my son too as he already had it when he renewed his study permit. So, the refund letter was attached with the biometric request.
Do you mean you already paid biometric fees for him for his study permit application?
Does he gives his biometric during the process of his study permit application? Of when you applied for pr ?

Reactions: Taweda

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
This is the letter :

The real amount is 170$, he corrected the number in his email @Bornlucky any help please ?
Hi, I'd be happy to help, if I could - but I can't really. Biometrics, fees and when they ask for this versus that were never a part of my daily sphere way back when I held a greater familiarity.

Were I you, I'd either send a brief e-mail asking for clarity but more likely I would simply do what they've said in writing and add that to the file I'd create to mirror the one that they have built upon my submissions.

If a person is concerned about saving some time I don't see where this adds or subtracts to the overall process.

Reactions: wello711

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
Do you mean you already paid biometric fees for him for his study permit application?
Does he gives his biometric during the process of his study permit application? Of when you applied for pr ?
Yes, before applying for H&C he has to renew his study permit. So IRCC asked him for the biometric and he did it. When we applied for H&C we paid the biometric fee in advance. Then, when we received AOR they sent us the refund because his biometric was still valid

Last edited:
Reactions: wello711

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is the letter :

It says that you are exempt because you already provided biometrics with your first HC application. If this is error, you can respond to agent that you have not previously provided biometrics.

maurmore13

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
I applied H&R still waiting
I am sorry for posting this question here.... but I trust your knowledge in this forum. My WP expired sep 2020 before it happens I filed a new study permit to keep my status legal here in Canada! The New study permit and work permit got approved Oct 2022.
I submit this new permits to CRA asking for CCB. The CCB payment i received today is not retroactive through the time I was on implied status.
How can I claim this CCB payments? Any link to support your information would be helpful

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
It says that you are exempt because you already provided biometrics with your first HC application. If this is error, you can respond to agent that you have not previously provided biometrics.
I contacted the officer today by email, he sent me biometric instructions for my son, I reserved an appointment for next week