+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

labibfares

May 5, 2019
Asking for a family member :
I have sponsored my sister application for study permit . She arrived to Canada with her family few months ago ( currently studing english level one ) . She has 3 children ( one of them is one month old baby born in Canada . I am supporting her and her family from A to Z. Her husband has visitor visa so can not work. he applied for open work and got denied.
Now they are thinking to apply for PR through H&C ( they have university degree and experience from back home but their english is very poor and would not meet requirment for express entry )
They are from Libya

Would be they approved for H& C based on :
1- Best interest of child
2- hardship given the bad stiuation in Libya ( no security , increase crime , no basic services including ( elegtricity , health, school, waiting for hours in front of banks to get limited amount of your money ) etc
3- family connection to Canada ( they are the only one were still in Libya , all my other family members are in Canada )
4- I am worry that given husband is not working is not good point but I think he would be eligible to apply for open work permit once get letter AOR of the H& C application, and then we can update immigration
5- They will not get any social assistance and I will support then till they get jobs.

Thanks for help

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
Hello Family,

Just got the news now that I got approved for my AIP H&C this is my 2nd application. Establishment and best interest of children. I want to say a big thank you to everyone in this group for there support and encouragement @Katayoon @Ayanna @Aubrey042878 @Indianna @grahs1994 and everyone that I can't rememeber.

Thank you all
Can please share your timeline

Reactions: Teddy2020

tony4454

Nov 20, 2020

Indianna

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Hello Family,

Just got the news now that I got approved for my AIP H&C this is my 2nd application. Establishment and best interest of children. I want to say a big thank you to everyone in this group for there support and encouragement @Katayoon @Ayanna @Aubrey042878 @Indianna @grahs1994 and everyone that I can't rememeber.

Thank you all
Congrats @Teddy2020 so proud of you . What’s for you will always be for you . Well deserved ✊✊

Reactions: Teddy2020

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asking for a family member :
I have sponsored my sister application for study permit . She arrived to Canada with her family few months ago ( currently studing english level one ) . She has 3 children ( one of them is one month old baby born in Canada . I am supporting her and her family from A to Z. Her husband has visitor visa so can not work. he applied for open work and got denied.
Now they are thinking to apply for PR through H&C ( they have university degree and experience from back home but their english is very poor and would not meet requirment for express entry )
They are from Libya

Would be they approved for H& C based on :
1- Best interest of child
2- hardship given the bad stiuation in Libya ( no security , increase crime , no basic services including ( elegtricity , health, school, waiting for hours in front of banks to get limited amount of your money ) etc
3- family connection to Canada ( they are the only one were still in Libya , all my other family members are in Canada )
4- I am worry that given husband is not working is not good point but I think he would be eligible to apply for open work permit once get letter AOR of the H& C application, and then we can update immigration
5- They will not get any social assistance and I will support then till they get jobs.

Thanks for help
Your sister has some HC arguments in her favor but we don't know whether the agent who will end up handling your file will approve it or not. These cases are very subjective. She can apply now and in the meantime keep gathering additional arguments like ties to community, employment etc.
Her file will have to focus on inadequate conditions for the Canadian baby in Libya if he is removed from Canada as well as how separation will negatively affect all family members. Canadian family members will have to write a detailed and emotional letter of support if they can.

Reactions: wello711 and Taweda

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
Hello Family,

Thank you all
Congrats
Could you please share with us why first application got refused and it’s time line.