+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

suadae

Feb 15, 2022
Hlo everyone, I applied for H&C in june 2022. I got AOR in july. Medical and fingerprint submitted. Nothing after. Anyone have idea how long my PR gonna take? I’m so worried.
Hello. This post is a reply to everyone who submitted H&C in late 2021 or 2022.
First of all, the H&C average processing time is now 27 months for all applications, excluding the applicants from Ukraine or Afghanistan which are prioritized and/or its your second or third etc application or a reconsideration case, which to my experience by reading the comments here and knowing some of the members turns out be the case. Not saying that certain applications can't be processed faster or earlier than the average processing time if you're lucky or an exceptional case. This info is available to everyone through IRCC links and resources.

The point being, there are applicants who applied in as early as 2020 and are still waiting for their decisions. Expecting a decision within 6 months of your first application is unrealistic, at least to me, but I understand the stress and impatience and we're all here to help and ease the stress while waiting, but it's something to be dealt with while waiting for the decision when the timelines are clearly given.

I'd also like to know from OP about the medical? Were you asked for a medical upon AOR or did you have a medical done recently that was accepted? Asking for fingerprints is a standard procedure by IRCC anyways before even going into process in most cases, unless you had done fingerprints in the last 10 years, which was in my case.

My timeline for reference:
AOR - MAY 2022.
IN PROCESS - SEPT 2022.
Nothing after that and I'm patiently waiting for the next stage or decision.
Applied for GCMS notes last month and still waiting for the results.

I hope and pray that everyone here gets a positive decision while waiting, including me, but patience and keeping yourself in line with the current processing times would be the only realistic and optimistic way going forward. Stress and impatience will only add to your problems and well being. Just stay positive :)

tsam

Dec 27, 2022
First of all, the H&C average processing time is now 27 months for all applications, excluding the applicants from Ukraine or Afghanistan which are prioritized and/or its your second or third etc application or a reconsideration case, which to my experience by reading the comments here and knowing some of the members turns out be the case. Not saying that certain applications can't be processed faster or earlier than the average processing time if you're lucky or an exceptional case. This info is available to everyone through IRCC links and resources.

The point being, there are applicants who applied in as early as 2020 and are still waiting for their decisions. Expecting a decision within 6 months of your first application is unrealistic, at least to me, but I understand the stress and impatience and we're all here to help and ease the stress while waiting, but it's something to be dealt with while waiting for the decision when the timelines are clearly given.

I'd also like to know from OP about the medical? Were you asked for a medical upon AOR or did you have a medical done recently that was accepted? Asking for fingerprints is a standard procedure by IRCC anyways before even going into process in most cases, unless you had done fingerprints in the last 10 years, which was in my case.

AOR - MAY 2022.
IN PROCESS - SEPT 2022.

I hope and pray that everyone here gets a positive decision while waiting, including me, but patience and keeping yourself in line with the current processing times would be the only realistic and optimistic way going forward. Stress and impatience will only add to your problems and well being. Just stay positive :)
Hi @suadae what is GCMS and how can I apply for it?

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016

AOR - MAY 2022.
IN PROCESS - SEPT 2022.

With all being said, it’s too early for you to apply for GCMS though. Your application in process for just 3 months.
By doing so, you are increasing the backlog.

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other

AOR - MAY 2022.
IN PROCESS - SEPT 2022.

To be honest I have never seen in my experience in this forum and with all the lawyers I have spoken with and the immigrant community centers I have visited, h&c applications sent in 2020 or 2021 with a delay longer than 16 or 17 months (for stage 1) except in the case of @Muhammadtigerb
I strongly believe that the processing times displayed by IRCC are false and shouldn't be taken into account, (at least for certain types of applications like h&c ) they try to increase the number of months to be able to hide their incompetence and lack of professionalism.

suadae

Feb 15, 2022
With all being said, it’s too early for you to apply for GCMS though. Your application in process for just 3 months.
By doing so, you are increasing the backlog.
And with that being said, I rely on options and resources provided and I use them to my advantage. And I'm aware of my 3 months into process and applying for GCMS notes because the backlog of GCMS itself is around 2-3 months, by the time my GCMS are processed, I could be getting the most up to date notes, or no notes at all, but it's a me problem and I can live with that.
However as to your concern regarding backlog of GCMS slowing down application process is concerned, I think most if not all the members have or had applied for them at some point, so I see no problem there. Each applicant is free what they would and wouldn't want to do !
Good luck !

suadae

Feb 15, 2022
To be honest I have never seen in my experience in this forum and with all the lawyers I have spoken with and the immigrant community centers I have visited, h&c applications sent in 2020 or 2021 with a delay longer than 16 or 17 months (for stage 1) except in the case of @Muhammadtigerb
I strongly believe that the processing times displayed by IRCC are false and shouldn't be taken into account, (at least for certain types of applications like h&c ) they try to increase the number of months to be able to hide their incompetence and lack of professionalism.
I can agree or disagree with you on how competent or incompetent or lack of professionalism they are trying to hide by providing unreal processing times, but does it change the fact anything about it or if not take their timeline into account then what other timeline do you suggest to be followed? When you talk about stage 1 taking no more than 16 or 17 months, it doesn't change the fact the the entire process from start to end can and does take more than 20 months on average, and keeps increasing so we're not talking about stages here. Thanks
Good luck !

Julie julie

May 20, 2022
My lawyer applied for H&C on September 2022 and till now I didn't receive the AOR, but when I check on ECAS website online by UCI number, the status is received the application. Is this is normal, or I have to call immigration to ask about AOR number?

Reactions: Swagzzy

tony4454

Nov 20, 2020
My lawyer applied for H&C on September 2022 and till now I didn't receive the AOR, but when I check on ECAS website online by UCI number, the status is received the application. Is this is normal, or I have to call immigration to ask about AOR number?
Did your lawyer apply online or by paper?

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
AOR takes between one and three months. If you don’t get AOR by month end, I’ll advise you call IRCC. There is little or nothing your lawyer can do about this.

Reactions: Julie julie