+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

msingh113

Star Member
Jan 11, 2022
Hi there, i have been following this forum from one year.
I recently applied for H&C application in march 2022 it was online. it got refused on october 13, but i got to know yesterday about it.
My backgorund, i came in 2013 as a student, i finish my study and recived work permit, my work permit was finished and my agent applied for vistor record.
we got approved for vistor record till january 2019,In the mean time we also applied for lmia and got approved, instead of applying workpermit, he asked me to wait till the completion of visitor record and then apply lmia work permit, he said by doing this it will save us time for PR. He applied for work permit and officer refused my application by saying your are already out of your status after january 2019, he applied after the vistor record expired. After this whole situation i consulted an lawyer, and she figured it out that the agent has made mistake with my application. We applied for trp in march 2020, and i got rejected in this september saying you can apply from outside canada. We applied H&C in this february and got rejected last month, saying that they are not sufficient for you to be granted an exemption on humanitarian and compassionate grounds, therefore your appication is refused, you are no longer in valid status and you must leave canada immediately.
i am an store owner and currently employing 5-6 employees, and have a big financial loan on my head. please help me with the situation, i have trust in this forum.
Can you share your timelines please?

Rose2021

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
Hi ! I haven't been here in a while...wondering how long it takes to get answers from ECAS...I asked my representative in June...still waiting

We filed our case in January 2020, first stage was approved January 2021...medicals and the rest of info was received March 2021...we have no final decision yet...any ideas?
Same here

bosaty

Nov 14, 2022
Pleave house, my sister was refused study permit visa twice. Can she apply again? What is the implication of applying the third time? Or what can she do all together? Any hope of getting her application approved even with the payment of a committment fee to the school. Kindly help

lonesheep93

Star Member
Feb 21, 2022
Pleave house, my sister was refused study permit visa twice. Can she apply again? What is the implication of applying the third time? Or what can she do all together? Any hope of getting her application approved even with the payment of a committment fee to the school. Kindly help
yes she can but i would suggest to wait until she has gathered more supporting documents. what country are u from ? and what college did she apply?

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
I have a question people…my mom is here no papers. Her common lay partner going to sponsor her. Would it be a H&C case seen that she is out of status and has been here so long or spousal sponsorship

bosaty

Nov 14, 2022
Nigeria.
She applied to Cancollege in Vaughan
Reason for refusal are
1. I sm not satisfied that you will leave Canada st the end of your stay as contained in paragraoh R216 (1)(b)
2. You do not have significant family ties.
3. Your purpose of visiting canada is not consistence with a temporary stay
4. Your current employment status does not show you are financially established in your country.
5. You do not provide sufficient document to support your application.

So , these are the exceptions.

Please what can she do? Or is there a need to call for an assistance. She wanted to come with her 2 kids 5yrs and 3yrs old.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reason for refusal are
1. I sm not satisfied that you will leave Canada st the end of your stay as contained in paragraoh R216 (1)(b)
4. Your current employment status does not show you are financially established in your country.

Please what can she do? Or is there a need to call for an assistance. She wanted to come with her 2 kids 5yrs and 3yrs old.
You need to post your question in the International Students section of the forum.

Reactions: bella12

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reason for refusal are

FYI - The school she plans to attend in Canada is a private career college. Private colleges are very low ranked in Canada and there's a much higher chance of a study permit being refused with a private college. I would strongly recommend she switch to either a public college or public university. For other advice, you'll need to post in the International Students section of the forum.