+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

tony4454

Nov 20, 2020
Hello everyone, pls is there anyone here who has done a reconsideration before, does anyone know how long it takes to get a response back for H&C reconsideration? I submitted a reconsideration letter 2 weeks ago alongside additional evidence via email but no response yet. I’m still showing decision made on ECAS which was my H&C denial but no update yet as with the reconsideration I submitted. Pls how does it work anyone gone through this process before? Thanks
The officer will send you a letter on your email to let u know if its approved or not. Dont know the timeline but i got my response in 3 weeks. You will get your answer in a week i guess

Jambol

Jun 24, 2021
Hello everyone, pls is there anyone here who has done a reconsideration before, does anyone know how long it takes to get a response back for H&C reconsideration? I submitted a reconsideration letter 2 weeks ago alongside additional evidence via email but no response yet. I’m still showing decision made on ECAS which was my H&C denial but no update yet as with the reconsideration I submitted. Pls how does it work anyone gone through this process before? Thanks
I have submitted my reconsideration since January 2022, no update yet so I have to send in new application. I will recommend you send in New application. So that CBSA will know you have new application inside. My advice.

bibbiee

Aug 15, 2022
Hi everyone... this is my first time posting here but after receiving wonderful news, wanted to share our timeline for those who have received AOR and processing since Jan 2022.
- received application aug 2021
- AOR oct 2021
- processing jan 2022
- aip today August 15 2022!
I wanted to say to everyone that is still waiting... keep faith, good news will come!
Hi again to everyone...heres an update. the wait has been tough and I haven't checked for a long time as no news from my lawyer recently, but I checked ecas just now and it has changed to decision made. Im praying its good news but can anyone confirm?

maurmore13

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
They will not test your son but his condition will be your additional HC factor because it is not in his best interest to send him to your home country where I presume healthcare is not "free". For non-Canadian, any medical condition that imposes burden on the system is a risk factor in immigration applications. Welcome to the world of double standards.
In other words ... it will help with my H&C application as additional factor (I stated as a factor in my application) as long as according to the medical test his condition is not too expensive for Canada?