+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Canny007

Star Member
Nov 4, 2021
Sorry to hear that. Since you are failed refugee claimant, you will not be offered PRRA which would buy you 12 months before deportation. When you go there, please go with all children and bring confirmation of receipt for your HC. Please remain calm and cooperative, but bring all your HC evidences and tell them that you have a very strong HC case and you are kindly requesting that they give you administrative deferral of deportation so that you can wait for Stage 1 HC in Canada. If you fall on nice officer, they will defer your removal as they did for my partner and when you get AIP you will no longer be under removal.
I believe you are eligible for PRRA as a failed refugee applicant. And this will only be given/offered at the officer’s discretion.

Reactions: Swagzzy

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe you are eligible for PRRA as a failed refugee applicant. And this will only be given/offered at the officer’s discretion.
A Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) officer tells you if you’re eligible. They only check to see if you’re eligible afterthey start the removal process. They also check to see if the 12-month waiting period applies to you.

In most cases, a 12-month waiting period applies if

• you abandon or withdraw your refugee claim, or the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) rejects it
  • you abandon or withdraw another PRRA application, or we refuse it
  • the Federal Court refuses your attempt to have your refugee claim or PRRA decision reviewed
If the 12-month waiting period applies, you won’t be eligible to submit a PRRA application until the waiting period is over.

Canny007

Star Member
Nov 4, 2021
Just re-read your initial story. PRRA won’t be offered at this time… Until 1 year of refusal, which is like June of 2023. Keep faith and continue being positive till all will be fine. Good luck.

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
I was going to say this too.
So Medicals for inland PR and TR applicants has been waived. This was announced last week I think.
Can you provide a source directly from IRCC that attests to your claim AND does apply to h and c applicants that receive AIP ?..... .I received a copy of the medical letter from IRCC 2 days ago instructing me to have my medical done within 30 days

Am here thinking if your claim is true, why would IRCC send me a medical letter to have my medical done after I receive AIP, or did I misread your post?

Last edited:

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
Can you provide a source directly from IRCC that attests to your claim AND does it also h and c applicants that receive AIP ?..... .I received a copy of the medical letter from IRCC 2 days ago instructing me to have my medical done within 30 days

Am here thinking if your claim is true, why would IRCC send me a medical letter to have my medical done after I receive AIP or did I misread your post?
It’s true but it does not apply to us that already have AIP. As I ask a CIC agent Thursday for a friend.

aframehr

Nov 16, 2021
Hi everyone,
Any body knows how much it would cost to do the medical exam? And how long it would take to get the result?

Thanks

Love101

Feb 8, 2022
Can you provide a source directly from IRCC that attests to your claim AND does apply to h and c applicants that receive AIP ?..... .I received a copy of the medical letter from IRCC 2 days ago instructing me to have my medical done within 30 days

Am here thinking if your claim is true, why would IRCC send me a medical letter to have my medical done after I receive AIP, or did I misread your post?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/09/a-stronger-immigration-system-that-better-serves-newcomers.html

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

This rule about medicals to be waived has not come into effect yet. The minister said "in the coming weeks" but no specific date been given. Until then, you have to follow medical instructions provided by IRCC. As any other rule from IRCC, it will take time until it is implemented to clear all the bureacratic hurdles.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
For H&C applications the medical may not be waived especially because cost of medical care is one of the factors that decides whether H&C is approved or not. For example in cases of family sponsorship the cost of care is not an issue only whether someone has an infectious disease that is a concern to Canada. It makes much more sense to waive the medicals for inland applications in this case. We will need to wait for specifics.

Love101

Feb 8, 2022
For H&C applications the medical may not be waived especially because cost of medical care is one of the factors that decides whether H&C is approved or not. For example in cases of family sponsorship the cost of care is not an issue only whether someone has an infectious disease that is a concern to Canada. It makes much more sense to waive the medicals for inland applications in this case. We will need to wait for specifics.
I wouldn't want to make that assumption until a press release says oyherwise.

This news release clearly says in Canada PR / TR applicants. This was once done during the pandemic and it was for all PR applicants.