+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

surutohlere

Sep 10, 2022
Good morning Guys,
I have been reading this forum as an inactive user for a while and I want to thank everyone for sharing their experiences and helping other people out. I appreciate people with more experience that have been guiding others. I will like to share my case and I also need some advice as I am a bit nervous.
I am a failed refugee claimant from Nigeria,
My refugee claim was denied last year july and my federal appeal was dismissed in February 2022. It was initially granted but got dismissed at court.
I applied for H&C in November 2021 best interest of child as I have 3 kids 2-10years old. I haven't heard anything from H&C asides confirmation of receipt since December 2021.
Last week I jst got a mail from CBSA for my first removal order interview which is getting me stressed out. Can someone advice what to expect from the interview ( questions or anything that can help keep my mind calm ) ? I have been in Canada almost 4 years now.

Jambol

Star Member
Jun 24, 2021
Good morning Guys,
I have been reading this forum as an inactive user for a while and I want to thank everyone for sharing their experiences and helping other people out. I appreciate people with more experience that have been guiding others. I will like to share my case and I also need some advice as I am a bit nervous.
My refugee claim was denied last year july and my federal appeal was dismissed in February 2022. It was initially granted but got dismissed at court.
I applied for H&C in November 2021 best interest of child as I have 3 kids 2-10years old. I haven't heard anything from H&C asides confirmation of receipt since December 2021.
Last week I jst got a mail from CBSA for my first removal order interview which is getting me stressed out. Can someone advice what to expect from the interview ( questions or anything that can help keep my mind calm ) ? I have been in Canada almost 4 years now.
Sorry about your case, the interview is how to prepare your ticket, they will ask you if you want to buy it yourself or you want the government to buy it for you, also when they ask you if you will go whenever your ticket date is, please tell them you will. If you tell them you will not they arrest you and you won't have any opportunity to fight the case. My own opinion. Goodluck.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good morning Guys,
Sorry to hear that. Since you are failed refugee claimant, you will not be offered PRRA which would buy you 12 months before deportation. When you go there, please go with all children and bring confirmation of receipt for your HC. Please remain calm and cooperative, but bring all your HC evidences and tell them that you have a very strong HC case and you are kindly requesting that they give you administrative deferral of deportation so that you can wait for Stage 1 HC in Canada. If you fall on nice officer, they will defer your removal as they did for my partner and when you get AIP you will no longer be under removal.