+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Luna4love

Sep 7, 2022
Hi all, I have been watching this forum from a distance and I find everything you all post very insightful. My h and c was rejected and I am putting in for consideration. I plan on doing this myself because I have seen a lot of people do the same on here.

• Sad
Reactions: lonesheep93

eduardlh

Mar 29, 2021
Hello all!
Did any of you get GMSC note recently? I asked them on July 5th, and still waiting. Is it normal more than 40 business days?

msingh113

Star Member
Jan 11, 2022
Hello folks hope you doing well i want to know if someone in similar situation and help me guide what is good for me at this moment my h&c file is still being in process today i had an interview with cbsa as i am convicted of dui offence they gave me deportation order and siezed my passport i am married to permanent resident my h&c file is submitted and still in process from 2 month . The cbsa officer said my file is in que as they hAvent started checking my eligibility yet . What would be my options would i go for judicial review or leave the country by my own and come back when i get AIP
My h&c arguments are family ties married to permanent resident
Hardship And unemployment back home as i have studied here in canada as an international student and had 3 years of pgwp

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello folks hope you doing well i want to know if someone in similar situation and help me guide what is good for me at this moment my h&c file is still being in process today i had an interview with cbsa as i am convicted of dui offence they gave me deportation order i am married to permanent resident my h&c file is submitted and still in process from 2 month . The cbsa officer said my file is in que as they hAvent started checking my eligibility yet . What would be my options would i go for judicial review or leave the country by my own and come back when i get AIP
Hardship And unemployment back home as i have studied here in canada as an international student and had 3 years of pgwp
Are you working with a good lawyer? Please get a good lawyer. The two DUIs make your situation quite complicated and means you are inadmissible to Canada due to criminality.

msingh113

Star Member
Jan 11, 2022
Are you working with a good lawyer? Please get a good lawyer. The two DUIs make your situation quite complicated and means you are inadmissible to Canada due to criminality.
I only have one dui offence which is refusal to blew for breath sample

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I only have one dui offence which is refusal to blew for breath sample
Sorry! My mistake. I would still consider getting a consult with a lawyer. Good luck!

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello folks hope you doing well i want to know if someone in similar situation and help me guide what is good for me at this moment my h&c file is still being in process today i had an interview with cbsa as i am convicted of dui offence they gave me deportation order and siezed my passport i am married to permanent resident my h&c file is submitted and still in process from 2 month . The cbsa officer said my file is in que as they hAvent started checking my eligibility yet . What would be my options would i go for judicial review or leave the country by my own and come back when i get AIP
Unless you are failed refugee claimant within past 12 months, you are still eligible for PRRA before deportation. So please continue reporting to CbSA per your appointments and hopefully they will offer you PRRA which will delay your deportation by 6-12 month. You should hear back on Stage 1 HC by then. In your HC, did you seek exemption from criminality?

msingh113

Star Member
Jan 11, 2022
Unless you are failed refugee claimant within past 12 months, you are still eligible for PRRA before deportation. So please continue reporting to CbSA per your appointments and hopefully they will offer you PRRA which will delay your deportation by 6-12 month. You should hear back on Stage 1 HC by then. In your HC, did you seek exemption from criminality?
Yes katayoon i have requested for excemption in it hope i get good results but they didnt mention that i have to come for further appointments

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes katayoon i have requested for excemption in it hope i get good results but they didnt mention that i have to come for further appointments
OK you have to wait for further instructions from them. Since you have PR spouse, they may show some compassion and offer you PRRA or weekly reporting or administrative deferral of deportation. Keep faith.

Reactions: Swagzzy

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
No it is not considered criminal offence
I am just giving you advise. It’s up to you to continue. Wish you no harm. I have a close family that works for them. And this is a criminal offence. If you read the paper work you were given to sign you will see it there too. If you owe them over 10,000. It’s a criminal charge… so it’s up to you on taking my advise. As well as you can just continue. Just looking out for your best interest.

Reactions: Katayoon