Congratulations
Are you failed refugee ?
What country you’re from?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you give me please the steps you followed to file an application for judicial review ?
Your Lawyer needs to write a memorandum of about 3-6 pages with arguments demonstrating that the agent erred in their judgment. This needs to be done within 15 days from refusal. If the judge accepts it, you will proceed to Stage 2 which is actual court hearing. It may take up to year or more to pass Stage 1 and the rate of success is about 20% just for stage 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: wello711

Waiting2020

Star Member
Jun 16, 2022
Hello I recently received a deportation order from IRCC office stating that I should update them with tickets voluntarily, tha catch is what should I do next I was planning to go to cbsa office voluntary to get explain my case and request for defferal and apply for prra the apply for 2nd H&C the deportation letter comes with my application for TRP& work permit from sept 2020

Waiting2020

Star Member
Jun 16, 2022
Or do I need to apply for H&C first before going to cbsa for defferal any one who is on the same boat please answer. I am here in canada for 9 years, I have been out of status due to some error in the application I have 2 canadian kids and 3 blended kids :(

Waiting2020

Star Member
Jun 16, 2022
Hey guys it’s done and dusted
application received March 1st 2021
AIP August 12th 2021
ARC September 21st 2021
Portal Email for information August 29th 2022
Portal email for passport August 31st
ECOPR September 1st 2022

Praying for you guys ❤
Did you apply by paper or online? Thank you

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Or do I need to apply for H&C first before going to cbsa for defferal any one who is on the same boat please answer. I am here in canada for 9 years, I have been out of status due to some error in the application I have 2 canadian kids and 3 blended kids :(
You do not need to apply for HC before going but it will help if you have an HC application in process. Anyway, even if you apply now you will not get AOR immediately so just go to your appointment and don't rush application just for sake of it. You can explain there that you have strong HC factors and you hope they can defer your removal so that you can apply. Hope for the best. Go with all your children, if you can.

Waiting2020

Star Member
Jun 16, 2022
You do not need to apply for HC before going but it will help if you have an HC application in process. Anyway, even if you apply now you will not get AOR immediately so just go to your appointment and don't rush application just for sake of it. You can explain there that you have strong HC factors and you hope they can defer your removal so that you can apply. Hope for the best. Go with all your children, if you can.
Thank you I have not yet have any appointment with cbsa I just have a departure order from IRCC and I am thinking to move forward in going to cbsa office to file for defferal. One more question if defferal is granted would you be able to apply for work permit?