+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

tstarhash

Star Member
Jul 31, 2022
Good morning ladies and gentlemen.

I am please to announce that my H &C application has been approved . It was approved on the 2nd of August. However, I accidentally saw the letter via email from IRCC this morning ( 4th of August). My application was approved in less than a year.

Please , bear with me because I am using my phone to type this message while reading my approval letter. Am far away from my laptop. I am overwhelmed with joy.

I need to submit all the documents they requested such as my passport, PR fees of 515 dollars and some few documents they requested. ( please note: I have not fully read the letter because I was filled with joy. The only paragraph that interest me is the section where they highlight that my application has been approved and I am exempted for not complying with the immigration Act ). I will read the the letter fully before the end of today.

One of the brightest member in this group( “kaytoon “ ) was the person who me advice about the exemption that address my case that I should use in my H&C application.One thing I notice in H&C applications is that you MUST ensure the the exemption you are seeking CORRECTLY address your case. If not, you application will be dismissed.

To those who are new in the group, I did my application by myself .My first H&C application was done my a lawyer and it was “REFUSED”. This is why I always try to caution some people who are quick to run into the hands of lawyers like they saviour of humanity. Majority are just interested in your money. If you are in doubt of my claim,At the end of your consultation with a lawyer, ask the lawyer “what is success rate of your case “. Just watch their body language and listen to the tone of their voice.Notice how sudden change. Keep in mind that at the beginning of your consultation with the lawyer, he or she will tell how they are and they have help people with similar case that was successful. The movement you ask them that question, they backtrack!

I wish I can show you the nature of job the lawyer in my 1st application. It is so bad that the immigration officer who refuse it confirm in my refusal letter that the lawyer did a bad job.

Believe me, H&C application is easy and simple provided you know how present your immigration story and have a good writing skills that makes it easy for an immigration officer to comprehend your immigration story and reasons beyond your control that made you overstayed your visa backed with “strong evidence”. This is important.

I will like to use this medium to thank all the top members of this group that has given me advise on how best present my second H&C application . I will like to recognize the Ayanna and kaytoon ( I hope I spelt the profile names right). These two guys have been the biggest and brightest when it comes to H&C . All of their advice has worked and that is what has lead to the approval of my h &c app.

Once I am less busy from work, I will like to give some the new members advice and how best to present your application. I will write about the use of lawyers. I always strongly recommend you do application yourself. You know your immigration story than the lawyer. Immigration officer is mostly interested in your immigration story. They don’t need you quoting law ( which is what most lawyers do ). You are wasting IRCC ‘time by doing so.

Once I have my laptop with me, I will write a long report sharing my experience with you guys and what how to present your application in such a way that will increase the success rate of your application.

In the mean time, y’all can ask me question and I will try my best to respond.

Take care
congrats you did a good job but i must say its your luck too.

Venezolano65

Jun 26, 2018

I am please to announce that my H &C application has been approved . It was approved on the 2nd of August. However, I accidentally saw the letter via email from IRCC this morning ( 4th of August). My application was approved in less than a year.

Please , bear with me because I am using my phone to type this message while reading my approval letter. Am far away from my laptop. I am overwhelmed with joy.

I need to submit all the documents they requested such as my passport, PR fees of 515 dollars and some few documents they requested. ( please note: I have not fully read the letter because I was filled with joy. The only paragraph that interest me is the section where they highlight that my application has been approved and I am exempted for not complying with the immigration Act ). I will read the the letter fully before the end of today.

One of the brightest member in this group( “kaytoon “ ) was the person who me advice about the exemption that address my case that I should use in my H&C application.One thing I notice in H&C applications is that you MUST ensure the the exemption you are seeking CORRECTLY address your case. If not, you application will be dismissed.

To those who are new in the group, I did my application by myself .My first H&C application was done my a lawyer and it was “REFUSED”. This is why I always try to caution some people who are quick to run into the hands of lawyers like they saviour of humanity. Majority are just interested in your money. If you are in doubt of my claim,At the end of your consultation with a lawyer, ask the lawyer “what is success rate of your case “. Just watch their body language and listen to the tone of their voice.Notice how sudden change. Keep in mind that at the beginning of your consultation with the lawyer, he or she will tell how they are and they have help people with similar case that was successful. The movement you ask them that question, they backtrack!

I wish I can show you the nature of job the lawyer in my 1st application. It is so bad that the immigration officer who refuse it confirm in my refusal letter that the lawyer did a bad job.

Believe me, H&C application is easy and simple provided you know how present your immigration story and have a good writing skills that makes it easy for an immigration officer to comprehend your immigration story and reasons beyond your control that made you overstayed your visa backed with “strong evidence”. This is important.

I will like to use this medium to thank all the top members of this group that has given me advise on how best present my second H&C application . I will like to recognize the Ayanna and kaytoon ( I hope I spelt the profile names right). These two guys have been the biggest and brightest when it comes to H&C . All of their advice has worked and that is what has lead to the approval of my h &c app.

Once I am less busy from work, I will like to give some the new members advice and how best to present your application. I will write about the use of lawyers. I always strongly recommend you do application yourself. You know your immigration story than the lawyer. Immigration officer is mostly interested in your immigration story. They don’t need you quoting law ( which is what most lawyers do ). You are wasting IRCC ‘time by doing so.

Once I have my laptop with me, I will write a long report sharing my experience with you guys and what how to present your application in such a way that will increase the success rate of your application.

Take care

Take care
Congrats! Good to know this! I would like to know about how to present the application under HC I am at this moment with this process, you can share to my email: carlosmannsbach79@gmail.com Thanks

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other

Take care
@bella12 Congrats !!! Futur4 canadian !

Reactions: bella12

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Is our Immigration story equally important in H AND C APPLICATION. Please guide how to go about it.
That's a good question. I apologize for the late response to your question. I have been at work all day and night.

Yes, adding your immigration story in your H&C application is very important. As matter of fact, It is one of "CORE" component of a H&C.
This was one of the biggest mistake my lawyer made in my first h&c application. If you read reasons the IRCC officer gave in the my refusal letter, It is evident that she has limited understanding about my circumstance and what lead to me overstaying my visa. Also, there are some things the officer did not know about my case because the answers the lawyer wrote did not give a "well detail information" about me. This could have easily been address in a immigratory if my lawyer have written one. Lot of lawyer avoid writing and including immigration in their client h&c to save time and cut corners. so that they complete your application in less time and claim they have done their job. All they want is your money. They less if your application is approved or not. Remember that whether your application is approved or not, they have NOTHING to loose. they will still get their money from you. It is YOU the client that will loose.

Some lawyers like to quote stupid immigration law to argue his point. This another big mistake a lot lawyer make. However , there are certain area where it is understandable using the immigration law to prove your point but do NOT use "excessively". It makes you look like an "entitled person" in the eyes of an officer. Keep in mind that you at their mercy. So, you need present your points in a way that exbibit " humbleness "

The purpose of including immigration story in your application is that it make it easy for an IRCC officer to know you personally, your immigration history, and the story behind the circumstance(s) beyond your control; that made you overstay your visa and reason you wanting to remain PERNAMENTLY in Canada. Anything write in your immigration story, always back it with documentary evidence.

Please Note: It is not necessary to write an immigration story. However, I strongly recommend it iof you are doing your application yourself

Another reason why writing your immigration story is important is that it gives the IRCC an excellent snap shot about your case and circumstance. This automatically makes it EXTREMELY easy for you to address all the questions in the SUPPLEMRMTARY FORM for your h&c application. Also, when the IRCC is reading all your answers to each question in the form, It also makes it easy for the IRCC officer to comprehend all your answer since it has been address in your immigration story backed with strong evidence that leaves room for no doubt........

Now, can you see how your immigration story by default align and address the questions in the supplementary form ? This means you don't need to write too much when answering each questions. For example, there is question that is ask on how you financially supporting yourself. ( Please, see the immigration story I wrote below).... it will give the officer a snap shot of my case. It becomes easy to answer the question. For example,

"After the passing of my parent, My best friend ( enter name) in Canada allow me to stay at his place for free. He has been supporting financially since the loss of my parent pending the time IRCC approves my application my h&c application and authorize me to work in Canada( Please, see letter from my best friend and copy of his tenancy agreement on page 13)."........

You can also say you have been getting financial support from your church. Make sure you back the claim up with a letter of the pastor from that church .

I hope my explanation above make sense to you ?

Please, always put yourself in the position of an IRCC officer when writing an immigration story. Remember that you will not be there when an officer is working on your application. It is what you have written and evidence submitted is what an officer will use to make a decision. This means you have to make your application self-explanatory . Don't leave room for confusion or doubt

One of the BIGGEST mistake I see lot of people make is going straight to answering all questions in the SUPPLEMENTARY FORM. Often times, if your explanation is not detailed enough or you did not present your answer clearly or in a well organize format, it can create all kind of confusion for the IRCC officer and also LEAVE ROOM FOR DOUBT(S) in the answers you provided.

Keep in mind that IRCC officers are usually under pressure. They have lot of h&c applications to work on. They don't have too much time spending on just only one application. Making it difficult to comprehend your answers will add to their stress and can lead to an officer to refusing your application even if your case have a strong merit. He or she might not even go through everything you submit before they dismiss your application.

A perfect example is when a professor ask you to go write an essay. Your essay and format is not well organize, too many spelling mistake, grammer error and weak presentation of arguments etc. Th professor will not even bother to finish reading your essay. He or she will have a bias mindset that your essay is weak . This will result in the professor awarding you a low grade. That is similar to how some IRCC officers work on h&c applications.

For the above reason, It is very important you give someone to always proof-checked everything you have written in your immigration story and h&C application. Let it be proof checked for any mistake. I always recommend you use someone that is not your close friend to proof check to eliminate any form of bias(just my opinion). Friends might not be open to you enough or be blunt when they notice mistakes in order not to hurt your feelings. When a stranger proof check it for you he or he ill be very blunt and will be willing to tell you the truth where they feel does not make sense in our immigration story...

That is exactly what I did. the first immigration story i wrote, I gave a copy to one of my neighbor to help me proof check. When he was reading it, he notice lot mistakes and some things that i wrote that the explanation was confusing or not too clear enough. Some paragraphs also look like I was exaggerating some claims. I keep correcting all the mistakes noted it until it looks perfect !

Below is an example of a immigration story.........

RE : Name : John Alex , DOB 13,JULY 1923, UCI number : 566777 , h&c number: 678899

Paragraph 1: My name john Alex. I am a citizen of xxxxxx. I am currently 18 years old. I came to Canada on 23 july1945 as an international student with a valid visa. (Please, see a copy of my travel and study permit on page 1 and a copy of my international passport on page 2) .

Paragraph 2: My parent (Mr and Mrs Alex) are the primary sponsor of my university education in Canada and all living expenses.( Please, see evidence in affidavit letter of sponsorship from my parent on Page 3). I am the only child of my parent ( I urge IRRC officer to check the veracity of this information on their system. This information was verified by the Canadian embassy in my home country before I was approved my student visa)

Paragraph 2: When I arrive Canada, I started my study with University of British Columbia(UBC) as a FULL TIME STUDENT on the 5th of September (Fall semester) to study a 4 year degree in Computer Science.( Please see evidence of my university enrollment letter from UBC on page 4 and evidence of registration for courses on page 5)

Paragraph 3: My parent has been my primary financial sponsor for my university education and all my living expenses in Canada. ( Please, see evidence of receipt of wire transfer transactions for payment of my university fees from my parent in my home country on page 6).

Paragraph 4 : During my studies, I receive a sad news from my home country that my parent died in a car accident(Please, see picture of evidence of the accident on page 7). My parent were rush to the hospital where they eventually passed away from brain damage. ( Please, see evidence of my parent death certificate page 8 and pictures of funeral page 9 ).

Paragraph 5 : The loss of my parent took a toll of my health. I was depress and financially destitute. I reported this matter to my university and requested for permission to drop all my courses and take from time away from school( Please, see a copy of official letter from my school on page 10). I also regularly go to see therapist for my depression ( Please, see a evidence of letter and attendance from my therapist on page 11)

Paragraph 6: The passing away of my parent and being the only child lead to circumstance beyond my control that lead to me dropping out of school and overstaying my study permit. I am appealing IRCC to allow me to stay "permanently " in Canada because I have no family to go back to in my home country and the hardship I will face if ask to go home .

Lastly, I have constantly been seeing a therapist in Canada which has help improve my mental health. I have also develop a strong bond with my therapist. Health care in my home country is very expensive. I do not have the resources for it. Also, the quality of health care in my country is in poor condition.( Please, see an official letter from doctor in my home country on page 12). Remaining in Canada will also ensure that I able to get quality health for my depress. It is one of thing my therapist recommended( Please, see letter from my therapist on on page 11).

Last edited:

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Congrats! Good to know this! I would like to know about how to present the application under HC I am at this moment with this process, you can share to my email: carlosmannsbach79@gmail.com Thanks
You did not your indicate what you want to know about how to present h&c application. There so many things involve in h&c application. So, you have to be very specific with your question.

Last edited:
Reactions: Venezolano65

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Hi, I got AIP June 3, I’ve already submitted all requirements for 2nd stage, I’d like to have coPR asap lol, still waiting, congratulations for your AIP btw
[/QU

Do you mind me asking if you receive a a copy of medical request letter from IRCC at the same time you receive AIP ?.....If No, how soon did thry send you a copy and how did thery send it( via mail or email)

I ask because my h&c got approved August 2nd.. I receive the letter via email. In my AIP letter, IRCC wrote that they will mailing me my medical request letter soon. They also requested for some documents for the second stage of my application....So, I don't know how soon they will mail me a copy of my medical request letter. They gave me 30 days to send them all requested documents for second stage

tony4454

Nov 20, 2020
Hey buddy...Its been a while. Sorry I have been away from the forum for the past few weeks because of work....What's sup with your application? have you gotten a response from IRCC .
Hey congrats, all my documents done about to submit coming week.

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
You will need to send email to Niagara letting them know that you have not received medical forms.
Hi @Katayoon ,

How are you doing ? It been a while. Anyways, My application has been approved.

In my AIP letter which I receive via email from IRCC, They listed some documents I will need to email to niagra fall for stage 2 and also PR fees for 515 dollars. I was also told I will need to do medicals. I use to think medicals request letter will come at the SAME time with AIP. In my AIP letter, IRCC said they will send me a copy of my medical request letter my email.

I guess my question is :

1) Do you know how long or soon IRCC will email me the letter to go do my medicals request letter ? keep in mind that I am given 30 days to respond to all their request in my AIP letter.

2) What should I do if i don't receive the letter or if i don't receive it on time ? Would you recommend I email IRCC should in case I don't receive it ?

Looking forward to your response .

Thanks