+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Vetjiib

Mar 25, 2022
Hey everyone, i have a question,when you got approved for humanitarian and compassionate will be able to visit back home.

Teddy2020

Star Member
May 31, 2020
Hey everyone, i have a question,when you got approved for humanitarian and compassionate will be able to visit back home.
Hello, if you have applied for PRRA or Refugee claim in the past you might need to consult your lawyer before making that attempt. The CBSA on your return might give you issues at the end of the day was it worth the traveling.

Reactions: Vetjiib

Teddy2020

Star Member
May 31, 2020
Hey @Katayoon quick one if you call IRCC contact number and do not request to speak to an agent but you listen to the voice prompt and get your status of your application does it show on the system that you called in? Am sure of when you called in and speak to a live agent it is logged in.

Reactions: Katayoon

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey @Katayoon quick one if you call IRCC contact number and do not request to speak to an agent but you listen to the voice prompt and get your status of your application does it show on the system that you called in? Am sure of when you called in and speak to a live agent it is logged in.
No, self-service contacts do not show up in GCMS - neither ECAS log-ins nor phone. Call as much as you please :)

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, if you have applied for PRRA or Refugee claim in the past you might need to consult your lawyer before making that attempt. The CBSA on your return might give you issues at the end of the day was it worth the traveling.
If PRRA was refused, there will be no problems at all. It is when your PRRA is accepted and you become protected person that the issue arises. For basic HC, there is no problem at all for travel. My partner took off the day he got COPR and came back with no problems at all using his PR card that I sent him by DHL. No question at the border at all. Travel as much as you please :)

eduardlh

Mar 29, 2021
Hello everyone! Hope this new week brings good news for everybody.
I was checking the posts lately and I found some new info I didn't know, it is regarding of if you have a previous application. In my case is PRRA.

When we arrived couldn't apply for refugee instead the official gave us PRRA. Our country is on a list, we got exclusion order and departure order. Also, we have been informed that the departure order will be on hold because of the list. All well until here.

So, we are a family of 4, and the agent decided to allow our children go for the refugee path, and the parents PRRA path. (Don't ask me why, even my lawyer never saw this.). So, we went trough the process, and our daughter got the protected person status.

Here is my question: We applied H&C best interest of the child (as per lawyer recommendation). Do we must wait until PRRA get resolved? Or will H&C move forward in parallel?

Thanks for all the help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone! Hope this new week brings good news for everybody.
I was checking the posts lately and I found some new info I didn't know, it is regarding of if you have a previous application. In my case is PRRA.

When we arrived couldn't apply for refugee instead the official gave us PRRA. Our country is on a list, we got exclusion order and departure order. Also, we have been informed that the departure order will be on hold because of the list. All well until here.

So, we are a family of 4, and the agent decided to allow our children go for the refugee path, and the parents PRRA path. (Don't ask me why, even my lawyer never saw this.). So, we went trough the process, and our daughter got the protected person status.

Here is my question: We applied H&C best interest of the child (as per lawyer recommendation). Do we must wait until PRRA get resolved? Or will H&C move forward in parallel?

Thanks for all the help.
You can apply for H&C now. However to the best of my knowledge, your H&C application will be put on hold pending the outcome of PRRA.

Reactions: eduardlh

daughter

Star Member
Sep 17, 2021
Hey everyone I am please to inform everyone that I got AIP today. @Katayoon thank you so much. You help me alone the way writing my arguments. You told me not to give up. There are some others here that helped thank you
Am.happy for you darling , I repeat am so happy for you, God has answered your prayers finally , to God be the glory

Reactions: Swagzzy