+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Naz786

Oct 23, 2019
I think there’s no rules for processing file because someone people get AIP with in 18 months some people over 2 years no news. How they finalize file I don’t know?
It’s depends on officer ‍♀ and your file if your file is very thick it will take longer but if your file is sample with Legit proof of evidence you will get answer faster
Doesn’t matter how long it takeS as long it’s positive answer

Reactions: pream parajuli

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I hope so. I received a call from IRCC headquarters in the last week of May, and the agent said she'd talk to her manager if the processing can be expedited. Received another call a day later and was informed that it could take from 4 to 8 more weeks for them to reach a decision.

Canadian citizen here - arrived in the country as a teen - only child - father deceased in Canada when he's 47 - working in an engineering field - have a one year college certificate - 2 year college diploma - 3 year college diploma - a bachelors degree in engineering - a masters degree in engineering - all of these credentials are Canadian. Never been out of Canada ever since coming here as a teen.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Can't lose another parent now.
Isn’t the H&C for your mother not for you.

kial

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
My Time line :-
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 3, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 6, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 12, 2019.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on April 12, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received on May 2, 2019.
  6. AIP on JUN 27, 2019.
  7. DM on FEP 25, 2020
  8. You entered Canada at the Etobicoke IRCC office on May 7, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident.
Did they ask you for PR fees on the end?
congrats!

pream parajuli

Sep 18, 2018
It’s depends on officer ‍♀ and your file if your file is very thick it will take longer but if your file is sample with Legit proof of evidence you will get answer faster
Doesn’t matter how long it takeS as long it’s positive answer
yes Naz 786
Doesn’t matter how long it takeS as long it’s we have to get positive answer,

Reactions: Naz786

Naz786

Oct 23, 2019
Yep it’s depends on officer but if you don’t pay the fee they Will delay your application It’s better pay the fee faster It help process time[/QUOTE]

mrs_mc

May 14, 2020
My medical Background and pr fee came first all done I’m waiting on Aip now
I guess there’s really no specific processing structure, the email that I received from my mp when they did some inquiries kinda sounded like AIP comes first before medical and what not but I was on the impression that medical first before AIP. I’ll just really have to wait for their instructions. But seeing a lot of people here that’s getting correspondence from immigration, those aip and pr confirmation gives me hope That maybe, it’ll be soon for me or for all of us that are still in limbo

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Isn’t the H&C for your mother not for you.
Thanks for the input. Clearly it is not for me as I am a Canadian citizen.

I just put out a high level information for myself and not my mom's. It just goes to show the degree of establishment of an only child and around 12 years of continuous and reckonable residence in Canada (of an immediate family member) who arrived as a teenager, and is one of the factors that is evaluated during the application assessment phase.

The purpose of the post was not to outline all of the factors and supporting documentation. It was merely to compare the situation with someone else's who might have made an application of this type in the past.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the input. Clearly it is not for me as I am a Canadian citizen.

I just put out a high level information for myself and not my mom's. It just goes to show the degree of establishment of an only child and around 12 years of continuous and reckonable residence in Canada (of an immediate family member) who arrived as a teenager, and is one of the factors that is evaluated during the application assessment phase.

The purpose of the post was not to outline all of the factors and supporting documentation. It was merely to compare the situation with someone else's who might have made an application of this type in the past.
Also no guarantee that an adult child can have their lone parent get PR if the parent is able to care for themselves in their home country and has routes to sponsorship like PGP program.

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Also no guarantee that an adult child can have their lone parent get PR if the parent is able to care for themselves in their home country and has routes to sponsorship like PGP program.

Yes, I am aware of that.

Decisions made on H and C applications are made on discretionary basis and the decision is highly dependent on quality of the information that is included within the application.

No single case is similar so the level of inter dependency and no guarantees is not set in stone.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, I am aware of that.

Decisions made on H and C applications are made on discretionary basis and the decision is highly dependent on quality of the information that is included within the application.

No single case is similar so the level of inter dependency and no guarantees is not set in stone.
Unfortunately many feel that a single parent guarantees PR based on H&C and many attempt this when they can’t secure a spot through PGP. Claiming H&C then can make it very difficult to get a TRV or supervisa. People will often apply thinking there are zero repercussions if they try H&C.

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/421303/index.do