April 2019 - applied HC
July 2019 - applied PRRA to delay deportation
July 2020 - refused HC and PRRA
April 16, 2021 - reapplied HC
May 2021 - almost got deported but CBSA granted administrative deferral
May 5th, 2021 - AOR
May 7th, 2021 - Biometrics request
May 10th, 2021 - Biometrics done
May 18th, 2021 - AIP and request for police certificate, right of PR fee and financial docs

Waiting for medicals now.
Congratulations to You and your partner.
The lesson here is not to give up and HOPE that it will always get better.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi congrats !!!

Did CBSA came to your house in may 2021 ?
thank you!

no they did not come but my partner actually went to CBSA himself to get back his seized passport and travel back home urgently. This is when they said that either he should make deportation arrangements and possibly never come back to Canada, or request administrative deferral. So he got a deferral to wait for his HC decision.

Reactions: Fayamufi

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to You and your partner.
The lesson here is not to give up and HOPE that it will always get better.
thank you, SweetQueen! I strongly believed in his case and when his lawyer said it is pointless to reapply HC, we just cancelled them as representative and reapplied ourselves. This time it went to different office/agent and it worked!

Reactions: SweetQueen

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
thank you, SweetQueen! I strongly believed in his case and when his lawyer said it is pointless to reapply HC, we just cancelled them as representative and reapplied ourselves. This time it went to different office/agent and it worked!
Really inspiring. Nothing is impossible.

Reactions: Katayoon

Max019283

Star Member
Apr 25, 2021
Hello i have ongoing H&C application can I apply for refuge ? should i cancel my H&C then apply refuge ? please let me know can i apply refuge claim if i have ongoing h&C application?

Reactions: Ayanna

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question to friends about medical:

when my partner got AIP and request for additional docs, it said he is required to do medicals, but they did not attach the form for medicals. Is this normal procedure? By reading through posts, I see that people are getting med forms at the same time as request for other docs.

would appreciate any insights!

Reactions: Fayamufi

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020

when my partner got AIP and request for additional docs, it said he is required to do medicals, but they did not attach the form for medicals. Is this normal procedure? By reading through posts, I see that people are getting med forms at the same time as request for other docs.

Medical instruction and forms for My family arrived 2 days after AIP. Be patient it will arrive. My lawyer said some people receive after 1 week. It depends on the officer handling it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ayanna

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020

You need a medical form to do medical
You need to respond back to the same email he got and tell them he hasn’t receive medical form yet to do the medical otherwise it will Delay your process

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

How long has it been since you got the medical. It is fairly normal for different family members to receive medical requests on different days. If it has been over 2 weeks then there is likely an issue. If not just be patient the medical should arrive in the next few days.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You need a medical form to do medical
You need to respond back to the same email he got and tell them he hasn’t receive medical form yet to do the medical otherwise it will Delay your process
It is fairly normal to receive meficals on different days so unless it has been over 2 weeks there is really no need to contact IRCC and will only create extra confusion. Usually arrives in the next few days or even the next week.

Reactions: Naz786