+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
hi @bella12 did you change your law firm ?
I will be doing that soon. I had a 1 hr consultation with a new lawyer today. I plan to have another consultation with a third law firm tomorrow to seek a second opinion about my case. Then, I will review the solution of both lawyers, their background, success rate, etc. this will be a deciding factor for me to know which one of them I should pick.

Hopefully, before the end of this week, I will have made up my mind

Fayamufi

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Ontario
you can visit your home country without any problem even if you applied for assylum or PRRA before. you got your PR for humanitarian and compassionate grounds and not because you are a protectd person
Connected with your refugee application, you did mention about your hardship aswell right?
My cousin travels last year 2020 and came back 2020, at the airport office did asked him why, even officer told him first you people has life treating then you travel back to your home country.

Reactions: Ayanna

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Agree to disagree. Best interest of child is just a small percentage because there are many applicants who got refused even though they have a child or children. I also believe it has to deal with establishment in the country & also your community or even how well you argue your case with enough evidence. I think of it like a lottery but thats just my opinion
I did NOT disagree with you at all. I said " IT DEPENDS" ...

I also stress on the fact that those with kids or married to Canadians with kids or married to canadain have a HIGHER CHANCE of getting approve than someone is just single. My point here is that if an officer finds arguments such as establishment, hardship to be weak if you have a child or married to a Canadian or Canadians with kids, this last option will be your saving grace that will help cover up for the weakness in one's application. that is the crux of my point.

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
I did NOT disagree with you at all. I said " IT DEPENDS" ...

I also stress on the fact that those with kids or married to Canadians with kids or married to canadain have a HIGHER CHANCE of getting approve than someone is just single. My point here is that if an officer finds arguments such as establishment, hardship to be weak if you have a child or married to a Canadian or Canadians with kids, this last option will be your saving grace that will help cover up for the weakness in one's application. that is the crux of my point.
It’s not true My friend she has child still she got refusal but I know a lot of single guys got approval last year