H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

Thanks for your reply. My son has a disability and persons with disability designation from the ministry. He doesn't have income which is required for me to get super visa and he doesn't have income to sponsor me either. His medical condition is severe and he needs my assistance which the doctor is suggesting and approving.
Does his wife work? They could qualify for PGP based on her salary. Unfortunately I have a sneaking suspicion that with a 2 year old and a 6 months old she is also unemployed. They recently chose to have 2 very young children (2 and 6 months) so they must have been able to handle that on top of his illness given that you did not have PR and have no guarantee of being able to remain in Canada. You were likely not in Canada before she got pregnant with the 2nd child. A letter from a doctor does not guarantee your approval. If you are able to volunteer, etc. you are not his full-time caregiver. Have you secured health insurance for yourself since you are on a TRV? Given your age there is a high risk that Canada and your family would need to support the health needs of another individual on top of your son and perhaps his whole family if his wife is not employed. Your best chance of success is to show all the medical tasks you do that his wife is unable to do and will save the taxpayers money. It is unclear how disabled your son is but things like carrying your son, bathing your son, helping with cooking and cleaning, etc. Would be list of things you could include if your son needs help and why list things that his wife is unable to do so you have to do. You will also need to show how you will support yourself. Given that you never worked in Canada you will qualify for a very small amount from the government every month to live on. Creating another senior living in poverty is not going to benefit anyone. Your health will also factor into your approval. If there is a high likelihood your health may decline this creates more of a stress versus a help. I wish you the best but getting PR is not guaranteed.

anhcanada2702

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Hi thanks for your reply

What should be the wording or format of the reference letter and who should sign the letter ?

Please let me know

Thanks
Letters from church and places that you have been volunteering have their own form and words. Just ask them to put your name and date of birth correctly and describe what you have done to help them as specific as possible. More details would make the letter looks good.
And letters from friends don’t matter how they words it or forms they use as long as they showed the connection, friendship and love they have for you. That’s personalized I guess.
Some pictures would be helpful too. Thats what I did in my application.
Good luck,

RaiSaab108

Nov 3, 2019
Letters from church and places that you have been volunteering have their own form and words. Just ask them to put your name and date of birth correctly and describe what you have done to help them as specific as possible. More details would make the letter looks good.
And letters from friends don’t matter how they words it or forms they use as long as they showed the connection, friendship and love they have for you. That’s personalized I guess.
Some pictures would be helpful too. Thats what I did in my application.
Good luck,
Thanks a lot for your reply

RaiSaab108

Nov 3, 2019
Does his wife work? They could qualify for PGP based on her salary. Unfortunately I have a sneaking suspicion that with a 2 year old and a 6 months old she is also unemployed. They recently chose to have 2 very young children (2 and 6 months) so they must have been able to handle that on top of his illness given that you did not have PR and have no guarantee of being able to remain in Canada. You were likely not in Canada before she got pregnant with the 2nd child. A letter from a doctor does not guarantee your approval. If you are able to volunteer, etc. you are not his full-time caregiver. Have you secured health insurance for yourself since you are on a TRV? Given your age there is a high risk that Canada and your family would need to support the health needs of another individual on top of your son and perhaps his whole family if his wife is not employed. Your best chance of success is to show all the medical tasks you do that his wife is unable to do and will save the taxpayers money. It is unclear how disabled your son is but things like carrying your son, bathing your son, helping with cooking and cleaning, etc. Would be list of things you could include if your son needs help and why list things that his wife is unable to do so you have to do. You will also need to show how you will support yourself. Given that you never worked in Canada you will qualify for a very small amount from the government every month to live on. Creating another senior living in poverty is not going to benefit anyone. Your health will also factor into your approval. If there is a high likelihood your health may decline this creates more of a stress versus a help. I wish you the best but getting PR is not guaranteed.
Thanks for your reply

ddewan2

Nov 13, 2019
Hello,

I am very confused and am not getting proper answer anywhere
So my parents have applied for H&C and although we applied through a lawyer, even he does not seem to be sure of my questions
Timeline:
Applied: Aug 16, 2018
Application Received: Aug 19, 2018
Application status changed to In Process on 05 Nov 2019

Questions:
1. What is the next step and how much time its going to take more
2. Does it mean that my first stage is clear or approved?
3. can they apply for work permit and health card?

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hello,

So my parents have applied for H&C and although we applied through a lawyer, even he does not seem to be sure of my questions
Timeline:

Questions:
1. it is likely to be decided within a few months, but no one here can say definitely - an officer will be assigned to review and decide the application
2. no
3. no

Inland H&Cs take a long time, approval inland for both parents would be unusual but one ever knows, so good luck because you'll need it I believe

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Timeline:

Questions:
Not sure on what grounds you have applied for H&C for your parents but this is a risky route. As you can see parents do get denied. After being future visits will be much harder. Canada has a program to sponsor parents and only under very special circumstances will parents be approved for other reasons. The whole process of H&C takes around 3 years these days. When deciding to apply for H&C hopefully your lawyer went through the risks and likelihood of approval and the costs you will encounter while working especially because your parents will not have healthcare coverage for a long period of time even if they can get emergency coverage for everything except preexisting conditions.

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/421303/index.do

RASPAT

Oct 24, 2019
HI GROUP,
I APPLIED FOR H&C WITH MY FAMILY. THE APPLICATION RECEIVED FIRST WEEK OF FEB. 2019 AND STILL ON RECEIVED TILL THIS MOMENT. THE APPLICATION IS BASED ON CHILD'S INTEREST AND MEDICAL ISSUES. WE HAD TWO MEETING WITH CBSA IN THE LAST 2MONTHS, THEY AGREED TO BUY THE TICKET BY END OF THIS MONTH FOR ALL OF US. OUR LAWYER SAID WE MUST HAVE A DATE BEFORE TAKING ANY ACTION. WE BOTH WORKING ON A FULL TIME JOB EVEN WITH OUR HEALTH ISSUES. WE NEED YOUR ADVICE ON THIS. THANKS

Kashcal

Sep 24, 2019
Calgary Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Calgary
Med's Request
20-06-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
HI GROUP,
I APPLIED FOR H&C WITH MY FAMILY. THE APPLICATION RECEIVED FIRST WEEK OF FEB. 2019 AND STILL ON RECEIVED TILL THIS MOMENT. THE APPLICATION IS BASED ON CHILD'S INTEREST AND MEDICAL ISSUES. WE HAD TWO MEETING WITH CBSA IN THE LAST 2MONTHS, THEY AGREED TO BUY THE TICKET BY END OF THIS MONTH FOR ALL OF US. OUR LAWYER SAID WE MUST HAVE A DATE BEFORE TAKING ANY ACTION. WE BOTH WORKING ON A FULL TIME JOB EVEN WITH OUR HEALTH ISSUES. WE NEED YOUR ADVICE ON THIS. THANKS
Can you request the CBSA to stay the deportation order until a decision is made on your H&c application?
Or
If something changed in your circumstances, do you have option to apply for second PRRA?

Reactions: RaiSaab108

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is there any lawyer in this group ?
There are no lawyer here offering free advice. However if you want legal advice, you can certainly hire the lawyer who pays for this forum for a fee. Their contact information is in the top left hand corner of each web page.