+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

PositiveLIife08

Nov 11, 2020
Exactly, that's what I think too.
How come suddenly is able to go back to his_her home country while it was impossible with the refugee case.
It's a risk
Maybe because there is no more danger that deserve assylum !
also, if he had a case that required protection he would have received a positive decision but he had a refusal so the reasons of his assylum application does not deserve the protection of canada !
I'm not an expert but I don't see any misrepresentation ! he got his PR under another stream so he can travel to his country of origin without any problems

Reactions: attkhan and Me2020

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
also, if he had a case that required protection he would have received a positive decision but he had a refusal so the reasons of his assylum application does not deserve the protection of canada !
I'm not an expert but I don't see any misrepresentation ! he got his PR under another stream so he can travel to his country of origin without any problems
Yes @PositiveLIife08 but you know it wasn't an easy journey I'm sure. Just don't want anybody to risk all the efforts.
I'm talking on general.

Reactions: attkhan

PositiveLIife08

Nov 11, 2020
This question goes to the members who got their PR.
Were the days after getting AIP counted to get your citizenship?
Or the countdown started after your COPR?
with visitor, worker, student status, protected person, an AIP holder.. you can count half of the time spent in Canada (the max you can have is a year) in the calculation of citizenship
so if you spent in canada 2 years with one of these status you will have to spent 2 years of residence as a PR
(i don't have PR)

Reactions: attkhan and Me2020

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
with visitor, worker, student status, protected person, an AIP holder.. you can count half of the time spent in Canada (the max you can have is a year) in the calculation of citizenship
so if you spent in canada 2 years with one of these status you will have to spent 2 years of residence as a PR
(i don't have PR)
:) I know you don't and thank you for replying my question my friend

Reactions: PositiveLIife08

Kikybabe

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
ontario
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
h&c
Exactly, that's what I think too.
How come suddenly is able to go back to his_her home country while it was impossible with the refugee case.
It's a risk
I DISAGREE. I HAVE FRIENDS THAT GOT PR THRU H&C, AND THEY WENT HOME, NOTHING HAPPENED. FAILED REFUGEE IS A DIFFERENT APPLICATION, H&C IS A DIFFERENT APPLICATION.

Reactions: Tash02

attkhan

Nov 17, 2020
ICC sending this information with COPR
Convention Refugees: If you return to the country from which you claimed refugee status, you risk losing both your Convention Refugee status and your Permanent Resident status in Canada.

attkhan

Nov 17, 2020
ICC sending this information with COPR
Convention Refugees: If you return to the country from which you claimed refugee status, you risk losing both your Convention Refugee status and your Permanent Resident status in Canada.
what is the opinion on this information

MelJohn

Mar 16, 2020
That you don't return to your home country never again or you will lose your status. Receiving PR under Refugee status means that you should not return to home country by any means necessary

Reactions: Me2020

Melno48

Jan 9, 2021
I DISAGREE. I HAVE FRIENDS THAT GOT PR THRU H&C, AND THEY WENT HOME, NOTHING HAPPENED. FAILED REFUGEE IS A DIFFERENT APPLICATION, H&C IS A DIFFERENT APPLICATION.
I tried to send you questions about your case but you never wanted to answer!
I know it's your choice and it's your privacy, but it's ugly to just let the person wait without any explanation or a little message to show that you are uncomfortable talking about your case.
the problem is not because you don't want to give information about your situation because, as I said , it's your private life and i respeact that !
the problem is how you don't care about the person, you can just tell them that you're not very comfortable talking about your procedure and your file.
it's so simple

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
Seems like this person received PR as a Convention Refugee. They should not return to home country
Yes that I know for sure they can't but since yesterday there was a discussion here. If PR under H&C but applied for Refugee before and got rejected. Would that be the same case or not?
Some members here took this question personally I don't know why lol
We're here to care ans share:)

PositiveLIife08

Nov 11, 2020
That you don't return to your home country never again or you will lose your status. Receiving PR under Refugee status means that you should not return to home country by any means necessary
personally I have known people who had permanent residency through protection but they risked and traveled to their country of origin.
Some cases were very lucky but others had a lot of problems at the borders and there are people who have lost everything....

Reactions: Me2020 and Ayanna

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Yes that I know for sure they can't but since yesterday there was a discussion here. If PR under H&C but applied for Refugee before and got rejected. Would that be the same case or not?
Some members here took this question personally I don't know why lol
We're here to care ans share:)
That’s why I share my opinion and experiences so to help people here
Some members take it too personal

From thousand people one person get caught or go under the questions

I’m not here to offend anyone