+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Sa1289

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Hi, today i recieved the police clearence ... should i send it to immigration.. as they just asked me to give my fingerpeints to RCmp not submitting the the police clearence..

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
Hi, today i recieved the police clearence ... should i send it to immigration.. as they just asked me to give my fingerpeints to RCmp not submitting the the police clearence..
My lawyer always recommends to send requested documents only. You can consult your lawyer

Mhy0811

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
If you have 100 questions I don`t mind answering them :)
I was not allowed to work when I applied for WP/TRP, so was working on cash part time till I got WP. Never filled tax also
But once I got the WP/TRP I applied for SIN and got Alberta health care also, I might be lucky my wife got health care also same time (while she was still on visitor status)
Applied for CCB paper based also but still waiting for that, I cannot apply for that online because I never filled tax(so I was not eligible to apply online)
Hi, how'd you get work permit under TRP? Please enlighten me as I did applied TRP too.

Last edited:

Olayint

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
No one was Refugee one was H&C
did they both claim asylum together before separation? If yes, when the one that has AIP is sending second stage documents, additional family info and schedule A, let them include the other spouse as spouse , no longer separated with proofs like same address and bills and if possible pictures. If they were never actually separated, immigration will find out through background check, they go through social media . I wish your friend all the best, the journey might be tough but all we can do is pray and hope for the best

• Love
Reactions: TNtsima

PositiveLIife08

Nov 11, 2020
Hi, how'd you get work permit under TRP? Please enlighten me as di applied for TRP too.
I never applied for work permit/TRP but i know that considerations for TRP applications can be similar to h&c requests but those of h&c should be more important wich can be considered as humanitarian cases

Mhy0811

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
Y

Yes i know, i read his comment but the apparently the processing time was very long for his TRP. I tought that processing is about 3 or 4 months... @Mhy0811 your applications still in process ?
Yes, sent last month same date when my H and C was sent too, just dont have any idea lols....then he mention he got work permit/TRP. It just too hard to have no work, out of status and you have a baby

AAK2018

Dec 12, 2020
can you please update me on your Ccb I been trying since 2018. I been paying all my taxes every year.They always say I am not eligible.they say due to my status.
I have applied for CCB almost a month ago, the process may takes up to 11 weeks, I will keep you posted with the update

Reactions: M0527 and Ayanna

AAK2018

Dec 12, 2020
Y

Yes i know, i read his comment but the apparently the processing time was very long for his TRP. I tought that processing is about 3 or 4 months... @Mhy0811 your applications still in process ?
When I applied for WP/TRP back in February 2019 my lawyer told me it may take from 9 months to 1 year, but our application took almost 1 year and 7 months
At that time online it shows processing time for inside Canada WP/TRP around 4 or 5 months only

Reactions: PositiveLIife08

AAK2018

Dec 12, 2020
Hi, how'd you get work permit under TRP? Please enlighten me as I did applied TRP too.
I don`t understand your question, but still I will try to answer it:
We were in Canada on visitor visa
We went to the lawyer for consultation regarding our case(includes our child medical condition), they told us a way 1st of all any one of us can apply for open work permit
Then once we are financially stable to pay the H&C fee we can start that application too

So we applied for my work permit 1st, and for my wife visitor visa extension (her visitor visa was expiring in June 2019)
Then right after a month we applied for H&C in March 2019

As I explained earlier we both got our visas (WP/TRP and wife VISITOR VISA) approved in October 2020
We got AIP approved yesterday

Reactions: PositiveLIife08