+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Ad3y

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
I have a question for all of you - How are guys maintaining status in Canada while waiting for PR from H&C?
Processing time is almost 2 years.
I was offered PRRA before applying for H&C which gave me status until I received AIP. Some people have a TRP, others are reporting to CBSA monthly. It depends on your situation.

Reactions: imansoor

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I was offered PRRA before applying for H&C which gave me status until I received AIP. Some people have a TRP, others are reporting to CBSA monthly. It depends on your situation.
So under PRRA, CBSA and others, you can work full time while the application is getting proceed?
Have you taken any help from immigration lawyer?

Ad3y

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
So under PRRA, CBSA and others, you can work full time while the application is getting proceed?
Have you taken any help from immigration lawyer?
I had a lawyer put my application together, yes. You can work if your work permit is still valid. Under PRRA, you can renew or apply for a work permit with no issues. If reporting to CBSA, it might be trickier. Maybe others in that situation can advise on that.

Reactions: fagsey and imansoor

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Congratulations ! it was a long wait...
May i know where they issued your AIP ?
It was from Niagara..
We applied in May 2022 so almost two years for the AIP - but finally it has come thanks to the help and assistance of everyone in this forum... but we still have a while to go.

Would anyone be able to confirm if they send an email confirming that all documents are received?
Do we know how much time it takes to start and complete security? was still not started as of yesterday..
Also, should we apply for OHIP during this time or its better to wait until ECOPR?

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
It was from Niagara..
We applied in May 2022 so almost two years for the AIP - but finally it has come thanks to the help and assistance of everyone in this forum... but we still have a while to go.

Would anyone be able to confirm if they send an email confirming that all documents are received?
Do we know how much time it takes to start and complete security? was still not started as of yesterday..
Also, should we apply for OHIP during this time or its better to wait until ECOPR?
Congratulations!!

Yes we did get an email from Niagara falls office confirming that they received the requested documents.

I am not sure how long they take to complete security screening but I can share that we got ecorp three months after aip. Aip April 18th 2023 and ECOPR July 13th 2023.

You can apply for OHIP with the Aip letter while you wait on ECOPR that's what we did. The Ohip will be valid for one year but we were told we could go back and update our status if we received Permanent residency before it expires.
We just updated our status on OHIP last week as it was going to expire this week.

Hope I was able to answer your questions.

Nav12691

Apr 17, 2024
Hi I my mom got Stage 1 approval for H & C in Feb 29,2024. After that we submit everything requested. Its 1 month passed. Any idea what happens next and how much time it will take?
Thank you

Julie julie

May 20, 2022
Any one has the same timeline as me my application was submitted on September 2022 and till now there is no update.
I hope we receive good news very soon

Reactions: Robin220

Nav12691

Apr 17, 2024
Congrats ! when did you come to Canada ? May i know where they issued your AIP ?
Hi I my mom got Stage 1 approval for H & C in Feb 29,2024. After that we submit everything requested. Its 1 month passed. Any idea what happens next and how much time it will take?
Thank you

NickNick22

Star Member
Jan 5, 2024
Don't worry. The details provided by the call center are irrelevant, for example, some people in this forum had eligibility status showing as 'not started' even though they have already received the AIP (Approval in Principle). Perhaps the most important thing to find out is whether the file has been sent to a different office other than Vancouver and if it has been assigned to a specific officer... @junanjum
What does it really means if the case transferred from Vancouver?

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
What does it really means if the case transferred from Vancouver?
Hi NickNick,

The Vancouver office is a central receiving office for H&C and PRRA applications. They have "sub-offices" - these are smaller offices in Montreal, Toronto and Niagara Falls. Those offices also make H&C and PRRA decisions on the files sent to them from Vancouver.

It's a mom with a few kids - she (Vancouver) has the loaf (inventory of H&C/PRRA cases) and the kids (Toronto, Montreal and Niagara Falls) get slices (undecided applications).

Montreal gets most of the French bread.

It's routine and doesn't have any meaning for the applicant but allows for different regions to be represented in decision making for these lines of immigration business.

It's important to have a regional delivery of PRRA casework given the heavy representation of CBSA removals in those cities.