+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

montasser7445

Sep 26, 2019
Hello guys, please any feedback on my situation will be appreciated. I applied for H&C on july 2023 and till now there is no response. my post graduate work permit expired on January 14, 2024. i applied for fake work permit on January 13, 2024 hoping that i will get first stage approval before my work permit application is finalized. now they refused my work permit today as expected, what can I do now. i have until April 13 (90 days to restore my status) since my work permit expired on January 14. should I apply again for work permit or should I just leave and go back home and wait for H&C decision. I am really in very bad situation and will appreciate any expert idea.
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys, please any feedback on my situation will be appreciated. I applied for H&C on july 2023 and till now there is no response. my post graduate work permit expired on January 14, 2024. i applied for fake work permit on January 13, 2024 hoping that i will get first stage approval before my work permit application is finalized. now they refused my work permit today as expected, what can I do now. i have until April 13 (90 days to restore my status) since my work permit expired on January 14. should I apply again for work permit or should I just leave and go back home and wait for H&C decision. I am really in very bad situation and will appreciate any expert idea.
Thank you
I don't see the point in trying to restore your status to a work permit. Unless there's information you haven't provided, you don't qualify for a work permit so this application will be refused as well.

You should remain in Canada without working if at all possible. Leaving in Canada will significantly weakend your chances of being approved under H&C.

montasser7445

Sep 26, 2019
I don't see the point in trying to restore your status to a work permit. Unless there's information you haven't provided, you don't qualify for a work permit so this application will be refused as well.

You should remain in Canada without working if at all possible. Leaving in Canada will significantly weakend your chances of being approved under H&C.
Thank you for your feedback, but how will I survive without working. if I don't continue working, i will have to leave Canada

idiris

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
Thank you
Are you given the option to apply to restore status?

idiris

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
do you mean in the refusal letter?. no it doesn't give me that option, it just ask me to leave immediately if my status is expired
So if you were not given option to apply restore status.
You can also ask for a judicial review through the Federal Court of Canada, if you think the process was not fair. A lawyer in Canada would act on your behalf.

Ad3y

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
So if you were not given option to apply restore status.
You can also ask for a judicial review through the Federal Court of Canada, if you think the process was not fair. A lawyer in Canada would act on your behalf.
The PGWP expired and the renewal application was rightly refused because the applicant has no status. There is nothing to review, the applicant would only be wasting consultation fees talking to a lawyer about JR for this. It's pretty clear cut. Unless they get their AIP, the WP application will be refused everytime.

idiris

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
The PGWP expired and the renewal application was rightly refused because the applicant has no status. There is nothing to review, the applicant would only be wasting consultation fees talking to a lawyer about JR for this. It's pretty clear cut. Unless they get their AIP, the WP application will be refused everytime.
Maybe there is an option of requesting to stay in Canada under visitor status.