+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

h&capplicant

Feb 28, 2024
Hello everyone. New here. Finally put in my h&c application. Been 8months since restoration was refused. Absolutely need to be here in Canada given the personal circumstances. The same circumstances which delayed applying earlier. You'll have been on this forum long enough and know all the jargon with this process. I really appreciate your inputs. My questions are typically how long does CBSA take to send any orders to leave ? And if they do, how does one ask for PRRA ? The situation is dire with limited resources. I believe a PRRA is justified in my case but how does one go about advocating or requesting consideration for the PRRA application eligibility to be granted ? They say one can apply only after a cbsa officer says so. Is there a formal process where they assess and decide to let one to apply for it ? I read here that some people have got stage 1 approval within a few months.. are applications triaged in some way ? Does aor give some protection from any cbsa orders ? A lot of questions in my mind and thank you all in advance.

Kate_20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
The Lawyer has not given me any update in the past 2yrs. Do i need to book an appointment to see the mp?
Absolutely, if IRCC says they are taking 19 months to process applications it means it takes them 19 months from the day application was issued until COPR is issued. If it's been 24 months and no movement not even AP it could take another 12 months at least to finalize if not longer. Did you request notes to see where your case is at? If not, do it first so you can take it to your MP and aks them wth is wrong with immigraiton system! Clearly they are lying when they are saying 19 months cause Im seeing people waiting for years and still no response!

Reactions: Sangin1

Kate_20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
Absolutely, if IRCC says they are taking 19 months to process applications it means it takes them 19 months from the day application was issued until COPR is issued. If it's been 24 months and no movement not even AP it could take another 12 months at least to finalize if not longer. Did you request notes to see where your case is at? If not, do it first so you can take it to your MP and aks them wth is wrong with immigraiton system! Clearly they are lying when they are saying 19 months cause Im seeing people waiting for years and still no response!

My doctor once told me, Kate, if you DO NOT advocate for yourself No one will! As I was waiting for surgery appointment for 2 years. After I walked out that office I started calling, emailing hospital every week demanding surgery - as advised, I was advocating for myself! Guess what? it worked! surgery was scheduled within 2 weeks.

T&T2024

Feb 20, 2024
I do not have access to the file, i ask my lawyer for update and all he said to me is that,it’s showing submitted.

Kate_20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
I do not have access to the file, i ask my lawyer for update and all he said to me is that,it’s showing submitted.
Well you know that it is submitted cause you paid money and lawyer filed it. Thats nothing new. So in portal it does not say in Progress?? Also, when you call in what does automated telephone status say? Can you reach out to your lawyer and ask him to submit GCMS notes asap so you can see whats going on with your application?

T&T2024

Feb 20, 2024
I dont have the password to the account, he will nt give me.i want to go to the mp’s office just incase they can help.also i do i call automated telephone, cn you provide me with the phone number?thank you

Reactions: temmy-27

Sangin1

Star Member
Jan 24, 2024
My doctor once told me, Kate, if you DO NOT advocate for yourself No one will! As I was waiting for surgery appointment for 2 years. After I walked out that office I started calling, emailing hospital every week demanding surgery - as advised, I was advocating for myself! Guess what? it worked! surgery was scheduled within 2 weeks.
Same like me after one month from submitting my application I started phone call three times a week, sending webform every week even if I don’t have any updates, I ordered 6 gcms notes in only 11 months, sending updates by mailing Canada post , sending updates by emails to all hm offices as well as I involved mp I don’t care how treat my application all I care about want push them mane make more complexity to the officers I tried to send documents I mean same document in 4 different ways hhhh yea this is ircc the way how to treat them

Emrose

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
Did anyone ever got a letter in Mail regarding your application. I talked to IRCC over the phone today and they tell me that your application is technically in process and Officer mailed you a letter yesterday through Canada post. But she didn’t tell me what is in the letter.

My ECAS shows in process. Automated phone line also says, we are checking whether you meet eligiblility requirements or not.

please let me know if anyone experienced that?

Robin220

May 15, 2023
Did anyone ever got a letter in Mail regarding your application. I talked to IRCC over the phone today and they tell me that your application is technically in process and Officer mailed you a letter yesterday through Canada post. But she didn’t tell me what is in the letter.

My ECAS shows in process. Automated phone line also says, we are checking whether you meet eligiblility requirements or not.

please let me know if anyone experienced that?
Hi Emrose
Is that your first application or second application?

Reactions: Emrose