+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Lar Mo

Nov 29, 2022
I’m confused. My wp was supposed to expire by June 2023, so I applied for the renewal early February. However, i got a letter from IRCC yesterday that i have to pay $85 for Biometrics and upload the payment receipt before August 6! Meanwhile, i paid $255 for my wp renewal and was supposed to be refunded $100 like they usually do, but I never got any refund. Please note i just received AIP almost 4 weeks ago. Could that be the reason for this letter? Has anyone experienced this? Cos this is the first time I’m told to pay $85 for biometrics since i got here 2017! And we were told it’s valid till Dec 2027! When i checked the link sent to confirm the validity of my Biometrics, it was written there that it had expired since 2021! Does anyone know how many years is Biometrics valid for? I’ve never done biometrics for wp renewal since i got here.. so I’m confused

Reactions: Ebonybaba247

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
I’m confused. My wp was supposed to expire by June 2023, so I applied for the renewal early February. However, i got a letter from IRCC yesterday that i have to pay $85 for Biometrics and upload the payment receipt before August 6! Meanwhile, i paid $255 for my wp renewal and was supposed to be refunded $100 like they usually do, but I never got any refund. Please note i just received AIP almost 4 weeks ago. Could that be the reason for this letter? Has anyone experienced this? Cos this is the first time I’m told to pay $85 for biometrics since i got here 2017! And we were told it’s valid till Dec 2027! When i checked the link sent to confirm the validity of my Biometrics, it was written there that it had expired since 2021! Does anyone know how many years is Biometrics valid for? I’ve never done biometrics for wp renewal since i got here.. so I’m confused
The same thing happened to me as well am in canada since 2017 and have renew 3 to 4 wp which I did not pay for biometrics. When you pay the payment you will need to upload the payment receipt and after some weeks they will send you biometrics instruction letter to take to any service canada for the biometrics and picture

Reactions: Lar Mo

junanjum

Jul 28, 2023
How long have you been waiting since you applied? You may not be at a stage where progress has started.
H&C Application
-Application Received on 4th Aug-2022
-Processed started 25th Jan-2023.
-Application Status shows In Process.

My former lawyer said he had submitted the paper application and just after the submission he got banned from continuing law practice.
So I have really no idea if it was a paper application or online. However Im able to check my application status application status tool check.
Almost a year has been completed since they have received the application.

Please do share any insights if you have.

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Hello guys hopefully you doing well . I just got H&C application approval last month with my 3 daughters . It’s direct approval please let me know how long does more take to get my PR card please confirm thanks
Can you pls share the wordings of the letter or the main parts of the letter (without any personal info ofcourse). It usually states something like we confirm that you are eligible for exceptions to get the PR...it doesnt say anything like 1st stage from what I know...also what is your basis and timeline?

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
File received-July 2022 AOR August 2022. AIP July-2023
Hi you have mentioned that they did not send any followup letter asking for other documents..did you submit pcc and final fees etc. upfront? Could you share the wordings of the letter as well? As it looks like there are a few cases in the past weeks where they are not sending a second followup letter for documents..so just wondering is this something new?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
H&C Application
-Application Received on 4th Aug-2022
-Processed started 25th Jan-2023.
-Application Status shows In Process.

My former lawyer said he had submitted the paper application and just after the submission he got banned from continuing law practice.
So I have really no idea if it was a paper application or online. However Im able to check my application status application status tool check.
Almost a year has been completed since they have received the application.

Please do share any insights if you have.
It is not unusual to wait fir a year before your case starrs being processed. Could be months to 6+ months before you hear whether you have been approved/denied for first stage. It is really dependent on the specifics of your case.