+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Minsterfum

Star Member
Feb 9, 2023
Hello guy's the Lord has been good to me and my family! We received Aip today!!! Here's my timeline below.

Application received: August 9th 2021
Aor and Biometric: October 15th 2021
In-process: December 30th 2021
Decision made: October 20th 2022
Request for reconsideration: November 10th 2022
Medical requested: March 6th 2023
Aip today April 18th 2023
Grounds of Application- medical and best interest of the children.

This was all the work of the Lord!! So all thanks to him. I know it's not easy waiting but with the help of God you will be patient.

After seeing online back in October that our application changed to Decision made I immediately reach out to our lawyer and they lied saying they didn't receive anything and that I should give them a week to recieve it (to date) we still haven't heard from the lawyer. Anyways, Someone had posted in this forum how to request refusal notes so I immediately did that and in 24hrs the decision and refusal notes were in our email.

With the help of the Lord we tackle each argument and back it up with evidence (no lawyer) just us and God!!! After submitting the reconsideration I contacted the center back in December and thankfully I was able to speak with an agent who told me that an officer is working on our application for reconsideration.

After hearing that I left it alone and checked online every once in awhile. This journey has taught me to trust God and be patient.

I accepted the reality that an officer is not obligated to reconsider a decision and that they will only do so based on their discretion. I must say that although I wasn't hearing from them I would still send supporting documents while waiting to see if they would reopen my file, which they did 4 months later.

I want to encourage those that are waiting that the battle does not belong to us it belongs to God! Just keep trusting Him and have faith. In it's time it will happen. Don't ever give up. I pray that my story will encourage somebody and I will continue to pray for you all especially those that are waiting for aip. It is never over until it is over!

A big thank you to @Katayoon @grahs1994 @wello711 and the others that I can't remember right now.

Oh and I forgot to mention that during the waiting game CBSA was on our case but they eventually left us alone (before aip) this is how I know that God was truly with us because you all know how ruthless they can be but thankfully we found favor with them also.
Congratulations you deserved it

Reactions: Pear23

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
what ???
did you apply twice for h&c before ?
Could you plz share your timelines
I applied three times for H&C.
First application 2014 refused in 4 months.
Second application May 2018 refused in June 2019
Third application August 2021 refused October 2022 applied for reconsideration November 2022 and recieved aip today April 2023.

I'm a failed Refugee.

Reactions: Katayoon

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Third application August 2021 refused October 2022 applied for reconsideration November 2022 and recieved aip today April 2023.

I'm a failed Refugee.
What was your arguments (in general) before ?
Did you use a lawyer ?
Did you apply before for h&c based on best interest of child ?

Last edited:

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
What was your arguments (in general) before ?
Did you use a lawyer ?
Did you apply for h&c based on best interest of child ?
The first application was based on best interest of the children I applied on my own with little knowledge.
Second and third application was done by the same lawyer best interest of the children and medical was included in my third application.

My advice is to keep updating your application that's what we did. report cards, conditions in our home country, for example health care, crime and violence, employment etc. Get has many supporting documents as you can to back your arguments. Show pictures for example if they play sports, any achievements in school could be an award that they are respectful or kind, pictures of them playing with friends, pictures of them playing in the snow etc

Reactions: Taweda

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
The first application was based on best interest of the children I applied on my own with little knowledge.
Second and third application was done by the same lawyer best interest of the children and medical was included in my third application.

My advice is to keep updating your application that's what we did. report cards, conditions in our home country, for example health care, crime and violence, employment etc. Get has many supporting documents as you can to back your arguments. Show pictures for example if they play sports, any achievements in school could be an award that they are respectful or kind, pictures of them playing with friends, pictures of them playing in the snow etc
Did you have a work permit ? do you have relatives in Canada ?
Did you send proofs from doctors, psyclogists etc... ?

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
Did you have a work permit ? do you have relatives in Canada ?
Did you send proofs from doctors, psyclogists etc... ?
Yes we had work permits for a few years but didn't renew it because our lawyer told us that we couldn't renew it because our refugee claim was denied. Little did we know that we could sigh

Yes letters from psychologist, family doctor and psychiatrist.

No relatives in Canada

Reactions: wello711

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I'm a failed Refugee.
Congrats! You showed them that you don't take "no" for an answer when you deserve "yes"! We also got HC from third attempt...

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
Hi @Katayoon, I submitted police certificate when I applied for H&C back in 2021 I would like some clarity do I need to submit new police certificate

I notice this in the approval letter.
"You don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old or for
time spent in Canada."