YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Can I use OHIP here?

Applied in Sept 2021
AIP - April 2022
Submitted all requested documents.
Now waiting for stage 2 processing
If you are asking about your mom being covered by OHIP, then if your mom has a valid work permit and a job that's at least 6 month, then she can apply for OHIP. Otherwise, it's out of pocket.

Not sure what is your status here.

Cees

Star Member
Dec 17, 2021
If you are asking about your mom being covered by OHIP, then if your mom has a valid work permit and a job that's at least 6 month, then she can apply for OHIP. Otherwise, it's out of pocket.

With AIP you can get OHIP with or without a job. What you need is your approval letter and prove of address and you’re good

kaynn

Star Member
Jul 11, 2021
Please do not tell him that. I’ve got federal in and new H&C without AIP and I got my work permit 2weeks ago. All you have to do is write a nice letter explaining you would really appreciate to be granted the work permit that way you do not go on social assistance.
Hello grahs I pm you need some advise on this thanks

Muhammadtigerb

Star Member
Apr 14, 2022
Thank you. I appreciate you sharing that and will share with my friend. My friend has no kids. Your case for this is certainly stronger than his. But he might as well try again.

I am surprised you were refused H&C with 4 kids...
Yes this is very sad you have 4 kids and your H&C refused , how come they’re so horrible.

Reactions: wello711

ornaments

Jun 1, 2022
H&C is for my mother. - consequences of your separation from relative. She is a US Citizen and lived in US but now she has no one to care of other than me.

I am Canadian Citizen and my mother is US Citizen. She is over 80 years old. She already has a OHIP card as she got her Stage 1 - AIP in April 2022.

Reactions: YVR123 and Taweda

Canadagee

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Hi, I’ve just received approval in principle for our H&C, I got instruction letter saying that we have to provide all documentation within 30 days, we will start asap, does anyone know how long takes 2nd stage to be completed? We got 1st stage approved in Toronto
March 2020 H&C application submitted
Aug 2020 application received by H&C office
Dec 2020 H&C application on hold cause of litigation on federal court appeal on refugee denied
June 2022 1st stage approved

MakerofGold

Star Member
Sep 22, 2021
Hi, I’ve just received approval in principle for our H&C, I got instruction letter saying that we have to provide all documentation within 30 days, we will start asap, does anyone know how long takes 2nd stage to be completed? We got 1st stage approved in Toronto
Dec 2020 H&C application on hold cause of litigation on federal court appeal on refugee denied
Congratulations

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
Congrats. The hardest part is achieved
Good luck for the rest

Reactions: Swagzzy