+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

daughter

Star Member
Sep 17, 2021
it depends on the region and how busy the court is.
Again, let me do the math. Opening a file in court usually costs 120 dollars, with very few chances to win. But waste you a couple more months. Plus the time you will be waiting again on 2nd HC. Without a work permit, how long your finance will last?

Or talking to a new lawyer, it will be another one or two weeks. He or she will give you a better suggestion for stopping deportation. Or, once your 2nd file is received by IRCC, and they give you AOR. You will be safe till the result whether is positive or negative.

Prra is also on the table.

If i were you, i would start to search online for a list of lawyer, and call a lawyer asking for an appointment ASAP. Before doing that, zero thought on judicial review. Because it will consume too much time. Plus you have children to raise.

Make plan A B C D, and prioritize them from the best move to the least best move.
what is the percentage of winning a re determination application, I mean after winning judicial review ?

bestluckeveryone

Star Member
Mar 1, 2022
what is the percentage of winning a re determination application, I mean after winning judicial review ?
there is no such thing as a percentage. As I mentioned, it is you against the AGENT, you must prove he/she has made mistakes or errors in processing.

If you just simply believe your file is strong and expect the judge to review it for you, it does not work like that.

When the judge believes your decision-maker didn't follow the principle or break the rule in reviewing your case, the judge will send it back for reconsideration. This-time reconsideration with the judge's support will not be guaranteed.

The IRCC is a government system which is working isolated from the Legal system. The result in court only proves something wrong with agent's behaviours, it does not prove you deserve a PR.

To all who are not familiar with how things work.

Muhammadtigerb

Star Member
Apr 14, 2022
the outcome after judicial review will depend on the senior officer's perspective, if the ircc still thinks you are not eligible, then your file remains the same answer.
one more question , I waited two years for My h&c application. and i have friends here in canada and I don't have anyone back home in my country, it will effect me emotionally if I send back home because will be alone without friends. can officer consider this big argument?

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
one more question , I waited two years for My h&c application. and i have friends here in canada and I don't have anyone back home in my country, it will effect me emotionally if I send back home because will be alone without friends. can officer consider this big argument?
This also can be an argument, its also positive in the file. it will be more important if you will send a letter from social worker or psychological to support it

bestluckeveryone

Star Member
Mar 1, 2022
as long as you can prove it. simply saying so is not a fact

Reactions: wello711

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
what did you send to prove your arguments in your application ? letters , articles, reports, statistics ...?did you, your child or your lawyer write an explanatory letter, if yes how long it was ? did you send any proofs to show your integrtion in the canadian society with your friends and family ?
Try please to answer, just to help people, this is not confidential informations, we ask you just to have more knowledge and help others

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
I don’t know you’re situation but patience is the key there’s nothing more we can do than wait. If you have a job and no health issue just have faith and be patient good things come to those who wait . This forum is the only insight we get regarding our application because there’s not much info surround h&C just take a break from the forum and maybe come back when you’re feeling a little better don’t be down .
Well said @Indianna. Being in this forum throughout my application made it feel like I was not alone.
I saw comments of people who got PR, people who were denied and people who never gave up and their success stories at last.
It’s a long wait and patience is what you need. Stay positive and have hope that good news is coming soon.
Good luck to you all my friends as you for your PR.

Reactions: Swagzzy

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
Hello guys, You guys are doing a great work here so i decided to encourage somebody as i also learn a lot here through Ayanna and the wonderful people like her. I am a failed refugee claimant with wife and three little kids of which one is a citizen. I applied for H&C Nov 2020 together with JR but the JR failed in Aug 2021 and throughout the period my H&C status at ECAS didn't changed at all. It changed around late Dec or early Jan 2022 as i got tired of checking and i stopped. So that's where you guys come in, during those periods, i always wait for Ayanna and the rest to comment so i can take solace in those comments, trust me, the positive energy from them worked for me. The bottom line is just be positive, forget whatever processing time IRCC is putting out there, it will sure get to your turn and it will end in Praise. Lastly ,before i forget, got my AIP Feb23 after 15months of waiting. My case/argument is based on settlement in Canada and interest of children. PLEASE KEEP THE POSITIVE ENERGY ON....ITS WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations to you and your family.
Keep up the positive energy
Soon you will receive your PR.
Best of luck my friend.

Teddy2020

Star Member
May 31, 2020
hi anyone know any good lawyer in toronto for H&C? please let me know thanks
@Muhammadtigerb you have gotten the best advice from @bestluckeveryone you need to look for a sound lawyer and put In a 2nd H&C application Asap. 3rd thing if you have any interview with CBSA pray for a good officer one that will give you time and hopefuly PRRA and please please please compile with the officer with the requests. If he or she tells you come to the office at a given time please be there. Once the PRRA is in and ur Second H&C it buys time but the percentage for PRRA is low depends on the country ure from.

Reactions: bestluckeveryone