+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys ,my kids mom tipped off immigration and they been out searching for me the past few days ,they spoke too people close too me who contacted me and said the cbsa were tipped off and want u to call them so i just called and a cbsa border officer told me to come to theyre office for a meeting ,anyone experience this ?..I been living here illegally many years now not paying tax working for cash etc
It is a very bad idea to try to hide from CBSA. It only complicates your situation if you are seen to be a flight risk. Get a lawyer. Your situation is very complicated and involves illegal status/illegal work for 5+ years, child custody, domestic violence, likely social services, etc.

BigTony

Star Member
Nov 14, 2021
It is a very bad idea to try to hide from CBSA. It only complicates your situation if you are seen to be a flight risk. Get a lawyer. Your situation is very complicated and involves illegal status/illegal work for 5+ years, child custody, domestic violence, likely social services, etc.
Hey, i priced some lawyers and they crazy expensive so just gonna have too represent myself with the help of my consultant,i will go too the meeting with the border officer but im sure i will be given about a week to leave the country no doubt

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
Hey, i priced some lawyers and they crazy expensive so just gonna have too represent myself with the help of my consultant,i will go too the meeting with the border officer but im sure i will be given about a week to leave the country no doubt
Am so sorry to here this. But do u have any application in that immigration is looking at now

Reactions: Jakiewuyi

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It does not happen that fast. My partner was in similar situation - his ex wife reported him to CBSA/IRCC and he got deportation order. But they do not ship you immediately. When you go there, it will be to introduce your case. You have to take with you all your HC evidences showing how your child needs you in Canada. Take him with you, if you can. Ideally, it is good to have AOR showing that your HC is in process, but if you don't have it yet, bring all evidences you can and tell them you are almost ready to apply for HC. They may offer you to apply for PRRA, which will give you extra 6-12 months to sort out your HC, or they will give you removal interview date (a meeting where they will propose to you a travel itinerary), or they will tell you to do weekly/monthly check-ins until further notice. All this to say: don't panic, gather all evidences and be prepared to ask your CBSA officer for compassion. It's not over yet. Many of us went through this on this forum and we overcame it.

Last edited:

BigTony

Star Member
Nov 14, 2021
It does not happen that fast. My partner was in similar situation - his ex wife reported him to CBSA/IRCC and he got deportation order. But they do not ship you immediately. When you go there, it will be to introduce your case. You have to take with you all your HC evidences showing how your child needs you in Canada. Take him with you, if you can. Ideally, it is good to have AOR showing that your HC is in process, but if you don't have it yet, bring all evidences you can and tell them you are almost ready to apply for HC. They may offer you to apply for PRRA, which will give you extra 6-12 months to sort out your HC, or they will give you removal interview date (a meeting where they will propose to you a travel itinerary), or they will tell you to do weekly/monthly check-ins until further notice. All this to say: don't panic, gather all evidences and be prepared to ask your CBSA officer for compassion. It's not over yet. Many of us went through this on this forum and we overcame it.
This is very helpful thank you,ya I had a meeting with my h and c consultant yesterday and she said we have to rush the application and have it done by tuesday and i was thinking about bringing my son with me too

BigTony

Star Member
Nov 14, 2021
N
Am so sorry to here this. But do u have any application in that immigration is looking at now
No i only began the process in early november , the application isnt ready yet i was still gathering evidence,but now i have to just submit what i have at this point

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
This is very helpful thank you,ya I had a meeting with my h and c consultant yesterday and she said we have to rush the application and have it done by tuesday and i was thinking about bringing my son with me too
don’t panic A lot of us been there before so this is just experience we gonna tell you how it’s gonna work

Make sure take your son with you that’s a good idea and when you go there first just go and set n listen what they tell you
They will tell you all your options
And ask you few questions
Address phone number
Do you have passport or birth certificate
Is your passport is valid
They will put you check in every week or month

sometime they offer PRRA
If they don’t make sure ask for one

they are not going to deport you right away because very hard

BigTony

Star Member
Nov 14, 2021
don’t panic A lot of us been there before so this is just experience we gonna tell you how it’s gonna work

Make sure take your son with you that’s a good idea and when you go there first just go and set n listen what they tell you
They will tell you all your options
And ask you few questions
Address phone number
Do you have passport or birth certificate
Is your passport is valid
They will put you check in every week or month

sometime they offer PRRA
If they don’t make sure ask for one

they are not going to deport you right away because very hard
Thanks for the helpfull information,i feel a small sense of relief now ,i will definitely bring my son with me

Reactions: Swagzzy and Bikiy

kaynn

Star Member
Jul 11, 2021
Hello everyone,If am given an opportunity to apply for Prra any idea how long this process takes?
Thanks