+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

BigTony

Star Member
Nov 14, 2021
Hey yes i do know some people who have done there pr applications themselves bht they were more simple straight forward prs through there work lmia etc..my case is alot harder unfortunatly doing h & a and i wouldnt
Dream of risking doing it alone incase i made a mistake and got denied and had to leave the country and my son

BigTony

Star Member
Nov 14, 2021
So it could be 2 or 3 months after i submit my aplication before i get an answer on weather i passed stage 1 yes? Or isit alot longer than that

Lexus2021

Sep 7, 2021
Waiting for Pr card
1. @Jaxico sept 24 ( COPR )
2. @Blac Kelly.. sept 24 ( COPR )
3. @Katayoon September 27 ( COPR )
4. @ana278806 oct 14 ( COPR)
5. @Lila123 Aip July 14 ( oct 21 Copr )
6. @PouyaP aip sep ( November 15 )
7. @Lexus2021 Aip June ( approved letter)

Waiting for copr

8. @canada_live22 Aip on June 30 ( final review)
9. @Juneplum aip June ( final review)
10. @Carlos chuks December 2020 Aip ( In process )
11. @Rose2021 Aip feb 11 ( in process )
12. @BrazaRec Feb 11 Aip ( in process )
13. @LAStudent aip May ( in process )
14. @David323 Aip ( in process)
15. @Bikiy Aip June 18 ( in process)
16. @Zaher1986 Aip Nov 05 ( in process)

CSQ complete or waiting

17. @fiveoplus = AIP April ( csq complete )
18. @Latin40 June aip wait ( csq )
19. @Patt garcia Aip august 9th ( in process )
20. @SweetQueen aip ( csq complete )

Don’t know about he/she
21. @terrya aip October ( ? )

If you guys don’t give me a thumbs up I will remove your name because maybe some if you guys don’t want your name be here

R Brar

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Seniors, how can I check the status of my application ? I tried the available route but stock reply " not available" ' application may be in received status n not in process or try again etc.. It is on line application n how can I link with Ecas ? or any other portal to check the status. Pl help

Reactions: Katayoon

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
Seniors, how can I check the status of my application ? I tried the available route but stock reply " not available" ' application may be in received status n not in process or try again etc.. It is on line application n how can I link with Ecas ? or any other portal to check the status. Pl help
H and C can only check in Ecas and automatic phone call. Nothing more.

Reactions: R Brar and Katayoon

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So it could be 2 or 3 months after i submit my aplication before i get an answer on weather i passed stage 1 yes? Or isit alot longer than that
2-3 months just to get confirmation of receipt (AOR). Then could take another 6-12 months (sometimes more) to hear about Stage 1. But you mentioned you will be applying under domestic violence stream and other users predicted your case will go faster.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you try automatic phone line? For my partner, ECAS never worked and I know one more user who never was able to access ECAS. So we both used automatic phone line updates or asked our CBSA officer to check for us.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys is it a JOB OFFER can help your H and C case ?
Of course it will - the primary benefit of immigration to Canada is the $$$ coming with it (including income taxes). Another one is immigrants' ability to resolve Canada's population growth problem (hence the fancy term "best interest of child"). Both of tremendous importance to your HC.

Reactions: wello711

R Brar

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Did you try automatic phone line? For my partner, ECAS never worked and I know one more user who never was able to access ECAS. So we both used automatic phone line updates or asked our CBSA officer to check for us.
Thank you. Pl give me link of automatic phone. ECAS not working

Reactions: Katayoon

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you. Pl give me link of automatic phone. ECAS not working
It is same number as call center. You just have to follow prompts to enter your UCI and App number. You can ignore all Afghanistan-related prompts to hang up because you will not be talking to an agent. Just go on with prompts and you will hear message "we received your application on [date]. We are currently verifying whether you meet eligibility requirements etc."

1-888-242-2100.

Reactions: R Brar

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Dealing with lawyers is a cow-milking process. After each procedure/application, there will always be the next one (usually even more expensive). This is why once I got familiar enough with the HC process (after two failed applications you sure learn a lot), we cut ties with lawyer and did not go with the next stage she offered (a 10K+ federal court appeal). We submitted our own HC and it worked.

Many people think you need legal background to win HC. You do not. You just have to be diligent with your paperwork, fill out correctly your application forms and structure very well your HC arguments with proofs (with good boring bureaucratic English). In our last application, I did not have a single legal argument. I removed all legal arguments that lawyer included in previous applications like examples of similar cases where judge issued a favourable decision. Clearly, previous officers did not care much about those since we failed multiple times.

all this to say: listen to lawyers advice, if you wish and you can afford, but don't think they are holding some sacred keys to heaven and don't jump into writing them their next cheque. Many of us did it on our own. My humble advice as someone who saw people burn their life savings into lawyers.
Your post above needs to be given a golden award. I 100% concur with you. Once an applicant gets familiar with the h&c process, how to fill the forms, write arguments, etc, the h&c application becomes easy. H&C officers are interested in your knowing an applicant's story and background. They are NOT interested in knowing the lawyer you hired for your application!

Last edited: