+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Carlos chuks

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Has anyone in the forum got idea - how long does CBSA give us the time until deportation after the first interview? Will we get enough time to settle everything before departure? Will CBSA still send us when our lives will be on risk if we are sent back to our country?
You will still have some couple of interviews, before they ask you to buy ticket. Once you buy tickets your departure will be between 3 weeks to one month. If you are going for the next interview, go with your entire family, especially if you have kids, most times it makes the Cbsa officer feel some compassion, you might get administrative deferral, it has worked in some cases. One more thing ,After expressing your fears of going back home ,If you are asked , "if you will leave Canada when you are asked to leave?" just answer them , you will leave if the law say so.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anything can happen with CBSA. See the attached link. https://chng.it/gwz4BFtG The man has spent 22 years and has been asked to be reporting to sign for the past ten years!!! Just this year, they ordered his deportation after 22 years in Canada.
This is so unfortunate to see a senior fighting with CBSA instead of quietly enjoying his retirement. I signed the petition. Let's distribute among friends - perhaps it will help. Remember that Philipino health worker who was also to get deported earlier this year over mis-representation: ultimately the petition won and he was granted deferral until HC is decided. Even a minister pleaded for his case.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will still have some couple of interviews, before they ask you to buy ticket. Once you buy tickets your departure will be between 3 weeks to one month. If you are going for the next interview, go with your entire family, especially if you have kids, most times it makes the Cbsa officer feel some compassion, you might get administrative deferral, it has worked in some cases. One more thing ,After expressing your fears of going back home ,If you are asked , "if you will leave Canada when you are asked to leave?" just answer them , you will leave if the law say so.
Great piece of advice @Carlos chuks . we took our infant son to all appointments and little man did all the work for us: all officers just could not stop smiling at him. At the end, the supervisor came to the room to praise him how quiet he has been during the interview. We got administrative deferral. No guarantee it will work for others as each case is unique, but better to try everything we can than just wait for deportation.

Jjla

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
This is so unfortunate to see a senior fighting with CBSA instead of quietly enjoying his retirement. I signed the petition. Let's distribute among friends - perhaps it will help. Remember that Philipino health worker who was also to get deported earlier this year over mis-representation: ultimately the petition won and he was granted deferral until HC is decided. Even a minister pleaded for his case.
Can you explain what does misrepresentation mean? Someone told me if I have misrepresentation before (maybe thats why my application is delayed)

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you explain what does misrepresentation mean? Someone told me if I have misrepresentation before (maybe thats why my application is delayed)
Mis-representation can be any inaccurate representation of facts when you fill out your application or provide evidence. It could be omission (e.g., you say you do not have children but you actually have), it could be mis-representation of income to pass a certain threshold (e.g., you say you earn 30,000$ while in fact you make half of it, and add fake bank statements etc.). Note: "you" is not you specifically in my examples but just some person. So it could be any mis-representation of facts really. If you have mis-representation on file, your future applications are likely to be scrutinized more and have a harder time to get approved. Have you had a revoked PR due to mis-representation? I guess if you are asking what mis-representation is, then you do not have a history of mis-representation.

Jjla

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
Mis-representation can be any inaccurate representation of facts when you fill out your application or provide evidence. It could be omission (e.g., you say you do not have children but you actually have), it could be mis-representation of income to pass a certain threshold (e.g., you say you earn 30,000$ while in fact you make half of it, and add fake bank statements etc.). Note: "you" is not you specifically in my examples but just some person. So it could be any mis-representation of facts really. If you have mis-representation on file, your future applications are likely to be scrutinized more and have a harder time to get approved. Have you had a revoked PR due to mis-representation? I guess if you are asking what mis-representation is, then you do not have a history of mis-representation.
No I don't have history of misrepresentation. It is I just find weird that they didn't even start processing my application and they received the application on October 2020,
Anyways I appreciate tour prompt answer

Reactions: Katayoon

Juneplum

Star Member
Feb 4, 2021
No I don't have history of misrepresentation. It is I just find weird that they didn't even start processing my application and they received the application on October 2020,
Anyways I appreciate tour prompt answer
I know this might not help but they received my application in July 2018. I didn't see in process until April 2020 and I didn't receive aip until June 2021. I always heard that no news possibly means good news. Also, not all officers update ecas. There have been immigrants who have gotten corp and their status never changed from received.

Jjla

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
Ys,
I know this might not help but they received my application in July 2018. I didn't see in process until April 2020 and I didn't receive aip until June 2021. I always heard that no news possibly means good news. Also, not all officers update ecas. There have been immigrants who have gotten corp and their status never changed from received.
Exactly, I started getting anxious and I started to look over the internet, then I found this group and I was like whaaaaaat?! Aip, Corp, processing? Lol my status online says received lol, and I read many received notifications and they applied 2021....I was like whyyyyy

Reactions: Juneplum

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
Hope so my friend. Now agent told us that we must asked for arc, when at first they told us we didnt need it. I am so no lucky.
You are lucky my friend. You have a good agent that provides you all the needed information so that you can make arrangements and act accordingly. He even responds to your emails. Mine does not respond to emails.
See :) you’re lucky. Let’s keep the positive spirit and Pray that God see us all through.

Latin40

Dec 6, 2018
You are lucky my friend. You have a good agent that provides you all the needed information so that you can make arrangements and act accordingly. He even responds to your emails. Mine does not respond to emails.
See :) you’re lucky. Let’s keep the positive spirit and Pray that God see us all through.
Yes, God is kind with us. I will try to see all positive. Thanks a lot my friend.
You still have no answer? I think copr is coming very soon for you

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope so my friend. Now agent told us that we must asked for arc, when at first they told us we didnt need it. I am so no lucky.
ARC will not take long. I believe it will be processed in the same visa office which will deliver your PR visa so it will be a joint application. You are almost there. You are one of the rare applicants who got AIP after having left Canada because once you leave your HC arguments get much weaker. So you ARE lucky, my friend. ARC is just a piece of bureacratic cake.

Latin40

Dec 6, 2018
ARC will not take long. I believe it will be processed in the same visa office which will deliver your PR visa so it will be a joint application. You are almost there. You are one of the rare applicants who got AIP after having left Canada because once you leave your HC arguments get much weaker. So you ARE lucky, my friend. ARC is just a piece of bureacratic cake.
Thanks for your words my friend. I hope all of this process will end succesfully soon. I have 2.5 years on it.

• Love
Reactions: Katayoon