+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Hello @Ayanna do you have an idea about the processing time of the application after the ECAS system changes from application received to in process ? ( the time nedded to receive the decision after the change on ecas )
my application still received on ecas and according to phone line updates they check eligibility and background
any idea @Katayoon ?
it’s hard to say I see members get in process like in three weeks and I also see members wait for six months to get in process
It’s depends
Eligibility means your application still wait for process what you need to should request a gcms note it will help you
The best way to find out where is your application what’s going on it’s a Gcms not

Reactions: Lexus2021

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Thanks Ayanna. I will keep this forum updated. One more question. Will my JR be treated simultaneously with the H&C or one will be on hold for the other?
If you sent your H&c application before your JR and if your H&c go in process they don’t hold your application otherwise they will keep hold on your H&c until decision on jr then they will process your H&c application
If your Jr positive answers your H&c application 99% will be approved

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Katayoon, does your application move faster when the agent name is letters and numbers?
Hi Pear23, Agent name is always letters and numbers. What I meant is that You get a response faster if you email Niagara with your agent code name in subject line. Otherwise you will wait for email response for very long (month or over).

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
Hi Pear23, Agent name is always letters and numbers. What I meant is that You get a response faster if you email Niagara with your agent code name in subject line. Otherwise you will wait for email response for very long (month or over).
okay I understand thank you

Latin40

Dec 6, 2018
Hi, my agent use a processing email, not niagarafalls email. So does yours?

Reactions: Ayanna

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
@Katayoon is agent code name the one that appears in the AIP subject and sign off.
Or where can one find that.
I saw a similar number in the AIP but I thought it was just the officer who approved the 1st stage.

Latin40

Dec 6, 2018
@Katayoon is agent code name the one that appears in the AIP subject and sign off.
I saw a similar number in the AIP but I thought it was just the officer who approved the 1st stage.
In my case, in aip letter is agent for 1st stage.
When I submited my documents for stage 2, I received an email from my new agent because I didnt fill properly some documents. Since then I write to that agent.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my case, in aip letter is agent for 1st stage.
When I submited my documents for stage 2, I received an email from my new agent because I didnt fill properly some documents. Since then I write to that agent.
Yes, it has to be the agent for Stage 2 in the email subject to Niagara. For us, it was the same email address that the agent was writing from (the general Niagara email given in the AIP letter) - she was just adding her signature at the end.

Reactions: SweetQueen

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will find out your Niagara (Stage 2) agent's code name when they email you directly about something that needs to be added to your file.

Bikiy

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
In my case the offier incharge of my stage 2 sent email to my lawyer directly and when she forward the mail to me she cropped out the agent name . My questions is if I want to follow up with the status of my application is it right to ask for the information from my lawyer and will it have any negative effect on my file following up with the officer directly

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
You will find out your Niagara (Stage 2) agent's code name when they email you directly about something that needs to be added to your file.
We received an email requesting additional information but through my lawyer and that came from another agent not the one on the AIP. Thanks friends. God bless you all

Reactions: Latin40