+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I tried with these numbers but IRCC say we could not trace file. May be file is in received status n processing is yet to take place, I do not know technicalities. When can we check status ? Please advise
OK did you try by phone? For my partner, online status never worked and he always got this same message. But phone updates worked OK. Try calling 1 888 242 2100 and following prompts for self-service status update

Reactions: Ayanna

LAStudent

Oct 2, 2021
OK did you try by phone? For my partner, online status never worked and he always got this same message. But phone updates worked OK. Try calling 1 888 242 2100 and following prompts for self-service status update
I have done this many times and literally it gives the same information from before I got my AIP until now.

Reactions: R Brar

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have done this many times and literally it gives the same information from before I got my AIP until now.
I know. For my partner's first HC, status update never worked. For his 2nd and 3rd, phone update worked but not online. However, phone status is not timely and unrealiable - even 9 months after rejection, phone was still showing "in process". Eventually, we had to order GCMS notes every 3 months to track the file. This is the only reliable/accurate method.

R Brar

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Thanks for help and advice. I will try phone.

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Has anybody in this forum submitted a TRP+WP application after they submitted their h&c application? ... I submitted my h&c application. IRCC received last week Monday. I am considering starting my TRP + WP application as soon as I receive an AOR for my h&c application. I guess my question here is should I wait till when I receive AOR for my h&c application before I submit my TRP + WP application?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Although it appears to be good news the government is essentially undermining the asylum system which will lead to many in Canada not trusting the system to only approve asylum seekers and not economic immigrants. This will have longterm implications for the asylum system (legal precedent) and the Liberals. Approving everyone to meet your immigration targets is a move that will likely backfire against the Liberals and create more anti-asylum seekers sentiments. The government was able to say that there was a system that determines who meets the UNHCR definition of refugee when people were outraged by Roxham but if they override the system then that is no longer the case. Anyone who has already been denied asylum and their appeal should also be mad because the rules to determine eligibility are temporarily being changed to meet immigration targets.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrecchiJu

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anybody in this forum submitted a TRP+WP application after they submitted their h&c application? ... I submitted my h&c application. IRCC received last week Monday. I am considering starting my TRP + WP application as soon as I receive an AOR for my h&c application. I guess my question here is should I wait till when I receive AOR for my h&c application before I submit my TRP + WP application?
No experience with this but I remember @Ayanna mentioning before that AOR is needed to apply.

Reactions: bella12

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
No experience with this but I remember @Ayanna mentioning before that AOR is needed to apply.
I thought as much because one of the core requirements for TRP is that an applicant has to prove they are actively working or have demonstrated that they working on restoring their status. So, It makes perfect sense to use AOR to demonstrate that condiion. I will wait for mine.

Thanks for the response.

Reactions: Ayanna

tony4454

Nov 20, 2020
I thought as much because one of the core requirements for TRP is that an applicant has to prove they are actively working or have demonstrated that they working on restoring their status. So, It makes perfect sense to use AOR to demonstrate that condiion. I will wait for mine.

Thanks for the response.
Hey. is trp and visitor record same thing or different?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey. is trp and visitor record same thing or different?
No - they are different. TRPs are generally for individuals who are otherwise inadmissible to Canada.

Reactions: Ayanna and tony4454