+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

R Brar

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Hi All,
I am new to this thread (but not new to this Canadavisa forum of course). I am looking to apply PR residence visa for my mother in H&C ground and needs help to start that. I will go through the procedure but anyone can give me an idea on where to start would be a great help. I understand other programs very clearly but not much about H&C.
Just to give you context behind my situation that my mother is widowed and we have 3 brother sisters all PR living in Canada along with my 2 kids both born here.
Thanks in advance!
First read the guide and collect documents; It will take months to collect documents regarding establishment, interest of child, hardship in the country, ties to Canada or health issues if any and PC from home country, similar case judgement ,if any to be quoted.

R Brar

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Hi friends,
Application sent in June,21. Received instantly. Biometric same month. It was on line submission through lawyer. How can I check the status of application ?

Reactions: Fayamufi

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,
Application sent in June,21. Received instantly. Biometric same month. It was on line submission through lawyer. How can I check the status of application ?
With your UCI and Application number, you can check online or through automatic phone line. Do you have AOR or biometric letter? You can find numbers there

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
Is immigration studying any files now or are they busy with Afghanistan files?
Yes they are working but at reduced capacity. Especially Stage 2 is where I noticed delays. Things that used to take days now take months. Simple assignment to an officer for final review took over 2 months.

Reactions: Zaher1986

Lila123

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
I contacted the call centre on Friday which is the first time I've done so since this process started. They didn't even take a minute to look at the file. They told me they were busy with other matters. It does bring me comfort that stage 1 has passed. Good luck and you will get an answer before you know it.

Hi all,
Is immigration studying any files now or are they busy with Afghanistan files?

Lexus2021

Sep 7, 2021
I contacted the call centre on Friday which is the first time I've done so since this process started. They didn't even take a minute to look at the file. They told me they were busy with other matters. It does bring me comfort that stage 1 has passed. Good luck and you will get an answer before you know it.
you mean stage 2
I thought you already in stage 2

Reactions: Ayanna

Lexus2021

Sep 7, 2021
1. @Jaxico sept 24 copr
2. @Blac Kelly.. sept 24 copr
3. @Katayoon September 27 copr
4. @Carlos chuks December 2020 Aip
5. @Rose2021 Aip feb 11
6. @Lexus2021 Aip June 29
7. @BrazaRec Feb 11 Aip
8. @Lila123 July 14 Aip
9. @fiveoplus = AIP since April csq complete
10. @Juneplum Aip June
11. @Latin40 June aip wait csq
12. @PouyaP Sept Aip
13. @Patt garcia Aip august 9th
14. @SweetQueen aip csq complete
15. @Lila123 July aip
16. @LAStudent May Aip
17. @ana278806 aip April oct 7
18. @David323 aip ?
19. @terrya aip oct

hey guys this list starts with five ppl now we are 19 I will love to see more ppl if you get approved or any updates please let’s us know it help
I know one thing for sure we will done by end the month

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
No, I meant stage one, I am happy that that part has passed. I am waiting for stage 2 -copr now :)

when you get Aip it means your stage 1 approved done
stage 2nd medical background Financial Pr fee when it’s done it mean copr complete

call center agent don’t know about H&c that much it’s more experience guys here then call center to help

I think your done from stage 2 soon you will get email or lawyer from them

Lila123

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Thanks for that feedback and encouragement. Much appreciated.

I did all that was required for stage 2.
when you get Aip it means your stage 1 approved done
stage 2nd medical background Financial Pr fee when it’s done it mean copr complete

call center agent don’t know about H&c that much it’s more experience guys here then call center to help

I think your done from stage 2 soon you will get email or lawyer from them

Reactions: Ayanna