+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Grounds case. Success rate?

Antolina

Jul 25, 2018
Hello. I want to submit an application for H&C grounds for my widowed mother who will turn 74 soon. I am the only child who lives in Canada for more than 15 years. She has cero family ties in her home country. No son, no daughter, or siblings there.
She also has difficulty walking and uses a cane. I can prove this with medical exams from her physician.
She will definetely face hardship if she will be by herself in her country, and she needs someone to help her with walking and mobility.
Would this case have high success rate for H&C grounds?
Thank you for your input!

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The answer is the same as 6 months ago. Just want to correct you, your mother is currently visiting you in Canada. Did you apply for PGP and not get selected? There seems to be many H&C applications for parents once people don't get selected. I wonder what plan you had made for your mother knowing you lived in Canada. It is possible to hire help for her in her own country. You have to speak to your lawyer and decided but there is an actual program for sponsoring parents and grandparents.

Antolina

Jul 25, 2018
Well, who are you to tell someone not to apply for a program that is available, without giving any valid explanations? Just by saying don't do it, that's it!
You are NOBODY to tell what to do! Go mind your own business, and stop giving those vague reasons that seem like garbage.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Well, who are you to tell someone not to apply for a program that is available, without giving any valid explanations?
“Who” they are is a taxpayer that will ultimately be paying for most of the costs for your elderly mother if you are successful. You may not like the fact they have expressed their opinion (and I somehow doubt you’ve really heard the genuine feelings about it), but that’s what you get on an open forum. What you do as far as available programs are up to you and certainly within your rights, however when you ask opinions of total strangers, one really should expect nothing less than to hear the full spectrum of advice and opinions. Feigned self righteous responses are pointless. They are entitled to their perspective and to voice it accordingly
As for you mothers chances, probably about 10%. What’s the plan for your autistic older sister? Bringing her as well? You seem to indicate she has other children elsewhere
I am the only child who lives in Canada for more than 15 years.
. What are they doing to help?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello. I want to submit an application for H&C grounds for my widowed mother who will turn 74 soon. I am the only child who lives in Canada for more than 15 years. She has cero family ties in her home country. No son, no daughter, or siblings there.
She also has difficulty walking and uses a cane. I can prove this with medical exams from her physician.
She will definetely face hardship if she will be by herself in her country, and she needs someone to help her with walking and mobility.
Would this case have high success rate for H&C grounds?
Thank you for your input!
You can certainly apply for H&C provided you mother is in Canada. The chances of success are on the low side given your mother's profile - specifically the fact that you are not an only child and the fact that you have been living in Canada for 15 years while she has been living in her home country. Having said that, you can certainly try. Note that if the H&C case is refused this can often make it quite a bit more difficult for someone to be approved to visit Canada in the future. First stage approval for H&C is taking 14+ months these days and the overall processing time is 2-3 years. If your mother wants to apply through H&C she will need to remain in Canada until processing is complete and avoid trips outside of Canada.

Reactions: Bryanna

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Another thing that applicants seem not to be realizing is a general election is this fall. If the current party in power does not get re-elected, and the Conservatives form the next government, there attitude towards immigration when they were in power previously was and is completely different then the Liberals currently . They were more “ rules “ oriented. Just think of the changes the Liberals implementated in the immigration portfolio. Those changes can all be undone .I think many are in for a rude awakening, in particular ,the o/p if this occurs

Last edited:
Reactions: andy.keeling