Hello

My H&C application was received on 28/10/2016
We started processing your application on 13/01/2017
I was deported to my home country on 03/08/2017

My application is been in progress for 22 months

I got no AIP
No news
No requests or anything
I contacted my MP and he checked for me and indicated that my application is still pending
The question is what they are doing with it for 22 months!!!!!
Is it setting on a shelf collecting dust!!!

Can i apply for a visa at least to see my wife!!!

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hello

My H&C application was received on 28/10/2016
We started processing your application on 13/01/2017
I was deported to my home country on 03/08/2017

My application is been in progress for 22 months

I got no AIP
No news
No requests or anything
I contacted my MP and he checked for me and indicated that my application is still pending
The question is what they are doing with it for 22 months!!!!!
Is it setting on a shelf collecting dust!!!

Can i apply for a visa at least to see my wife!!!
If you were deported from Canada, there is zero chances that your visitor visa will be approved.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you were deported and have an H&C application in progress, a visitor visa will most likely be refused. You will also have to go through the ARC process (because you were deported). Have you ordered your application notes? These may tell you what's going on.

Dream2030

Mar 29, 2018
If you were deported and have an H&C application in progress, a visitor visa will most likely be refused. You will also have to go through the ARC process (because you were deported). Have you ordered your application notes? These may tell you what's going on.
I ordered the GCMS notes back in june 14 even this is taking too long!!!
I emailed them yesterday and they replied as follows:

Thank you for contacting the Access to Information and Privacy Office.

We acknowledge that your request has been received and is in processing. According to our records, your request was due on July 10th, 2018.

Although we make efforts to provide timely access to records, the large volume of requests our institution processes makes it impossible to determine the exact date your file will be ready.

Please note that we have flagged your request as priority and the information will be forwarded to you as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may cause.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
a TRP wont work also?
Why the application is taking so long?!!
None of us can tell you why your application is taking so long - especially without knowing the details of your case.

Dream2030

Mar 29, 2018
Do you have a genuine reason to why you want to come back to Canada? H&C applications typically takes longer to process than normal applications so its normal to wait this long.
I want to see my wife!!! Like how am i supposed to keep a marriage if am away from my wife all this long... I mean am the one who was taking care of her, she is losing her patience!!!

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
I want to see my wife!!! Like how am i supposed to keep a marriage if am away from my wife all this long... I mean am the one who was taking care of her, she is losing her patience!!!
Wanting to see your wife is not a genuine reason. Alot of foreign workers and international students have spouses who are not with them in Canada. They are even denied visitor visas because there is a sense that they will overstay on their visas.

Dream2030

Mar 29, 2018
None of us can tell you why your application is taking so long - especially without knowing the details of your case.
I spoke to a lot of people on forums like this most of them got refused or got AIP within a year or so, my application been going for 22 months!!!

Dream2030

Mar 29, 2018
Wanting to see your wife is not a genuine reason. Alot of foreign workers and international students have spouses who are not with them in Canada. They are even denied visitor visas because there is a sense that they will overstay on their visas.
Really!!! i can see no more genuine reason than this, i thought canada welcomes families not separate them!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Really!!! i can see no more genuine reason than this, i thought canada welcomes families not separate them!!!
Bringing spouses together isn't usually grounds for H&C. Canada absolutely welcomes families - this is why the spousal sponsorship process is in place.

Again, really hard to comment without knowing the details.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Your wife can move to your country, if she isn't currently applying to sponsor you in an outland spousal process and if she wasn't deported from wherever you are from. She can probably visit you as well to preserve her patience.

Why were you deported? Perhaps there are some complexities (outside of you waiting for a decision as to why you need to be in Canada to apply for PR - while you aren't actually in Canada any longer). I don't know what the standard waiting time is, but it doesn't sound as though you have a standard set of issues to be addressed. You will get a decision but that doesn't prevent your spouse from initiating an outland spousal sponsorship in the meantime.

Has it occurred to you that being deported is a negative when it comes to immigrating to a new country?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Well unless applicants can prove that they will return back home to their home countries then i see no reason for IRCC to deny their application. But in your case, you were deported for a reason so IRCC will have a hard time to believe you will go back home.

Dream2030

Mar 29, 2018
Your wife can move to your country, if she isn't currently applying to sponsor you in an outland spousal process and if she wasn't deported from wherever you are from. She can probably visit you as well to preserve her patience.

Why were you deported? Perhaps there are some complexities (outside of you waiting for a decision as to why you need to be in Canada to apply for PR - while you aren't actually in Canada any longer). I don't know what the standard waiting time is, but it doesn't sound as though you have a standard set of issues to be addressed. You will get a decision but that doesn't prevent your spouse from initiating an outland spousal sponsorship in the meantime.

Has it occurred to you that being deported is a negative when it comes to immigrating to a new country?
I can say this my wife is working to cover the bills, and about moving to my country she wont!!! Like do you think she will leave all her family behind and resettle!!! Come on!!! She is a girl those decisions arent really easy for her