+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C application first stage approval

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
Your lawyer should definitely get a copy of the decision. There may be a delay in delivery due to covid 19 but ask your representative what you can do to know the decision. Your rep can call Vancouver on your behalf. I hope the decision is positive

Reactions: scylla

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Give it a week maybe 2 more. The letter has to go through the government mail system first and then go through canadapost.

anhcanada2702

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Need help on decision made H and C application.
Hi Everyone,
Below is my timeline. I have a rep. Me or my rep has not received any letter in mail or email. Which address IRCC sends letter to? Mailing address on my application is India address, home address is Canada. What should I do in this situation?
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 24, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 31, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on October 10, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 30, 2020 about the decision on your application.
Hi!
I wonder why you put your mailing address in India in the first place? Aren’t you supposed to be in Canada to wait for the H&C decision? So same home address and mailing address would make more sense here eh? Or at least a Canadian mailing address would be easier for you to get any news for your application.
I would suggest you call them to know which way they have contacted you or your rep and which address they sent the letter to and go from there.
Good luck!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi!
I wonder why you put your mailing address in India in the first place? Aren’t you supposed to be in Canada to wait for the H&C decision? So same home address and mailing address would make more sense here eh? Or at least a Canadian mailing address would be easier for you to get any news for your application.
I would suggest you call them to know which way they have contacted you or your rep and which address they sent the letter to and go from there.
Good luck!
People can be forced or have to leave for financial reasons during H&C process. The application will still be processed. CIC customer service line is closed.

douglascage

Jun 3, 2019
Case was refused back in march , they made me wait couple of years just to refuse my case , I was almost sure that this is going to happen I don‘t know which is worst , living for 7 years in canada hoping or them showing up to my work acting like am a serial killer and taking me away from a life that I got used to , or them telling me that the case will still process after me being deported
I understand your situation but please note that the H&C is not a means to apply for PR and totally depends on the special consideration you need to qualify for PR. Processing time is longer as shown prior to you file and doesn't guarantee it either. you may try to apply again on something better then H&C as the rate of approval under h&c is very low because getting those special consideration is not that easy.

douglascage

Jun 3, 2019
Need help on decision made H and C application.
Hi Everyone,
Below is my timeline. I have a rep. Me or my rep has not received any letter in mail or email. Which address IRCC sends letter to? Mailing address on my application is India address, home address is Canada. What should I do in this situation?
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 24, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 31, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on October 10, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 30, 2020 about the decision on your application.
Hi , I am Indian too. if i can ask few things. i submitted app on march 2018 but in aug 2020 they open and sept 2020 decision made status showing. what to expect? Do your 4 correspondence reads decision made or written something else? how they send u decision in how many days?
please reply to reduce my anxiety

GCL29

Apr 6, 2021
Hello everyone,
I hope you’re all keeping safe!
i just to share my Timeline with all of you.

Submitted my application: Feb. 28, 2020
Application received: March 5, 2020
Correspondence receipt: July 13, 2020
Processing started: November 3, 2020
Biometrics done: December 7, 2020
AIP (first stage of approval): Feb. 28, 2021
*best interest of child and hardship
I hope everyone here will hear a good news from their immigration officer. Lets all pray and hope for the best.

Last edited:

Latin40

Dec 6, 2018
Hello everyone,

I hope everyone here will hear a good news from their immigration officer. Lets all pray and hope for the best.
Congratulations! Yes, we, that are waiting, pray for a soon positive answer. God will help us.

Reactions: Pear23 and GCL29

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
Hello everyone,

Congratulations God is truly amazing

Reactions: GCL29

GCL29

Apr 6, 2021
Hello everyone,

Updates: *May 6, 2021 Received my work permit
*May 14, 2021 submitted my PR application and received by the immigration officer.

I will keep you guys posted! I hope my timeline helps.

priti_ria

Nov 1, 2019
Hello everyone,

hello
have you checked your on line status tool? what is the comment in the Permanent Resident section? is it Decision made?
thank you