canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

Thank you for this useful information.... I really felt bad after receiving the email from CIC that I am not an eligible sponsor because I did not meet 2015 and 206 income since they calculated my husband's gross pay and not net pay.

There is no final decision yet but if ever, this H & C is a good alternative.

My dad passed away in July 2018.
In your other post, you stated that they used the net of your husband's self-employed income instead of his gross pay. I assume you are referring to the gross income stated in lines 162-170 of the tax return, which is self-employed income before expenses. Taxable income, which is what is included in line 150 and used for sponsorship, is income AFTER expenses, which is the net self-employed income stated in lines 135-143. IRCC used the correct numbers.

H&C is not an "alternative" to PGP sponsorship.

Reactions: scylla and YVR123

GhieB

Apr 30, 2019
Thank you for the response.

Are there reasons that would make them reconsider my sponsorship application despite ineligibility?

I did not withdraw my application hoping they will see that our income is going up from 2015. Also, I have a sustainable employment and my mom will not be a liability to Canada because of her international credentials. My mom has over 30 years of leadership experience in the government sector.

Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for the response.

Are there reasons that would make them reconsider my sponsorship application despite ineligibility?

I did not withdraw my application hoping they will see that our income is going up from 2015. Also, I have a sustainable employment and my mom will not be a liability to Canada because of her international credentials. My mom has over 30 years of leadership experience in the government sector.

Thanks!
No. You don't qualify and shouldn't have even applied. You took a spot away from someone who actually qualified to sponsor their parents.

GhieB

Apr 30, 2019
Before even submitting my entry, a representative from the office of MP checked our NOA and she said that we met the requirement.

When I was invited, the same rep checked all my requirements and forms prior submission.

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
Before even submitting my entry, a representative from the office of MP checked our NOA and she said that we met the requirement.

When I was invited, the same rep checked all my requirements and forms prior submission.
Do you realize that the representative you are talking about is not working for IRCC? Why did you involve your MP's office? Talking to an immigration consultant or a lawyer would be more appropriate.

As a self-employed person your husband claimed all possible expenses in his income tax return in order to pay less taxes... well here are the consequences...

Reactions: Copingwithlife

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

Why would you go to your MP regarding this ? As well the only ones that can approve an application is the IRCC.
There seems to be a misconception, once again , that an MP can magically approve an application or give the application bearing in the approval process ,

Reactions: k.h.p.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
The check IRCC does on incomes is simple. Is the reported income greater than or equal to the minimum required?

They don't look at trends if you don't meet the minimums. They don't look for reasons to approve. They don't care that you're only $500 or $7000 away. You're not eligible.

An MP's office assistant is someone who put up a lot of elections signs for an MP, or the son or daughter of someone who donated a lot to the party, or someone who is very good at there job. But they are not immigration consultants and cannot change eligibility requirements.

Reactions: Qwertypod

nnicky

Dec 13, 2016
I am in a similar situation, I am a single parent and an only child of my parent (single parent never married). I qualified for 2015,2017,2018 income but not 2016 (short by 3000), i have sent my PGP application(2019) and checked proceed with application and included a letter to proceed application on humanitarian grounds. My parent is here with me on supervisa, is this the same process as applying directly for H&C consideration?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Again why did you apply since you doin't qualify? You are wasting your money. When you submit the EOI it asks whether you meet the income requirement. No H&C is an entirely different 3 year process. Your parents have each other and are unlikely to be deemed alone in their home country and need to be in Canada.

nnicky

Dec 13, 2016
Again why did you apply since you doin't qualify? You are wasting your money. When you submit the EOI it asks whether you meet the income requirement. No H&C is an entirely different 3 year process. Your parents have each other and are unlikely to be deemed alone in their home country and need to be in Canada.
Thanks, i never mentioned parent(s) and they don't have each other and were from and lived in different countries. Good to know this H &C and the one mentioned in the regular PGP form is different.

Skouks

Jul 10, 2019
Hello guys,
for those who face problems in meeting the requirements of the Sponsorship of Parents program or just simply are tired of waiting out the years of possessing times, you may consider the application for permanent residence from within Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds (H&C) for your parents instead. (Your parent should be in Canada on the time of application)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5291ETOC.asp

I can definitely say – it works. We filed the application to sponsor our Mother back in May 2010 and after 4 years of waiting our application was refused due to the error in calculation of our income with no right to appeal....

But we did not give up and next month we filed another application for our Mother based on humanitarian and compassionate grounds (H&C) and we've won!

It looks like our timeline is one of the fastest for the H&R applications posted as it took the CIC just 11 months to finalize it. :)

Here it is:
Application sent on March 24 2014
AIP (1st stage approval) July 31 2014
Medicals and Police certificate request December 9 2014
Decision Made February 18 2015
Landing interview February 24 2015

It has taken exactly 11 months! Our Mom is a Permanent Resident now and we can finally relax. :) :)
Please would you help me I am in the same exact position. What were the exemptions you write about. Thank you. Your advice could change our lives.

archanai44

Jan 13, 2016
Hello guys,
for those who face problems in meeting the requirements of the Sponsorship of Parents program or just simply are tired of waiting out the years of possessing times, you may consider the application for permanent residence from within Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds (H&C) for your parents instead. (Your parent should be in Canada on the time of application)

I can definitely say – it works. We filed the application to sponsor our Mother back in May 2010 and after 4 years of waiting our application was refused due to the error in calculation of our income with no right to appeal....

But we did not give up and next month we filed another application for our Mother based on humanitarian and compassionate grounds (H&C) and we've won!

It looks like our timeline is one of the fastest for the H&R applications posted as it took the CIC just 11 months to finalize it. :)

Here it is:

It has taken exactly 11 months! Our Mom is a Permanent Resident now and we can finally relax. :) :)
Hi Suin, can you share your email-id or can you contact me on my email : gohil.archana@gmail.com, as I need more information to start H&C for my mother

archanai44

Jan 13, 2016
Guys,

My mom's H&C application was approved 10th May 2016 and since then we are waiting for medical request. I requested for CAIPS notes to see what's happening but no response even after a month. On enquiring the status I was told that my request for CAIPS notes is now priority but 10 days have passed but no response.

Can anyone suggest what to do to get medical request? Generally, it takes 45-60 days to get medical request but it's a long time and no request for medical. I am a little worried as my mom has to leave country in December and come back later if she doesn't get PR finalized.
Hi, hope by now your mother must have got her PR approved, could you share your contact email to inquiry more about H&C or you can write me on my mail : gohil.archana@gmail.com

Aug 6, 2015
Hello guys,

Here it is:

Hi,

First of all heartiest Congratulations for getting PR for your Mom. May God bless her with health and happiness.

I am not qualifying for the PGP sponsorship for last 5 years. Not even for the Super Visa. My dad is in Canada since last 2 years and spent almost 4 years in Canada with breaks.

Can you please share your submission letter and checklist so that I can apply for H & C for my single parent. We don't have relatives to take care of him in India and I don't want to send him back in Covid-19 mess.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

First of all heartiest Congratulations for getting PR for your Mom. May God bless her with health and happiness.

I am not qualifying for the PGP sponsorship for last 5 years. Not even for the Super Visa. My dad is in Canada since last 2 years and spent almost 4 years in Canada with breaks.

Can you please share your submission letter and checklist so that I can apply for H & C for my single parent. We don't have relatives to take care of him in India and I don't want to send him back in Covid-19 mess.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
This is far from a guarantee even if a parent is widowed. Not getting selected for PGP is why things like a supervisa exists. Canada has provided options for parents wanting to spend an extended time with their children while understanding that Canada can not absorb all the parents who would like to move to Canada as a PR. Canada has been pretty flexible about granting extensions during covid. That is not a reason for granting H&C. If he is refused H&C that could create problems getting a supervisa or TRV so you should decide if you are willing to take the risk.

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/421303/index.do
https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/421303/index.do