+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Application - A response shall be much appreciated.

waqas43

Jun 15, 2011
Hi All

Due to certain family reasons, residency obligations have not been met. PR cards are expiring in a few months' time. We are not in a position for a few more years to relocate abroad. My idea is to cancel the existing PR status and start a new application.

Question: Is it possible to visit Canada before PR expiry, explain the position at the immigration, get in (reported or not reported doesn't matter to us), hire a legal counsel & apply for PR renewal on H&C basis, leave Canada & wait for the decision (the current wait time is 36 months i suppose).

Clarifications:

1. I am aware of the fact that if we are let in by the immigration officer without being reported, we can take the chance of staying for 2 years straight before applying for renewing the PR card i.e. if the immigration laws don't change unfavorably during this time .... :). However, i have to take care of my old parents and cannot leave them alone at this point of time (my bother is finishing his college in 2 years time in US and shall return to live with them).
2. I just want to know the mere possibility (even if it is very thin) of getting this H&C application processed without us being present in Canada. I mean is it legally allowed or the H&C application gets refused automatically when the officials get to know that the applicant has left Canada after filing.

This overall exercise of visiting Canada and hiring a legal counsel involves some expenses and i just wanted to know if it is allowed at all. An answer shall be much appreciated.

Cheers

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

waqas43 said:
Hi All

Due to certain family reasons, residency obligations have not been met. PR cards are expiring in a few months' time. We are not in a position for a few more years to relocate abroad. My idea is to cancel the existing PR status and start a new application.

Question: Is it possible to visit Canada before PR expiry, explain the position at the immigration, get in (reported or not reported doesn't matter to us), hire a legal counsel & apply for PR renewal on H&C basis, leave Canada & wait for the decision (the current wait time is 36 months i suppose).

Clarifications:

1. I am aware of the fact that if we are let in by the immigration officer without being reported, we can take the chance of staying for 2 years straight before applying for renewing the PR card i.e. if the immigration laws don't change unfavorably during this time .... :). However, i have to take care of my old parents and cannot leave them alone at this point of time (my bother is finishing his college in 2 years time in US and shall return to live with them).
2. I just want to know the mere possibility (even if it is very thin) of getting this H&C application processed without us being present in Canada. I mean is it legally allowed or the H&C application gets refused automatically when the officials get to know that the applicant has left Canada after filing.

This overall exercise of visiting Canada and hiring a legal counsel involves some expenses and i just wanted to know if it is allowed at all. An answer shall be much appreciated.

Cheers
Not a chance for H.& C. if you are not going to reside in Canada.