+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Guy's don't decide to study in canada untill you read this post..

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
Interesting topic

While I don't agree with the data the OP presented, his point remains valid. Whether it be Canada or Australia or any other country, if they let you in as an international student, they expect you to study and contribute to their economy by paying fees and spending money in their country. It is not designed for you to make enough money to be able to sustain yourself, pay your fees and have savings. Anyone who tells you that this is possible is LYING TO YOU.

When you come to a foriegn country to study, do not expect to be in a situation where you are self sufficent. You will needs outside funds to support yourself. No exceptions.

Harjit Grewal

Feb 15, 2014
I was an immigration attorney in the UK and can tell you that the UK was good 5-6 years ago but not any more. The country is in a deep recession and immigrants and foreign students are not welcome there.

The education is expensive - $20,000 for tuition fees per year is the average.

Also you need to demonstrate that you have the following living expenses for each year of study in US Dollars:

Australia: $18,000.
Canada: $9,500.
New Zealand: $12,060.
UK: $19,000 (in London), $15,300 (outside London).

Finally the UK abolished its post-study work visa in 2012 which means you finish your studies and leave. In Canada, a 3-year PGWP is the norm and from June 2014, study at designated career colleges will also lead to PGWP.

The one thing I would say is that some students who complain don't do any research before they come to Canada. They should research the best cities to work and study in. The best cities for jobs in their field. The best institutes. Which occupations and skills are most in demand etc. Some times also agents do not guide students correctly but a student should seek a reputable agent who has experience of living in Canada and knows the reality on the ground and also do some reading for themselves.

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prakashgupta said:
Recently I have observed that more number of Indian students are selecting Canada as their study destination and one of my relatives called me and asked about the studies in Canada. i found that they are mainly concentrating on Earning money rather than study. So according to my personal experience i will suggest please don't come to Canada, choose a better option like Australia/USA/UK for earning money. the main reason is In Canada there is a scarcity of jobs if you are lucky enough to find a job it wont pay you well.
For better example Canada
you are investing 28000 CAD $ per year inclusive of everything (FEE+living+misc)
so luckily if you find a student job they will pay you not more than 10$-15$ per hour
so if you work 30 hrs per week (actually they permit you only for 20hrs)
if you get an average of 12$per hr(occasionally) you can make 1500$monthly
after all these Canada is frozen for at least 3 months at that period the prices of food will hike a little bit
and during this period no one will dare to come out and work.
IT WILL TAKE 19 Months to Get your invested money back
Let us take Australia(this is my friends opinion not mine as i never went there)
In Australia
we can find more number of part time jobs easily available to any one
which pays you around min 16$(a floor cleaner can earn this amount) to 30$ medium skilled worker like petrol bunk worker can get 23aud per hour so if you work 30 hr per week 2800 AUD monthly so if you use 800 aud monthly u can save 2000/month which can be used for next sems fee.
you can easily get a job which pays you more than 6000 to 9000 aud per month after your graduation
PR options are same for Canada and Australia (which you have to score in IELTS rest you can manage easily any way)

like wise in UK also...............u can make more money

in Canada
2 years are wasted studying.
OK somehow you have finished your studies.
Then the main struggle starts you can easily get 3year PGWP but you wont get a job. to get a job you must gain Canadian experience no one will consider you if you are a fresher. so you have to work Voluntarily/internship for at least one year(it can increase if you go core side like electronics,communication,mechanical,mining etc etc but it will be easy for IT/CSE people). again 1 year is wasted from there after you have to struggle to get a job which pays you about 4000-6000 CAD $(MAX)
OK if you manage to get a job in 3 years you are lucky if not you have to spent more to remain there.

i can tell you several odd things but these are the basic(you may encounter Racism mainly if you are in Quebec,and in some parts of Toronto but for north Indians they can manage as they are huge in number crawling on the streets without any work / doing some cleaning/flyer distribution works etc etc...you may have to shift provinces to get PR cause Ontario has the stupidest rules)
after bearing all these you can manage to get PR by minimum 5-7 years according to present situations.
and can earn up to 20L-max 50L in this period

if you want to earn money choose other countries, the is best Australia,UK,USA,Luxembourg, Belgium, France.as i have friends in all those countries am the stupidest person and a fool who come to Canada for earning money now am in a big trap so i have no option.... except wait for PR and move to USA....and also canadian taxing system F****.......

i have written this post on my personal experience and i have observed several persons suffering like me.

so don't dream about making money in canada guys you have to dream only about PR thats it.

Mr Prakash Gupta

WOW! I mean I am really surprised to see so much negativity in your post. BTW, what were you expecting when you came here? That people would be waiting at your doorstep with job offers and exceptional pay packages? You have just graduated from college? What was the pay package you were expecting? $8000 a month? $10,000? I think between $4000 and $6000 a month is a good starting salary. I guess you have an over inflated opinion of yourself.

Whichever country you go to you have to work hard. Even if you had stayed back in India - you would have to work hard, unless your family owns businesses. I get the feeling from your post that your expectations were unrealistic and unreasonable.

I mean, come on......"nobody works for 3 months because its cold"...... well,if you dont want to work for 3 months, that does not mean others dont want to. And, when you were coming to Canada, were you not aware of the weather here? Did you not do your research? I dont get those people who come to Canada and then, complain about the cold.

Also, when you applied to come here for studies, did you not go over your financial status? You were here to study, not to work and earn money. If that was your primary goal then, you should have come here on work visa. Getting a part time job should be every student's secondary goal. And the part time job during college is only supposed to help you with some expenditures, it is not supposed to help you build up your bank balance.

and finally, that sentence about Racism.....really? Your sentence about racism itself contained a very racist remark about north indians. Oh!well, since YOU said it , its not racism. Hypocritical, isnt it? And, this American dream that you have --- do you think you will not have to work hard there? Do you think there is no racism there? If you do, you are living in a fool's world.

Also, just a FYI, the taxes you are paying is the one that provides you OHIP, provides good education for free in schools, provides road infrastructure, pays for the military, provides child support etc etc. The system may not be perfect but its ridiculous when you criticize it. Kyonki hamare yahaan har roz log sadak par marte hain, roads toot rahin hain, medical costs badte ja rahe hain aur politicians apni pocketain bhar rahe hain. If you prefer that, feel free to leave.

You wont be missed here.

STOP blaming Canada for your inadequacies and your laziness.

aamro1992

Jul 10, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-March-2017
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-June-2017
LANDED..........
01-Sep-2017
What bullshit post is this by OP
I am now in my third year at Waterloo and i am now used to cold. Its normal life during winter and there is no price hike or anything. Volunteering is easy if you go out of your comfort zone and people here are as helpful as their job requires them to be. Stop scaring people, Jesus.

Canada is a great country indeed

Wordlife

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2013
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
Sukh wele shukrana, dukh wele ardaas... har wele simran!!
I got job on campus within 3 weeks of starting college! All you need is to have knowledge of job you are applying to, related experience with proof and good interview/ communication skills! Students studying here from past 2 years didn't get that job but I did on arrival. Don't blame the system. They chose me over locals! I could not believe it for a moment. If you have the talent, if you have the ingredients, you will blend in perfectly. As a reminder, my job is white collar stuff... i got an office with nice biggg computer and free coffee lol. And it only pays my rent, food, cell phone bill and insurance (approx $700) and some get deducted in taxes, random clubbing etc. College fee is totally different thing. Summer jobs may pay for one or two semesters but thats about it. And i didnt know anyone when i came here. Majority of my friends are local canadians from european or native backgrounds and they have been awesome to me. I love them. They hooked me up with summer jobs, take me to city rides, pick-up and drop off from college and dinners/clubbing/sports etc. My life was never this awesome. Its not about what religion you follow or where you come from, what matters is how good to communicate and how honestly you do it. I live in -30C and I am in my tshirt only in college, gym, office and home! Dont tell me its cold! I got cold when it was 10C in india but i never got sick in -30C here! Maybe I lucked out or something, but its same for my friends. They love it here even with labour jobs!

prakashgupta

Mar 6, 2014
Hi guy's please don't miss-understand me, as am not protesting any one who are willing to come to Canada what i am saying is if you have proper funds for your college fees and other unexpected expenses you are welcome (as u can manage your living cost by doing some part time jobs however you need to bring minimum 4-5 months of living cost amount with you) mainly what am pointing is some students coming here are dreaming to make millions of rupees by making some jobs etc etc...for those people my advice is u cant even make your college fee k.....your part time money will barely supports for your living that's it k............ .you have to struggle hard for minimum of 4-5 years to settle here.......i personally encountered several students who are coming here with few money and they are feeling to shy to ask few more money from their parents when needed/their parents are not able to bear those amounts so they are struggling hard......and leaving their studies and going in a wrong track actually they are good but the situations making them like that......
some people are saying that Canada is changing their rules to favor students but they don't know how you are going to be affected by those rules i have an explanation for each and every rule that has changed recently

Canada is Following UK k. you are stupid enough to believe those rules and cannot predict the future........Actually the thing is Canada is a multi-cultural society but due to its previous immigration rules it is polluted by each and every nation and the native Canadians are protesting to change the immigration rules... previously Canada needs more population so they created a easy immigration system...... but now they had enough urban development and some provinces like B.C have already started to control population to maintain balance in the society........ by the new rules they are going to suck your money and leave you........no one is stupid in this country to barely watch foreigners who are exploiting their economy.......

i think some people responding to this post don't have a possession to reply k.....have you ever been here(Canada)......r you experienced in everything?

some one posted that he has got a campus job in 3 weeks oh well done boy how much you r getting 700buks wowwwwww really excellent i never seen such a lot of money in my life...have you read the complete post? am talking about College Fee buddy not about your talent in getting a campus job k i earned double the money by working in a transport company lol!

if u have any doubts post a reply................

Wordlife

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2013
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
Sukh wele shukrana, dukh wele ardaas... har wele simran!!
lol. U r hilarious. This is where the narrow mindset hits fresh immigrants. You failed to read the crucial points like locals helping me (anti-racism) + talent (yours skills that will make you successful) + communication (networking and the way you need to blend in) + the fact that part time job will only pay for your monthly expenses and nothing more but u did remember to focus on 700$!! I am assuming you had hard time here to which i would truly sympathize with u with whole heart. Maybe u have seen things that i havent so i dont intend to be mean or insulting to you as u were merely expressing your experience. But i can tell u one thing, i've come here for better life, safer future and beautiful society not just money. And its not the 700 that makes me happy but the fact that how i was treated equally and given a fair chance plus I'm getting paid canadian office job experience!! On a second thought, why are you arguing? I just said the same thing that u said! ROFL! And relax bro.. theres GIC($10,000) which is sort of mandatory now and takes good care of students for one year!

Serendipity14

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
Then the main struggle starts you can easily get 3year PGWP but you wont get a job. to get a job you must gain Canadian experience no one will consider you if you are a fresher. so you have to work Voluntarily/internship for at least one year(it can increase if you go core side like electronics,communication,mechanical,mining etc etc but it will be easy for IT/CSE people). again 1 year is wasted from there after you have to struggle to get a job which pays you about 4000-6000 CAD $(MAX)
OK if you manage to get a job in 3 years you are lucky if not you have to spent more to remain there.
How true is this part? I mean, I do understand that the companies might prefer candidates with canadian educational background over others and the fact that there's competition everywhere (no point whining over it) but still is it that hard to get a good job with sufficient pay (not expecting exorbitant pays)?

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prakashgupta said:
Hi guy's please don't miss-understand me, as am not protesting any one who are willing to come to Canada what i am saying is if you have proper funds for your college fees and other unexpected expenses you are welcome (as u can manage your living cost by doing some part time jobs however you need to bring minimum 4-5 months of living cost amount with you)
What's wrong with that?

mainly what am pointing is some students coming here are dreaming to make millions of rupees by making some jobs etc etc...for those people my advice is u cant even make your college fee k.....your part time money will barely supports for your living that's it k............ .you have to struggle hard for minimum of 4-5 years to settle here.......i personally encountered several students who are coming here with few money and they are feeling to shy to ask few more money from their parents when needed/their parents are not able to bear those amounts so they are struggling hard......and leaving their studies and going in a wrong track actually they are good but the situations making them like that......
Actually, those cases mostly are to be blamed on agents who are lying, just to make it look good so that ignorant people, like yourself, who don't do their own research by checking official websites, talking to the advisors on their campus (can be done via email), get on forums and read experiences from others, fail and blame everyone but themselves. You see, you can sit there and complain as much as you want that "so and so" told you, but the one who is at fault of putting you in this situation is - YOURSELF!

some people are saying that Canada is changing their rules to favor students but they don't know how you are going to be affected by those rules i have an explanation for each and every rule that has changed recently
WRONG! Immigration are saying that they are changing the rules to strengthen the international student program. This is done to stop crappy schools from being part of the program so that only schools who can actually teach and educate people will be allowed to accept international student. We don't need another situation like up in Sask where the campus is so full of non speaking english students just because the campus has accepted whomever. The PRIMARY reason to come here as an international student is to STUDY.

Canada is Following UK k.
Are you kidding me? Have you actually lived there? Do you know how bad it is in UK? Do you know that in UK, immigration (those LEAVING UK) is the equivalent of one Boeing 747 full of people leaving - every day. Have you experienced the rasism, the gender segregation, the class system there? Canada is no where near the same.

you are stupid enough to believe those rules and cannot predict the future........Actually the thing is Canada is a multi-cultural society but due to its previous immigration rules it is polluted by each and every nation and the native Canadians are protesting to change the immigration rules...
The native Canadian mostly lives in reservations. Everyone else all have an immigrant background. The native, or more commonly called first nations, are not involved in the decission making of the immigration program.

previously Canada needs more population so they created a easy immigration system...... but now they had enough urban development and some provinces like B.C have already started to control population to maintain balance in the society........ by the new rules they are going to suck your money and leave you........no one is stupid in this country to barely watch foreigners who are exploiting their economy.......
Ok, again, the primary reason for an international student to come here is to STUDY. Then they should leave. It says so in our study permit application package. You have to prove strong family ties to your home country. If your primary reason to come here to study was for immigration purposes and you either didn't get your PGWP so that you can apply for PR eventually, or failed your classes (Judging by your english, I believe the latter is the primary reason for your hate.), or did get your PGWP but couldn't find a job (Judging by your attitude, I wouldn't be surprised if that was a reason.), then you have no-one to blame but yourself for not understanding what the PRIMARY rules behind the student program.

i think some people responding to this post don't have a possession to reply k.....have you ever been here(Canada)......r you experienced in everything?
I don't think you possess a command of the english language to be taken seriously or even post this. No properly structured sentences, wrongful use of words, no capitalization at the start of each sentence, no proper punctuation, and so on.... Come to think of it, did you actually study in Canada at all? You would have known how to do all of that if you had. I'm still in class and learning, every day.

some one posted that he has got a campus job in 3 weeks oh well done boy how much you r getting 700buks wowwwwww really excellent i never seen such a lot of money in my life...have you read the complete post? am talking about College Fee buddy not about your talent in getting a campus job k i earned double the money by working in a transport company lol!
Campus jobs are part time and they pay minimum wage, or slightly above - that's it. Had you done your research in advance, you would have known that and it wouldn't have come as a shock to you. You have NO ONE to blame for your failure than yourself because you didn't do your research in advance. You more than likely listened to an agent who painted gold lined streets and a bucket of gold at the end of each rainbow and that you'd be working in management from day one with a $3k weekly pay check. Blame yourself for being dumb enough to believe it. Thankfully, the new rules mean that less students like you will enter Canada, leaving more space for us who come here to learn.

There are plenty on my campus who found jobs within a few weeks. I'm not one of them, but I'm not complaining.

if u have any doubts post a reply................
Nah. I don't have any doubts. I did my due diligence. I did my research. I visited the country several times (first time several decades ago). I knew what I was getting myself in to so I am not disappointed with my experience here.

I don't even doubt that you don't have a foggiest idea what you are on about. You're just throwing out random hate, just to blame everything else for your failure, than yourself.

Good luck wherever you are. You will continue to fail unless you change your attitude and start taking responsibility for yourself.

vipsv

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
Wordlife said:
lol. U r hilarious. This is where the narrow mindset hits fresh immigrants. You failed to read the crucial points like locals helping me (anti-racism) + talent (yours skills that will make you successful) + communication (networking and the way you need to blend in) + the fact that part time job will only pay for your monthly expenses and nothing more but u did remember to focus on 700$!! I am assuming you had hard time here to which i would truly sympathize with u with whole heart. Maybe u have seen things that i havent so i dont intend to be mean or insulting to you as u were merely expressing your experience. But i can tell u one thing, i've come here for better life, safer future and beautiful society not just money. And its not the 700 that makes me happy but the fact that how i was treated equally and given a fair chance plus I'm getting paid canadian office job experience!! On a second thought, why are you arguing? I just said the same thing that u said! ROFL! And relax bro.. theres GIC($10,000) which is sort of mandatory now and takes good care of students for one year!

Haha, why being so personal on public forum. This is the first thing Canadians will try not to do. Anywayz, lets be honest, everybody has some issues, be it personal or professional.I remember when i said negitive points about centennial, people almost about to profile me as failure /racist or what not.
But there were 3 students who agreed to my points later they came to centennial. One was user "HELL...".
Guys, cmon, at least listen what the thread starter wants to say. If you not agree to his points just tell him the reason for that, rather than personal banging or name calling.
And here is the reply,its true life is fully hand to mouth here. Hardly any saving whether you are FT or PT. And i acknowledge his view on low per hour rate.
We all want to listen/hear/see what pleases us. He is right about present immigration situations. People are being rejected,programs are being stopped. Taxes are high.He did not compare immigration policies of Canada with any other country, He just mentioned it is getting difficult. Aren't we acknowledge the same .
My cousin sister wasted almost 2 years in ON and AB, without any job in her field. Its not luck.
I acknowledge that he was bit radical about Canadian being racists. These loving people are nicest on this earth, much better than my fellow Indians. as you can see in this forum.

Let be honest, points he raised regarding low salary, high taxes, difficult immigration (than before) are true, Comparing to UK , situation is nicer.
Yet if you want to earn fast money in Indian Rupees, AUS is the best choice.(personal View)

OKK.. now please attack on me. Please start name calling....

r4j

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
baba ji es war mehar kariyo
LANDED..........
pata nai kado hona
??? :mad: please don't fight :(

th3.rdx

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey noob poster ..

What are you talking about ??

I am a North Indian , and i am not crawling for job anywhere ??

And even i can get jobs for people like you , if you are really desperate .!!

Any canadian student ( toronto ) can call me anytime , if you people want a job ( 6476561245 ) for 1800cad / mnth ..

What else you have expected when you came to Canada .

And i am not any unique one , there are many other people who can get you work like me .. you know why because we have business network in CAnada.

Which you don't have and that's the reason you are so desperate

r4j

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pata nai kado hona
th3.rdx said:
Hey noob poster ..

What are you talking about ??

I am a North Indian , and i am not crawling for job anywhere ??

And even i can get jobs for people like you , if you are really desperate .!!

Any canadian student ( toronto ) can call me anytime , if you people want a job ( 6476561245 ) for 1800cad / mnth ..

What else you have expected when you came to Canada .

And i am not any unique one , there are many other people who can get you work like me .. you know why because we have business network in CAnada.

Which you don't have and that's the reason you are so desperate
Trust me... I am lier :p

r4j

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...