CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Seems like the number listed specifically mentions that they dont provide information about IRCC or transfers call to the IRCC. This number is for Global Affairs Canada. Can some one share the information to contact IRCC other than email ? I have a trip planned to Vancouver in April to complete the PR process, my one time visa expires on April 22. Wanted to check with them if there is a possibility of extension of the visa because of the ongoing issue around the world. Anyone can help me out how to proceed ?
Download TextNow. Get an Ontario number. Dial 888-242-2100 in TextNow. It uses data/wifi not voice minutes, and is free.

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Seems like the number listed specifically mentions that they dont provide information about IRCC or transfers call to the IRCC. This number is for Global Affairs Canada. Can some one share the information to contact IRCC other than email ? I have a trip planned to Vancouver in April to complete the PR process, my one time visa expires on April 22. Wanted to check with them if there is a possibility of extension of the visa because of the ongoing issue around the world. Anyone can help me out how to proceed ?
Did you manage to enter country during covid-19 situation . Please let me know as i am in same boat and trying to enter country

dburrows5

Oct 10, 2020
These instructions no longer work since Global Affairs no longer transfers to IRCC.

The good news is that you can still call. Get the TextNow app and do not let it auto select an area code. Use 416 for the area code and it will give you a Canadian number. You can then dial the 888 IRCC number using data/WiFi in the app from any country.
The TextNow App worked like a Charm!!! Thanks Bro. This was so so useful.

yusuffy1

Oct 22, 2020
The TextNow App worked like a Charm!!! Thanks Bro. This was so so useful.
I downloaded TextNow App from AppStore and installed, in other to use i was prompted to sign up to get a free local phone number and its give give me this error "Please check your internet connection and try again" I have tried several times but same error pops up. Kindly put me in details on how you are able to achieve yours. PS: I want to call IRCC from Nigeria using the TextNow App. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

yusuffy1

Oct 22, 2020
Good day All,

I downloaded TextNow App from AppStore and installed, in other to use i was prompted to sign up to get a free local phone number and its give give me this error "Please check your internet connection and try again" I have tried several times but same error pops up. Kindly put me in details on how you are able to achieve yours. PS: I want to call IRCC from Nigeria using the TextNow App. Thanks in advance.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Good day All,

Please don't post exact duplicate posts.

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
Tried the TextNow and then Callback approach today (from US).. worked like charm. Thank you all who paved the way :)

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Tried the TextNow and then Callback approach today (from US).. worked like charm. Thank you all who paved the way :)
Glad it worked for you. Also glad to hear they have a callback option now. That has to be way better than what we used to deal with.

sashua

Feb 12, 2021
Thanks so much for all the tips in this Forum.

The TextNow + 888-242-2100 (#2210) option worked well till last week.
Now I'm getting "Due to High Volume, Cannot transfer call. GoodBye" message. I tried at various times of the day to get the same message.

Is there any other way to call IRCC?

Tej02

Star Member
May 19, 2021
Dial this number from US - *67 613-944-4000 . Use Google Hangouts for dialing. It works 100%.

*67 is basically to mask the caller identification. It will help from getting disconnected because you dialed from outside Canada.
Hi,
How do.i call through Google Hangouts?

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Hi,
How do.i call through Google Hangouts?
Use TextNow (free) app to get a free Canadian number. Don't use hangouts. Don't use *67.

Tej02

Star Member
May 19, 2021
Use TextNow (free) app to get a free Canadian number. Don't use hangouts. Don't use *67.
Thank you, I tried calling today and got a computerized response from them. but couldn't speak to a customer. It just said what was present in my application on IRCC website. will agents give much more information than that? If we talk to them.