+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Guidelines to call IRCC CIC from US

techie12

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
These instructions no longer work since Global Affairs no longer transfers to IRCC.

The good news is that you can still call. Get the TextNow app and do not let it auto select an area code. Use 416 for the area code and it will give you a Canadian number. You can then dial the 888 IRCC number using data/WiFi in the app from any country.
Thanks a lot.This one worked :)

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
These instructions no longer work since Global Affairs no longer transfers to IRCC.

The good news is that you can still call. Get the TextNow app and do not let it auto select an area code. Use 416 for the area code and it will give you a Canadian number. You can then dial the 888 IRCC number using data/WiFi in the app from any country.
Thanks for suggesting this app buddy! This looks good to call US and Canada with a Canadian number. Great job SFO guys :D.

Reactions: USProgrammer

Naveenandtina

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
AOR Received.
19-12-2018

Hi..
Can you explain a bit more... what is 888 IRCC number?
im downloading the app right now....

Oct 25, 2019
This is what I followed:

Call +67-613-944-4000 from Google hangout dialer.
67 masks the ID.
These are the menu options.

1- English
1 - Immigration, passport, VISA
1 - IRCC
Call transferred to CIC.

1- Check processing
1 - application
2- become a PR
2 - application starts with E
enter application followed by #
1 - to ensure what your application is correct
enter date of birth
1 - to ensure what your application is correct
1 - to proceed to status
0 - agent

If you call at the right time, then you get transferred to the agent and out in queue. If the call volume is really high then you may need to wait.
What should I type in for application number? I only have UCI, etc.

amirK

Jun 11, 2019
Application number will be your E***** number.
it keeps ringing any suggestion on reaching 888 242-2100 please.

sanucan

Nov 15, 2019
Hi, does anyone know how to reach cic on phone?
I tried calling 888 number via textnow app, but it always goes on hold and then gets disconnected.
I also tried 613 number via textnow app, but after selecting options 1-2, it asks to go with web form and call gets disconnected again.

Also, for text now, I did selected 416 as my area code(Canada code), but I get a US number.
Is that the reason for call going on hold or disconnected?

Is there any other option? or I am choosing wrong app?

sanucan

Nov 15, 2019

Hi, I tried 416, but the numbers generated were US numbers.
Were you getting Canadian numbers to choose from?

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
Hi, does anyone know how to reach cic on phone?
I tried calling 888 number via textnow app, but it always goes on hold and then gets disconnected.
I also tried 613 number via textnow app, but after selecting options 1-2, it asks to go with web form and call gets disconnected again.

Also, for text now, I did selected 416 as my area code(Canada code), but I get a US number.
Is that the reason for call going on hold or disconnected?

Is there any other option? or I am choosing wrong app?
Don't go by 416. Choose by location (Toronto, Vancouver, etc). That way you would get a Canadian number for sure. At least that's how I got in the past. Good luck!

praveenmacha

Jan 18, 2018

Hi,
I tried this, but when I tried giving 416 as my area code it is not providing any number and showing message as something went wrong. Please suggest me on this. I really need to contact IRCC soon.

sanucan

Nov 15, 2019
Don't go by 416. Choose by location (Toronto, Vancouver, etc). That way you would get a Canadian number for sure. At least that's how I got in the past. Good luck!
ok, thanks. will try that.
Cant change my number for next 11 days.

yamakart

Mar 16, 2019

Thanks Much for Sharing this. It worked perfectly

Reactions: USProgrammer