+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Guide for a quick study permit approval (for Indians and foreign citizens)

NPuri

Aug 12, 2016
Canadian higher education institutions are sought after by Indian students due to their cost effectiveness versus other countries like United States and the high level of education, combined with the international exposure.
Unfortunately these days , the Canadian study permit has started becoming a major roadblock for Indian students. I applied for my study permit on 29th July and received it on 5th of August 2016. Here I would like share some tips for a quick permit approval.

1. Be truthful - If you have 3+ backlogs, failed in a subject or got your permit refused earlier, mention it in SOP. Let the officer know the reason why it happened and what changes you have bought in you to make sure it won't happen again. Make your failure your strength and tell the officer how it made you better than before.

2. Have interest in your chosen field - I had not studied economics in 11th and 12th but still received a a permit for my chosen economics course. I let the officer why I still love the subject and why this program is perfect for me. Do not study a subject for future job prospects ,study what you would like,what interests you.

3. Mention why you chose the university and the location - Make sure you let the officer know why the university is right for you, its reputation in your course. If you apply in a extremely unknown university, the officer would doubt your intentions and think you want to settle in Canada by means of study.

4. One big co-curricular achievement is better than many small achievements - Mention your interests outside of your subject , this would let him know you who you are as a person.

5. Make sure to mention reasons why you will not stay in Canada after your studies. Mention opportunities in India. The officer thinking that you want to settle in Canada is a major reason for refusal of visa.

Lastly, chill out and relax before writing the SOP. The officer is there to help you and will not reject your permit until and unless there are major reason(s). Be confident in your SOP and make sure the officer gets a positive impression of you. Best of luck!

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
NPuri said:
Canadian higher education institutions are sought after by Indian students due to their cost effectiveness versus other countries like United States and the high level of education, combined with the international exposure.
Unfortunately these days , the Canadian study permit has started becoming a major roadblock for Indian students. I applied for my study permit on 29th July and received it on 5th of August 2016. Here I would like share some tips for a quick permit approval.

1. Be truthful - If you have 3+ backlogs, failed in a subject or got your permit refused earlier, mention it in SOP. Let the officer know the reason why it happened and what changes you have bought in you to make sure it won't happen again. Make your failure your strength and tell the officer how it made you better than before.

2. Have interest in your chosen field - I had not studied economics in 11th and 12th but still received a a permit for my chosen economics course. I let the officer why I still love the subject and why this program is perfect for me. Do not study a subject for future job prospects ,study what you would like,what interests you.

3. Mention why you chose the university and the location - Make sure you let the officer know why the university is right for you, its reputation in your course. If you apply in a extremely unknown university, the officer would doubt your intentions and think you want to settle in Canada by means of study.

4. One big co-curricular achievement is better than many small achievements - Mention your interests outside of your subject , this would let him know you who you are as a person.

5. Make sure to mention reasons why you will not stay in Canada after your studies. Mention opportunities in India. The officer thinking that you want to settle in Canada is a major reason for refusal of visa.

Lastly, chill out and relax before writing the SOP. The officer is there to help you and will not reject your permit until and unless there are major reason(s). Be confident in your SOP and make sure the officer gets a positive impression of you. Best of luck!
Very well said. I left out number 4 on purpose because of max 1 page SOP advice that I got. Your enumeration would be quite helpful for the aspiring student. Cheers

hir3

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Thanks for the guidance, It will surely help future applicants.!

By the way, you applied in India? you said you applied on 29th july, and received on 5th august! That is super super fast. It is not even a full week: just 4 working days! :eek: really?

Congratulations!!

NPuri

Aug 12, 2016
hir3 said:
Thanks for the guidance, It will surely help future applicants.!

By the way, you applied in India? you said you applied on 29th july, and received on 5th august! That is super super fast. It is not even a full week: just 4 working days! :eek: really?

Congratulations!!

Yes , In applied on 29th July evening, and on august 5 evening it showed visa has been approved. Collected my passport on Monday. I myself was surprised at such an early decision.

joshuac

Jun 24, 2016
If Canada wants people with high education to immigrate, and there are several ways to do so including doing college/Uni in Canada, i wonder why the Immigration Officers Refuse the student visa applications if they mention They intend to settle in Canada after their studies???