+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

guidance needed

mjd

Jul 26, 2005
hi

I applied from islamabad in august 2001 and still waiting for a call from embassy. I score 69 according to the old system and 61 in new system. I haven't updated my form. please tell me what should i do? should i wait more or.........?

thanx

mjd

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mjd said:
hi

I applied from islamabad in august 2001 and still waiting for a call from embassy. I score 69 according to the old system and 61 in new system. I haven't updated my form. please tell me what should i do? should i wait more or.........?

thanx

mjd
I assume that you did not opt out of the Rasolzadeh v. M.C.I.
decision so the following applies to you:

"MCI’s Processing Timeframes based upon the Year in which Class Members’ Applications were submitted to MCI:
MCI shall make selection decisions for each group of Class Members, in accordance with the applicable timelines listed below:
50% of the class, including all applications submitted in 1999 or earlier, will receive selection decisions within 12 months of final settlement (as defined below), regardless of visa office;
All applications submitted in 2000 will receive selection decisions within 24 months of final settlement, regardless of visa office;
All applications submitted in 2001 will receive selection decisions within 42 months of final settlement."

So you will receive a decision by 42 months after the 14/03/05. Sometime before 14/09/08 you will be required to update your application and submit IELTS.

PMM

mjd

Jul 26, 2005
thank you PMM for your kind information.

Should I have opted out rasulzadeh v M C I? what are the advantages and disadvantages of this procedure?

Will they assess me against the both criteria or I will have to ask them for this?

Thanx

mjd

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mjd said:
thank you PMM for your kind information.

Should I have opted out rasulzadeh v M C I? what are the advantages and disadvantages of this procedure?

Will they assess me against the both criteria or I will have to ask them for this?

Thanx

mjd
Too late now, but they will assess your application under both sets of regulation automatically.

PMM

mjd

Jul 26, 2005
PMM said:
Hi

mjd said:
hi

thanx

mjd

"MCI’s Processing Timeframes based upon the Year in which Class Members’ Applications were submitted to MCI:
MCI shall make selection decisions for each group of Class Members, in accordance with the applicable timelines listed below:
50% of the class, including all applications submitted in 1999 or earlier, will receive selection decisions within 12 months of final settlement (as defined below), regardless of visa office;
All applications submitted in 2000 will receive selection decisions within 24 months of final settlement, regardless of visa office;
All applications submitted in 2001 will receive selection decisions within 42 months of final settlement."

So you will receive a decision by 42 months after the 14/03/05. Sometime before 14/09/08 you will be required to update your application and submit IELTS.

PMM
PMM please tell me will they inform me before taking any decision or not? Will they ask me to submit IELTS and update my application? I have taken IELTS but dont want to submit beacuse I need to improve.

Thanx
MJD

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mjd said:
PMM said:
Hi

mjd said:
hi

thanx

mjd

PMM
PMM please tell me will they inform me before taking any decision or not? Will they ask me to submit IELTS and update my application? I have taken IELTS but dont want to submit beacuse I need to improve.

Thanx
MJD
They will inform you of either their decision or for you to update your application and submit proof of language ability IELTS.

PMM

aysomtin

Star Member
Jul 1, 2005
PMM, thanks for this explanation so where does someone like me stands, submitted in january 2002 and got ARO in april 2002. Just got a request for resubmission of my applications, proof of fund, IELTS etc few months ago.

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

aysomtin said:
PMM, thanks for this explanation so where does someone like me stands, submitted in january 2002 and got ARO in april 2002. Just got a request for resubmission of my applications, proof of fund, IELTS etc few months ago.

Thanks
Your application does not fall under the settelement as it was submitted after 01/01/02 so it appears that you are now getting the Intial Assessment, it shouldn;t be much longer, if you pass, you will get medical request.

PMM

aysomtin

Star Member
Jul 1, 2005
PMM, I ve gotten an assesment before, done medical since 2003, submitted proof of fund even paid my RPRF since only for my file to be transfered from Buffalo to Ghana ( guess bcos am from west africa)

Just got another letter requesting for series of dox - new forms, proof of fund, employer's letter, even to do proficiency of english that never was there before....

Just getting confused, pls advise

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

quote="aysomtin"]PMM, I ve gotten an assesment before, done medical since 2003, submitted proof of fund even paid my RPRF since only for my file to be transfered from Buffalo to Ghana ( guess bcos am from west africa)

Just got another letter requesting for series of dox - new forms, proof of fund, employer's letter, even to do proficiency of english that never was there before....

Just getting confused, pls advise[/quote]

The only thing that you can do is submit what they ask. I would suggest that you get your CAIPS file to find out what is going on in your file.

PMM

mjd

Jul 26, 2005
PMM, Please tell me what is this CAIPS file and can I get mine?
If yes, how?
Do they charge for this?
What are the benifits of getting this and is there any loss of getting this?

Mjd

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mjd said:
PMM, Please tell me what is this CAIPS file and can I get mine?
If yes, how?
Do they charge for this?
What are the benifits of getting this and is there any loss of getting this?

Mjd
IF you don't have anyone in Canada to apply for your CAIPS notes, you can use one of the services, such as http://www.caips.ca/index.shtml or
http://www.caipsnotes.com/Get.shtml Costs about $40. It contains the points, assessment, and notes from the officer about any concerns s/he has about your application.

PMM

aysomtin

Star Member
Jul 1, 2005
PMM, thanks for the advice.

I think I want to get that to know what is the concern expressed for transfering my file from Bufallo to NY then to Ghana and having submitted everything - medicals, proof of fund, employers letter and even paid RPRF, a fresh request was received again for all these stuff plus proficiency in English again ( which was nt requested initially)

It's rather getting too long for my sake, AOR was gotten in Apr 2002!

Thanks.

Will do that right away!