+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Guidance need on a refused application in 2018

Zarkang

Dec 1, 2023
Dear friends, I hope this message finds you well. My wife sponsored me, and our application was refused in 2018. We lost our case in court as well. The reasons were the age gap, spending less time together, and a simple wedding with a few friends. We are still in touch and always speak on a daily basis. via emails and Facebook. We met this year in the U.A.E. and spent 18 days together. We are planning to meet again in the coming year.

Dear Seniors, Please guide me. When should we apply again? What else should we do to win our case this time ?

Thank you very much for your time and reply !!

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Dear friends, I hope this message finds you well. My wife sponsored me, and our application was refused in 2018. We lost our case in court as well. The reasons were the age gap, spending less time together, and a simple wedding with a few friends. We are still in touch and always speak on a daily basis. via emails and Facebook. We met this year in the U.A.E. and spent 18 days together. We are planning to meet again in the coming year.

Dear Seniors, Please guide me. When should we apply again? What else should we do to win our case this time ?

Now. Why wait? I would have reapplied after losing the appeal.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

How much time have you spent together since 2018?

Do you have joint bank accounts? Jointly owned property?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

So after refusal in 2018, you've only met her again this year and only for 18 days? I think you need to spend more in person days together since the previous application was refused for not spending enough time together.

Reactions: Buletruck

Zarkang

Dec 1, 2023
So after refusal in 2018, you've only met her again this year and only for 18 days? I think you need to spend more in person days together since the previous application was refused for not spending enough time together.
THank you dear

MDBach

Sep 17, 2023

Did CIC refusal letter actually say they are refusing because of
1. The age gap?
2. The Wedding was a few simple friends?
3.Spending less time together
Or did they sum up all 3 reasons?
I can understand the refusal" of spending less time together,
but not refusals only based on age gap & small wedding.

MDBach

Sep 17, 2023

May i please ask how did you and your wife meet?
Did you know her before?
Or did you get married quickly right after *first* meeting?

Reactions: Zarkang

Zarkang

Dec 1, 2023
Did CIC refusal letter actually say they are refusing because of
1. The age gap?
2. The Wedding was a few simple friends?
3.Spending less time together
Or did they sum up all 3 reasons?
I can understand the refusal" of spending less time together,
but not refusals only based on age gap & small wedding.

Zarkang

Dec 1, 2023
Hello, thanks for your time. Yes, they summed up all three red flags you have mentioned. , We have an age difference, different religions and few friends at the wedding.
Well, we speak regularly and due to some reasons such as COVID-19 and other issues, we could not meet again and spend time together.

I will be waiting for your answer. Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, thanks for your time. Yes, they summed up all three red flags you have mentioned. , We have an age difference, different religions and few friends at the wedding.
Well, we speak regularly and due to some reasons such as COVID-19 and other issues, we could not meet again and spend time together.

I will be waiting for your answer. Thanks!
How much time exactly have you physically spent together since 2018?

Reactions: Zarkang

Zarkang

Dec 1, 2023
How much time exactly have you physically spent together since 2018?
Pardon me frien! I dnt exactly remember number of days. If I have to guess I would say , she was with me two times and each time it was not more than 20 days.