Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Msinghdba said:
Thanks buddy!!

Let me see if I can send you personal message.

Team- it would be great if still someone can through more light on this

Thanks,
-MS
Let me shed some light into how the job market works here
1. They look for Canadian experience no matter what!
2. Getting an interview call would take weeks - and its mostly unlikely if you are not in Canada. They mostly prefer a in-person Interview.
3. Certifications help!
4. References are a must..

More on these :-
1. This may sound absurd for any new immigrant, but that's how the system works here. But then for IT folks it always help if you are exposed to working for clients in North America or have experience working onsite. Do highlight such experiences in your resume
2. LinkedIn is the best bet, subscribe to the premium one for a month and inMail all recruiters. Add them to your network. Call them. Setup appointments. Meet them. Try to find references in companies who are willing to refer you.
3. PMP, or anyt other certifications you can gather please do so before you take the flight here.
4. Get good references, preferably your managers. So leave your current company in a good note!

Typically expect 2-3 weeks before you are called for an interview(again, all based on your experience, demand and luck ! ) Another 2 weeks for the process to be completed. Another 2-3 weeks for back ground checks.
So do keep 2-3 months of money to support you and your family. I would say more than what CIC recommends!

IT jobs are plenty and you can easily get a job and yes there is competition. So ensure that your resume looks good, apply for all available jobs and please be on time for the interview!

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello Everyone,

Apologize for the late replies - I had to deal with my own immigration problems at hand and is now sort of manageable, hence couldn't get to this right away.

Firstly I would like to thank everyone for their contribution to this forum and highly encourage everyone to share their experiences, esp members who are currently working in IT fields in Canada. I have seen a few thread directed to my name and will get to them in the next few days.

I myself may not be able to answer all the questions at hand. Having said that, there are many senior members who shed their knowledge and experience on the topic at hand and it gives me immense pleasure to see that and I hope everyone continues to do so, even in my absence.

ahmadka

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
Doc's Request.
07-08-2015
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
Thanks for starting this discussion Impresso .. Please also comment on my experience if possible .. I've received acceptance from University of Waterloo for this CS Masters program starting this Fall .. I'm trying to decide if I should attend or not, based on whether I'll be able to find a Software Dev job afterward or not ..

I have 3 years of BPM development experience, using Java, JavaScript and SQL Server .. I also have a previous MS in Computer Engineering from Georgia Tech in the US ..

So please let me know what are my chances of finding a job ..

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
ahmadka said:
Thanks for starting this discussion Impresso .. Please also comment on my experience if possible .. I've received acceptance from University of Waterloo for this CS Masters program starting this Fall .. I'm trying to decide if I should attend or not, based on whether I'll be able to find a Software Dev job afterward or not ..

I have 3 years of BPM development experience, using Java, JavaScript and SQL Server .. I also have a previous MS in Computer Engineering from Georgia Tech in the US ..

So please let me know what are my chances of finding a job ..
Hello ahmadka - firstly congratulations on your acceptance at Waterloo - it is quite a reputable university. In terms of finding a job, Waterloo has very good placements and co-op programs with many IT based industries in the surrounding area. Keep in mind in Canada, experiences counts first. Having said that Waterloo may very well place you in a company for co-op, how you perform and what they require are some variables that you may need to consider.

Another way you can look at this is - do you really need a MS degree to get a job ? Any other wise way to spend the money ? Something to think about

Menka2822

Apr 13, 2015
I am 27 year old and I have completed my graduation in Bsc. Mass Communication but I am working as Business Development Manager in an IT company for more than 5 years. Very soon I will be getting married to someone who has a Canadian PR. I have a good hold over English Language - Written and Spoken. I would like to know what are the best job prospects for me in Canada (British Columbia)?

Waiting and anticipation!

Best Regards

Soms

Apr 13, 2015
Re: IT Jobs in Canada

Hello Everyone,

I want to know about IT industry and getting job in Canada. I am having six years of experience on Java & J2EE Technologies and now i am working in reputed IT company. Please give me your suggestion.

Thanks
Soms

canadaqueries

Apr 16, 2015
Do you have any idea about CCNP jobs there. I am planning to move to canada by end of this year(PR). I have 6 years of experience, should i go for some other certifications as well

ampd2006

Apr 15, 2015
Hello Everyone ,

I am currently working as a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer and have more than 7 years of industry experience in both Manual and Automation Testing using Java. Can anyone tell me please how are the IT (Software Quality Assurance ) job requirements in Canada now ?

Thanks in Advance
:) :) :)

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
people please look at my thread.. we have some it jobs

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/jobs-in-my-company-t279924.0.html

anu123

Dec 24, 2014
Hi,
Iam anu...i will share my friend profile is any chance to get job opportunity at Canada. please suggest useful information.
Education --- MCA (Master of Computer Application) completed year 2012
Experience ---Having 3 years experience in SAP ABAP
Age ---25 years(DOB-8-8-1989)
Nationality ---India
Ielts score ---(S-6,L-6,R-6,W-6)
Marriage status ---single
How to get job opportunity in Canada?

Thank u,
anu.

new_beginning

Apr 21, 2015
Impresso said:
Hello Everyone,

I myself migrated to Canada in 2006, and since been working in the IT industry and currently work for VMware. Understand that getting a job here could be little painful - but I am more that happy to share my views and guidance to help anyone out. If you have any questions - please do let me know.

Looking forward to you sharing some experience.
I'm from Philippines and doing work for a bank as VMware admin. I do have my VCA cert and still working on my VCP5 cert. Hopefully before year ends we will settle in Mississauga. Will VCA cert and 2yrs work experience as VMware admin be enough to land same job in Canada? I do have 10yrs combined work experience in the IT field though, hopefully it goes smooth. But I am also mentally prepared to start at the bottom and build the career slowly and surely.

When u immigrate to Canada is the VMware your first job? Or also you did survival jobs or entry level IT jobs? Thanks so much.

alwaysonnet

May 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Nomination.....
21-10-2014
File Transfer...
04-12-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
21-01-2015<br>Third line ... : 28-01-2015<br>Decision made ... : 07-03-2015
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
10-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2015
anu123 said:
Hi,
Iam anu...i will share my friend profile is any chance to get job opportunity at Canada. please suggest useful information.
Nationality ---India

Thank u,
anu.
IELTS scores are far less and you are one of the aspirant trying to land in canada. How do you distinguish yourself from others?

To reach canada, apply via Express Entry. First thing, I'd recommend is to get a good scores in IELTS ( at least 2 8's and 2 7's in all modules). After that come back to the same forum and shoot all your questions. Here, for reaching canada, technology has nothing to do though you may be earning good salary package in India. All you need is visa in hand so that you can go there and search for a job.

Best of luck for your future endeavors.

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
anu123 said:
Hi,
Nationality ---India

Thank u,
anu.
I think my friend Alywaysonnet did gave a pretty decent answer. Here are my two cents, nobody gets a job opportunity. People have to find an opportunity. And to find one, you will need at least fluent English skills as well as right to work in Canada, unless you're talented enough to find an employer willing to sponsor your visa!

Generally speaking discussion in this tread only relates to those with right to work in Canada i.e. Canadian PR. If you wish to find a job in Canada, right now you should be focusing on your PR application in Express Entry section of the forum. And without better IELTS, you're going to find it hard to qualify for PR

Good luck!

SharathB

May 5, 2015
Impresso said:
Yes there are , depending you are able to show Canadian Exp with Project Management Skills , also certifications from pmi.org is valuable.
Hi Impresso,
thanks for the valuable advises. But, I was wondering about "Canadian experience" you're referring to here. Does that mean, one need to work in Canada or Canadian company before considering to miggarate or to stand a good chance of getting a job there?

VJ2015

Mar 13, 2015
Hi Impresso,

I am currently in India and have 9 years exp in SAP. I am seriously looking for Canada migration. I spoke with few placement agencies who are ready to offer Canada Work permit by charging some dollars. They want me to be in Canada under visitor visa and claiming this visitor visa will be converted into WP after I get a job. I have requested them to wait till this month end as I will complete my IELTS and WES, which I planned for Express entry profile. My own point calculation for EE (including spouse's) gives me only 300 points. So WP looks promising.

I am also ok to spend, stay in Canada and search job under visitor visa as I am jobless now. But while getting a WP, will there be a commitment to the placement agency as I should not leave them on my own ?