+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Guarantor signs before ceremony date!

Pcanadian

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hello all,
I have a question regarding passport application, hope anyone can help me with it.
My guarantor will leave the province 2 weeks before my ceremony date to another province and will stay there for one year. I can't find another guarantor.
Does anyone have any idea if he can sign the passport application and the photo before his departure or they won't accept it?
Help really appreciated!
Thanx

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Nop. He actually signs that he testifies that you're a Canadian citizen, and dates his testimony, so you obviously need to be Canadian.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hello all,
I have a question regarding passport application, hope anyone can help me with it.
My guarantor will leave the province 2 weeks before my ceremony date to another province and will stay there for one year. I can't find another guarantor.
Does anyone have any idea if he can sign the passport application and the photo before his departure or they won't accept it?
Help really appreciated!
Thanx
CAN he sign it? yes.
Will he misrepresent factual statements if he does? yes.
Will the passport office find out? Possibly, in case they call him.
Should you misrepresent yourself just days before or after you finally became a citizen. Maaaaaybe not. :)

So in short: No.

Note: If you can't find a guarantor, you can make a statutory declaration in lieu of a guarantor
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html

Reactions: GrantM and qorax

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
CAN he sign it? yes.
Will he misrepresent factual statements if he does? yes.
Will the passport office find out? Possibly, in case they call him.
Should you misrepresent yourself just days before or after you finally became a citizen. Maaaaaybe not. :)

So in short: No.

Note: If you can't find a guarantor, you can make a statutory declaration in lieu of a guarantor
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html

I become citizen Aug 14
My grantor sign in form 16 aug in form 17 aug in photo
I submit the form 17 aug with my sign

If the above is the case is it ok .

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
I become citizen Aug 14
My grantor sign in form 16 aug in form 17 aug in photo
I submit the form 17 aug with my sign

If the above is the case is it ok .
Of course is your case ok..the guarantor confirmed you are a Canadian citizen

But OP wants his/her guarantor to sign BEFORE s/he is a citizen. That's a No No.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Hello all,
Help really appreciated!
Thanx
I couldn't find any guarantor in my city so this is what I did: I sent the application form, photo and driver license copy to someone in another city, have him fill, sign and date wherever applicable, then mail everything back to me. That worked for me.

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
I couldn't find any guarantor in my city so this is what I did: I sent the application form, photo and driver license copy to someone in another city, have him fill, sign and date wherever applicable, then mail everything back to me. That worked for me.
Exactly. Good old Canada Post should be just fine for you!

Reactions: foodie69