+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GTF list: Make our own spreadsheet? Move liquor? Bring Medical records?

calismom

Feb 20, 2010
Hello all,
My husband will be crossing into Canada this weekend to do his "landing" and we are trying to compile our "goods to follow" list. We will be moving our entire household of belongings this fall. How detailed does this list need to be? Do we need to write it all out on the B4a form or can we create our own spreadsheet? Should we polish off our liquor cabinet here or try to move it? If they're open do they qualify as "used goods"? Boy, I wish they would provide you with this info when they stamp your passport...I feel like its one big guessing game.
Also - will he need to provide medical/dental records along with everything else when he crosses?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alcohol and tobacco can't be included in your goods to follow. It can be included in your regular allowance (which is something like 24 355mL cans/bottles of beer or 1.5L of wine or 1.14L of hard liquor), though.

I believe the form says you can include your own spreadsheet or shipping manifest as long as the goods are clearly identified (not "a few dozen boxes of stuff").