+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GT IELTS task 1 evaluation

surb123

Feb 15, 2010
Hi Team,

I need some help in getting my writing evaluated some of in the forum. Please help me with a rating so that I know where to improve.

Letter 1:

Topic: You are visiting another town next month for a short break. Write a letter to the tourist information centre.
In your letter:
a) tell them how long you are staying
b) ask for some suggestions for what to do
c) find out if there are any local events happening at the time

My name is Suresh and I am currently residing in Bangalore. I am taking a short vacation next month to Mysore, a nearby town, for a period of two weeks. It will be grateful if you could provide me with some information about the city to help plan my trip well.

Since Mysore is home for some of the most beautiful monuments, it will be great if you could help me in identifying the most prominent one's to cover in two weeks. Also request you to recommend a few places to visit, especially that involves seeing and experiencing village life, seeing wild animals and residing in a peaceful surroundings of the beach.

I have heard that, there are lot of events conducted by the local people in April. Can you please confirm if any events are taking place in April? I am interested in experiencing the renowned kite festival and participating in the International Exhibition. May I request you to confirm if these events are happening and their dates?

Sincerely,

Suresh

Letter 2

Topic: You are supposed to go on an interview in a few weeks, but you have since found out you cannot go on the date arranged. Write a letter to the potential employer. In your letter
a) tell them why you need to move the inter time
b) ask to change the interview date
c) explain that you are still interested in being interviewd for the job

My name is Suresh Kumar and I have got an appointment to attend a face to face interview with your MD on 3rd April for the position Assistant VP. Unfortunately, I have to fly to a client's location from April 1st to 10th and will not be able to attend the interview. Hence I am writing to request a change in the appointment schedule for the interview.

I will return on 11th April and will be available in Bangalore till 28th of April. I will be very grateful if you could re-schedule my appointment for interview between these dates, provided it matches your MD's calendar.

I would like to remind you that, I am still very interested in being interviewed as it is my dream position of being an AVP for an organisation like yours'. I am cent percent sure that I would meet your expectations if given a chance to work in this position.

Sincerely,

Suresh

surb123

Feb 15, 2010
somebody please reply with your expertise......as it will help you as well in understanding different view points :)

surb123

Feb 15, 2010
Please help me with your view points on these as well.

Topic: you have seen an advertisement looking for volunteers to teach English overseas. Write to the recruitment office. In your letter

a) Tell them where you saw the advertisement
b) Explain why you would like to go
c) Describe the skills that you have that you think would help

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Suresh Kumar and I am writing in response to your ad in Times of India newspaper published on April 8, 2013, seeking for volunteers to teach English overseas. I am currently staying in Bangalore and have attached my CV including my contact details.

I am very interested in volunteering for your program to teach English because it is my dream to go abroad and teach languages, especially English. It is also a great opportunity for me to contribute my mites to the society for its betterment.

I would like to talk about my skills and qualification that will help me perform better in this role. I have completed my Masters’ Program in English Literature, along with a certification course in teaching. I am also serving Government of India on a voluntary basis to help them build English curriculum for CBSE and ICSE syllabus. I have seven years of experience in teaching English at various levels such as schools, university, and organizations.

Hoping to hear from you.

Sincerely,

Suresh

sharpe88

Nov 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Surb, I would give your first letter a 6.5 and the second letter a 6.5 or 7.0.

surb123 said:
Hi Team,

I need some help in getting my writing evaluated some of in the forum. Please help me with a rating so that I know where to improve.

Letter 1:

Topic: You are visiting another town next month for a short break. Write a letter to the tourist information centre.
In your letter:
a) tell them how long you are staying
b) ask for some suggestions for what to do
c) find out if there are any local events happening at the time

My name is Suresh and I am currently residing in Bangalore. I am taking a short vacation next month to Mysore, a nearby town, for a period of two weeks. It will be grateful if you could provide me with some information about the city to help plan my trip well.

Since Mysore is home for some of the most beautiful monuments, it will be great if you could help me in identifying the most prominent one's to cover in two weeks. Also request you to recommend a few places to visit, especially that involves seeing and experiencing village life, seeing wild animals and residing in a peaceful surroundings of the beach.

I have heard that, there are lot of events conducted by the local people in April. Can you please confirm if any events are taking place in April? I am interested in experiencing the renowned kite festival and participating in the International Exhibition. May I request you to confirm if these events are happening and their dates?

Sincerely,

Suresh

Letter 2

Topic: You are supposed to go on an interview in a few weeks, but you have since found out you cannot go on the date arranged. Write a letter to the potential employer. In your letter
a) tell them why you need to move the inter time
b) ask to change the interview date
c) explain that you are still interested in being interviewd for the job

My name is Suresh Kumar and I have got an appointment to attend a face to face interview with your MD on 3rd April for the position Assistant VP. Unfortunately, I have to fly to a client's location from April 1st to 10th and will not be able to attend the interview. Hence I am writing to request a change in the appointment schedule for the interview.

I will return on 11th April and will be available in Bangalore till 28th of April. I will be very grateful if you could re-schedule my appointment for interview between these dates, provided it matches your MD's calendar.

I would like to remind you that, I am still very interested in being interviewed as it is my dream position of being an AVP for an organisation like yours'. I am cent percent sure that I would meet your expectations if given a chance to work in this position.

Sincerely,

Suresh