+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GSS category possible for SOWP

AlbertaExpress

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
You need to secure a job offer from an employer in Canada and that employer must obtain an approved LMIA.

It is next to impossible to find employers willing to go through this process and most job offers are scams.

If you want to move to Canada, you should forget about trying to find a job offer and instead focus on applying to immigration through an economic immigration program like Express Entry.
Yes, it may be tough but its not impossible.

Akad

May 22, 2022
Applying for SOWP, have question about depending children:
  1. What should I select visa type for dependent children, Visitor or study (ages b/w 5y-10y)? If I select study then what will I upload in the LOA requirement tabs?
  2. What should I select visa type for infant (less than 1y old)?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Applying for SOWP, have question about depending children:
  1. What should I select visa type for dependent children, Visitor or study (ages b/w 5y-10y)? If I select study then what will I upload in the LOA requirement tabs?
  2. What should I select visa type for infant (less than 1y old)?
1. Study permit. You don’t need to include LOA.
2. Visitor

Akad

May 22, 2022
1. Study permit. You don’t need to include LOA.
2. Visitor
Thank you for your response, Naturgrl.
LOA is appearing as (required) supporting documents, not as optional,, not sure if application will proceed further without uploading anything at that tab!

Secondly, Where will I upload job letter and paystubs of the spouse in Canada? These things have not been asked in the IRCC application?