+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Group Application - no AORs received, applications "In Progress" on Tracker, only 1 member invited for Cit. test?!

Mar 13, 2023
Per our CIC application trackers, the applications submitted December 2022 for both applicants in our group (myself and my wife) are marked as "In Progress" even though neither of us have received an AOR.

We were both asked to submit additional documents which we did and we each received an email both acknowledging receipt of those documents (but not of the applications themselves) and that the documents were added to our files. My wife also received a 2nd acknowledgment of receipt email, a month after the original, just stating that documents had been received (even though neither of us had sent anything further).

Currently both application tracker accounts still show the "waiting on you" notification for us to send documents, but my wife's tracker shows confirmation that additional information was received while my tracker does not. Language skills, Physical Presence and Prohibitions are all "In progress", Background verification is completed for us both but inexplicably my wife's application has now progressed to the Citizenship test while mine has not. We are concerned this will impact our ability to complete the whole process and take our oaths together.

Overall it appears that our application is being handled both irregularly and inconsistently - a strange situation it seems!

Has anyone been in this position and can anyone please advise about how best to proceed?

Rexies

Mar 9, 2023
I am currently in a similar situation. My partner was sent an invitation to take the test over a week while I am still waiting to get mine. We got our background checks completed at the same time and received AOR on the same date.

Reactions: Imara