+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Greater Vancouver Area - PR Card processing after COPR - Non portal (submitting photos by mail)

buffy0588

Apr 1, 2021
Do we have to fill out any application for pr card or what ??
What are the steps ??
No...you don't need to submit any application for the PR card process. If you received a COPR, in that letter itself they would clearly instruct you to submit your photos along with the copy of COPR letter to the respective address.

jasonliuengr

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-05-2020
Nomination.....
20-04-2020
AOR Received.
06-11-2020
Med's Done....
05-12-2020
LANDED..........
15-02-2021
Congratulations on finishing the process. I'm also BC PNP and received my "PR Confirmation Letter" April 9, which looks exactly like the document you posted. But that letter is not the COPR document itself.

Questions:
  1. Did you ever see the document available to download in the CIC portal like a lot of CEC applicants?
  2. When did you apply for a change of Social Insurance Number? If you applied before the PR card arrive, were you able to use that confirmation letter?

Thank you in advance !
Sorry for the late reply. Somehow I didn't receive a notification of your qoute.
1. I did have a document that available to download in the CIC protal.
2. I applied right after I got my CoPR. It's all online, no need to go to the CRA. You can use your CoPR as the PR.

Candy30

May 6, 2021
Hi all,

I would like to get some views on my current situation

I received CoPR (via dependent sponsor route) on the 1st week of March and sent photos ( Vancouver region) as mentioned in my CoPR and managed to link my application and my PR card application is in progress and still haven't got my PR card and status on GC key account shows "Submitted" since 10th April

There is Medical emergency arisen at home & I might need to travel before receiving the PR card . Does anybody know how I can travel with out PR card and come back to Canada. Has any one faced similar situation before ?

I called the immigration helpline a week ago & they said " Your PR Card Application is approved and it is in Printing Process now" but they are quoting 121 days average processing time as dead line to receive the card.

Any help is really appreciated. Thanks

abeythomas1997

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-06-2020
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
Logged in to the account today and it said that PR Card Application has been approved with a PR Card entry in document status and message which said "we mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.".

My timeline:
COPR: April 21st, 2021
Photos sent: April 22nd, 2021
Photos received (by office): April 23rd, 2021
Ghost Update: April 29th, 2021
PR Card application approved: May 6th, 2021

Will update y'all when I receive the card. Good luck y'all!

abeythomas1997

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-06-2020
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
Hi all,

I would like to get some views on my current situation

I received CoPR (via dependent sponsor route) on the 1st week of March and sent photos ( Vancouver region) as mentioned in my CoPR and managed to link my application and my PR card application is in progress and still haven't got my PR card and status on GC key account shows "Submitted" since 10th April

There is Medical emergency arisen at home & I might need to travel before receiving the PR card . Does anybody know how I can travel with out PR card and come back to Canada. Has any one faced similar situation before ?

I called the immigration helpline a week ago & they said " Your PR Card Application is approved and it is in Printing Process now" but they are quoting 121 days average processing time as dead line to receive the card.

Any help is really appreciated. Thanks
If you don't have a PR card, you'll need a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) to travel back to Canada. I am not sure what the process for this is, or if they are even processing it. I know that this document is supposed to be issued by the local visa office of what ever country you visit.

You might have seen an email address in your CoPR asking you to email them if you're not in Canada. If I were you, I'll email them and say that you have to leave Canada because of a medical emergency, and ask if they can process the card faster, or what they advise you do.

Good luck, and I hope everything works out for you.

raij

Apr 7, 2021
Logged in to the account today and it said that PR Card Application has been approved with a PR Card entry in document status and message which said "we mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.".

My timeline:
COPR: April 21st, 2021
Photos sent: April 22nd, 2021
Photos received (by office): April 23rd, 2021
Ghost Update: April 29th, 2021
PR Card application approved: May 6th, 2021

Will update y'all when I receive the card. Good luck y'all!
in how many days we can receive card in mailbox after approval ????

abeythomas1997

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-06-2020
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
in how many days we can receive card in mailbox after approval ????
I have no idea. Based on the other posts here, it could take anywhere from a week to three weeks for you to get it based on where you live.
I haven't received it yet, they approved the application and told me that they sent the card today.

Candy30

May 6, 2021
If you don't have a PR card, you'll need a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) to travel back to Canada. I am not sure what the process for this is, or if they are even processing it. I know that this document is supposed to be issued by the local visa office of what ever country you visit.

You might have seen an email address in your CoPR asking you to email them if you're not in Canada. If I were you, I'll email them and say that you have to leave Canada because of a medical emergency, and ask if they can process the card faster, or what they advise you do.

Good luck, and I hope everything works out for you.